Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Tarot ZYXS2 3-Axis Flight Controller any good?

I was wondering if the Tarot ZYXS2 3-Axis Flight Controller from motion RC is a good option for the Trex 470lp? My original plan was to get the MSH Brain 2 with the blue tooth integration but it just seems silly to spend 200 bucks on this vs 55bucks for the Tarot. Can anyone tell me why I should spend that much money on the brain 2 (I know it's popular) and not save that money for another plane, and just get the Tarot?
bpjacobsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2019, 12:30 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpjacobsen View Post
I was wondering if the Tarot ZYXS2 3-Axis Flight Controller from motion RC is a good option for the Trex 470lp? My original plan was to get the MSH Brain 2 with the blue tooth integration but it just seems silly to spend 200 bucks on this vs 55bucks for the Tarot. Can anyone tell me why I should spend that much money on the brain 2 (I know it's popular) and not save that money for another plane, and just get the Tarot?
I owned a Tarot ZYX2 in the past and could never get it working right...ie tail hold. I eventually gave it away on the free forums and bought a IKON 1st version. When you spend the money you get reliability and additional features such as bailout/rescue/self level...etc across different platforms(Brain,Skokum,Spirit...etc). Now with that said on my Tarot 450 i run a Turnigy 3DH which is basically a BeastX clone. Its a $50 FBL that has performed flawlessly for me, however no bells and whistles(bailout/rescue/SL). Alot of people are using the Spirit FBL with good success as well for a little less money than Brain,skookum...etc. But definately more than BeastX clones/Tarot zyx......just my 2 cents
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 12:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought my Ikon 1 used and have had no complaints. The newer 2's have more features and better Rescue/autolevel functions. Here are a few from the classifieds to consider.

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=843061
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=843419
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=844025
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=844003
weav01 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 01:28 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you decide to go with the ZYX, its $31 at go-gorc.
yakky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 04:29 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nah, it seems I'm not getting a sense that this Tarot is a great FBL controller. gonna just go with the brain 2 w/ bluetooth. screw it.
bpjacobsen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2019, 04:36 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bpjacobsen View Post
Me and dad flew them for years, are they the best? No, but then again what really is? if you don't mind Computer set up its pretty good. oh yeah the brain/ikon has to be set up PC to. i know they have Bluetooth and the app for your cell also witch is nice..

I like personally AR7200 the best. quick easy programming by pressing the button no need for a PC or nothing else making it easy o change settings at the field.

I had one on a Blade 450 many years ago. and we put one on dads Blade 400. Think we had another 450 with one at one time.

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 08:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epoweredrc View Post
I had one ... and we put one (AR7200BX) on dads Blade 400. Think we had another 450 with one at one time.
I am safe for 2 to max 3 crashes on a 4503D flybar.
HH discontinued all flybar head parts (main shaft, spindle shaft, etc.).

Did you convert your Blade 400 to FBL?

Once I saw a PDF manual how to "transform" my 4503D flybar head to FBL without buying a new one....but the shown brass sleeve (follower arms) did not really work on my setup.

I will probably with the Tarot ZYX and try to get it working only for the tail for a while.

I think it is the safest to disconnect the Tarot from the three cyclic servos and not to try to use the PIDs for the flybar head?

I found a Dynam 450.ini file for their Dynam 3GS 1.0 but I have no clue if it is for their flybar or flybarless heli variant.
Most cyclic settings only have a minimum of values...quite untypical.
Did they try to use their relabeled Tarot ZYX on the flybar heli and connected all three cyclics??
Walkera Devo 10/DeviationTX (12CH DSMx & telemetry)...Ex-DX8...Blade 4503D...Walkera V120D02s...XK K110...Blade 200QX quad...Ex-NanoCPX...Ex-120SR...StrykerQ (LEDs, M2 tuning)...Ex-MPX EGP...PPZ P51-D...PZ Wildcat (searching fuselage-firewall)
Thomas.Heiss is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 08:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas.Heiss View Post
I am safe for 2 to max 3 crashes on a 4503D flybar.
HH discontinued all flybar head parts (main shaft, spindle shaft, etc.).

Did you convert your Blade 400 to FBL?

Once I saw a PDF manual how to "transform" my 4503D flybar head to FBL without buying a new one....but the shown brass sleeve (follower arms) did not really work on my setup.

I will probably with the Tarot ZYX and try to get it working only for the tail for a while.

I think it is the safest to disconnect the Tarot from the three cyclic servos and not to try to use the PIDs for the flybar head?

I found a Dynam 450.ini file for their Dynam 3GS 1.0 but I have no clue if it is for their flybar or flybarless heli variant.
Most cyclic settings only have a minimum of values...quite untypical.
Did they try to use their relabeled Tarot ZYX on the flybar heli and connected all three cyclics??

i did convert a blade 400 to FBL that was dads.

I also converted a blade 450 3D to FBL. i have a thread here in the 450 section all about everything i did to convert it including all of the ZYX info. it was a very popular/helpfull thread for a long long time.

both of our 400/450 didnt have stock servos as was didnt like them they both had has 65s in them.

we used tarrot heads to convert to FBL

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-07-2019, 09:07 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been flying the Tarot ZYX-S2 and have no problems with it other than you have to have either a laptop or a five year old android phone to make adjustments at the field. My Tarot ZYX-S2 replaced a TGZ380 which I didn't find fit my flying style as well.
mail4dean@aol.com is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in