Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Setup Help!!

I have a Tarot zyx that I'm trying to setup. During my first attempt all went well but I ran out of time during my lunch break and I had to stop the process before I really finished the complete setup within the USB software. So the next chance I got I went to plug it back into the USB software and the gyro just goes solid red/blue/yellow and that's it. I messed around until I figured out that if I press the set button the leds go from solid red/blue/yellow to a blinking yellow then a blinking blue then a solid blue. I realize that the solid red/blue/yellow means that the gyro is not receiving a signal from the RX but, I didn't change anything from the first time I went into to program to the second except I switched the swash from 3 servos 120 to 1 servo norm. Anyway once I got to the solid blue I was able to get in and finish the programming and seemed to have success. everything looked like it was responding right. So here's the problem, after the successful programing I unplugged the usb and plugged the battery in thinking I'd be in business but, nothing happened again. The gyro went straight to solid red/blue/yellow. I'm using a DX7 with a Spektrum AR6200 satellite RX. I've seen something about binding the gyro but don't understand how to do it and if it's really needed. Can anyone help? This is my first FBL gyro setup.
jesses151 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Jesse, I'm not quite sure about your setup, but it sounds like you have a problem getting your ZYX-S set up with a satellite Rx. If that's it, this should help:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AZ8hdnDGQfQ
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-20-2013, 08:03 AM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK this may be a stupid question but, would it be easier to just use a ar6100 spectrum park flyer RX (no satellite RX)? Again I'm new to the 3 axis gyros. So if I understand correctly, when using a satellite RX the Tarot gyro becomes the RX doing away with the actual base RX of the satellite pair? I didn't get any instructions that specifically said that. I saw the first page in the programming menu for binding but didn't quite get it (probably because it didn't really explain it). Also it looks like the satellite RX will need some kind of adapter to plug into the gyro, which I don't have. So if it's easier, I'll just try a non-satellite RX later today.

Sound easier?
-Jesse
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 AM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, I took the satellite RX out of the chopper and put in a AR6115. Hooked everything up and still get the solid red/blue/yellow. Maybe I need to reset back to factory settings? Is that possible? I tried using the TX to get into a "yellow flashing" mode but that doesn't even function like the instruction say now. Argh! This thing is really turning me off of the whole FBL route! I don't understand why it worked fine the very first go around and now the thing is giving me all kinds of problems.
Old 04-20-2013, 12:56 PM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh, I get it now. You wanna bind the Rx itself not the ZYX. Follow the Spektrum manual.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 04-20-2013, 01:20 PM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

No. I'm capable of that. When I turn the heli on the gyro goes straight to red/blue/yellow and does nothing else. It's the GYRO that is stopping everything from proceeding.
the only way to get ANYWHERE with the gyro is to press the set button, then the leds go to yellow blinking. From there (after nothing still works) I press and hold the set button to get a blinking blue then solid blue. Again still no response out of the heli. if I plug everything back into the RX it's fine.

I originally wrote that the gyro functioned perfectly the very first time I tried to program it but, I didn't get to finish the programming. the next time I tried to finish the programming it gives the signal of solid red/blue/yellow. Which translates to no signal from the RX. Now I have since change out the satellite RX for a standard Spektrum RX (AR6115). The RX binded fine and I know how to do that.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:38 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK, finally figured it out! Many props to Rick at clubheli.com he was very helpful in talking me through the problem (I love when you can actually talk to someone). As it turns out the initial setup was were I went wrong. I assumed that the RX selection I needed was the DSM2-1 since I was using a DX7 and a satellite RX. Well I guess you should never assume (I need the idiots guide sometimes). The gyro factory setting was were I needed to be ie the conventional RX. Like I said before this is my first 3 axis setup and I figured it was something simple. Anyway thanks to all that tried to help a novice, I appreciate your patience and efforts.
-Jesse
Old 04-23-2013, 09:02 PM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there a link to a video with the setup using a laptop? The only one I have found is the one not using a laptop.

thanks Chris
corvettel98 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm not aware of any. However, the setup wizard is pretty self explanatory imo.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 04-24-2013, 05:04 AM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

Would this one help?

Tarot ZYX 3-Axis gyro usb programming preview check it out ^_^ (9 min 7 sec)

HK-450GT Flybarless Conversion - pt 4 - Radio and Software Setup (43 min 53 sec)
pinguin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 05:37 AM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Old 05-07-2013, 01:52 PM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

i am having a problem with my tail

it seems to stop when i give rudder to turn nose to the right but when i turn the nose to the left
it coast does not stop

maybe you can give me some numbers to program into my programmer ?
everything was fine until i updated to the 4.0 i am also changing the tail shaft seems like there is to much play on the tail pitch slider on the shaft
Old 05-07-2013, 04:27 PM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Increase the deceleration value for the left side piro. If you go too high you'll get a bounce. You can also add a few points to the tail D-gain as well.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 05-07-2013, 04:59 PM   #94 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
Increase the deceleration value for the left side piro. If you go too high you'll get a bounce. You can also add a few points to the tail D-gain as well.
thank you i'll give that a try i have the deceleration value at 20 now guess i'll try increments of 5 til i get there
Old 05-13-2013, 07:55 AM   #95 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default CX fails to initialize

Hi Dr M,

Was wondering if you could point me in the right direction. My CX won't initialize, and is getting warm to the touch. I've tried other battery packs etc but no luck. Any ideas as to what I can try?
Zamjustice is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 11:04 AM   #96 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The most common cause of the gyro not initializing is incorrect wiring to the Rx. Second most commond is the Rx is not bound to the Tx.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 05-13-2013, 12:12 PM   #97 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Tarot ZYX, ZYX-S & CopterX 3X-1000 Advanced Tuning and Troubleshooting Guide

Thks for the reply, turns out it's fried, was doing a hover test on a new 450 build, had what looked like a brown out (tail twitching then dived to the right) then nothing. Just plunged it back in a few minutes ago and no lights at all. Going to replace it with a 3X2000.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2
Old 05-13-2013, 12:17 PM   #98 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'd recommend you get a ZYX-S instead. As far as I know, nobody's been able to make the 3x-2000 fly well yet.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Old 05-13-2013, 02:29 PM   #99 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello I have a question,

I just finished my first conversion and setup from FB to FBL on my CX450. I use DS410 for the cyclic and a 9257 clone on the tail. The unit is a 3X1000. I set it up I think quite ok , but I am not a real experienced pilot. I noticed today when I tried a maiden hoover that it was surprisingly stable , but now comes the question the stick input was so damn fast with only a little input on the cyclic, it goes fast in all directions and take some time to get it stable again (is there no stabalization?). I guess I have to do something with PID gains or acc/dec but am not sure if this is correct and which I should change. I set it up as beginner and the settings are as follows;

roll P=80 I=120 D=0
Pitch P=80 I=120 D=0
Yaw P=80 I=25 D=25

acc=125 dec=40

Can somebody please give me some advise where I have to look

many thanks in advance,
Dave
dcb103 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 02:37 PM   #100 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Tarot ZYX, ZYX-S & CopterX 3X-1000 Advanced Tuning and Troubleshooting Guide

Thks again, I think I will go the suggested route. Want to thank you for all the input, this thread really helped with the setup on my 250, now to get the 450 in the air.

Sent from my HTC Sensation Z710e using Tapatalk 2

Tags
3gys, 3x-1000, tarot zyx, zyx-s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in