Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 100 Class Electric Helicopters

100 Class Electric Helicopters 100 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-17-2013, 07:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Syma F3

anyone hear anything about this new 4CH F3 by Syma? these site legit?

http://www.symatoys.com/product/show/1885.html

http://www.toys-model.com/syma-f3-4-...with-gyro.html
peeps00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 09:40 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a 3 channel, not 4 channel.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default F3

3 channel?! How u figure that? It says 4 channel all over.
peeps00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 02:52 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Then they made a mistake on this ad. Says 3 channel/remote control helicopter.

I see they fixed their ad...my bad,

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2013, 11:30 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I like that they made it Mode 2 selectable.

I bought a Syma S800 but the controls threw me off when I went with a Nano CPX.

Wish I had this before. It has removable lipo batteries. A good test bed to see if you want to spend the big bucks later on.
Old 09-04-2013, 07:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Syma F3

Just wondering if anyone has picked one of these up & flown it? There is a video on YouTube of a guy flying one and it seems to fly pretty fast. In his comments he said he has the WL V911 & seems to like the F3 a little more. Trying to decide between the two.
bladerunner55 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2013, 11:53 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like those canopies. I wonder how durable they are and if I can fit it onto the NCPX.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:16 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've had an F3 for about 4 weeks now and I've got maybe 40 flights on it. I'm a newbie in this hobby and wanted something I could potentially use outside since the S107G clearly isn't meant for it.

As a beginner, I'll say that the F3 is incredibly easy to fly. I started off in the Mode 2 controls because it was similar to the S107G. I found that I never used the roll control though, so I switched to Mode 1 and now I understand the true benefit of the 4th channel during forward flight.

I get about 8 minutes of solid flight time and it tapers off in performance from there, becoming harder to control as the juice runs down. Recently mine developed a vibration after a hard strike into a chain link fence. Prior to that I've had some NASTY hits (full speed into the side of the house comes to mind) and the only things I've broken are the front bar on the right skid and one hole in the canopy has cracked through to the edge. Still works fine.

Anyway, the vibration turned out to be in the flybar, so I went to work on the grinder to balance it out. I went a little overboard and ended up taking off about half the length of the weights on both sides, and perfectly balancing it within a few degrees when balancing it on a thread. Holy hell this thing is agile now. No perceived loss in control but it dives and turns like crazy. My pitch+yaw turns are unbelievable and the top forward speed is very fast, too fast for my acre of back yard. It also runs longer (or feels longer).

The parts availability is low right now but I like this machine and hope it becomes more popular. I was torn between this and the V911 but I was so satisfied with the S107 that I decided to stick with Syma. I'm pretty happy. I have some V911 200mah batteries on order because I want to see if I can make those work, as opposed to shelling out $6 per F3 battery. I'll update this when I get them.
gallonoffuel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-14-2015, 03:29 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

gallonoffuel so did the battery swap work? ive had my f3 about 3 months now and i have beatin it like a red headed step kid. and its finally time to get new parts as the ball on the wobbler that is on the left broke off and glue is holding but its not as nice as it was when new. I went and got a blade sr120 and i hate that pos out the box the tail rotor had issues and its eating batterys with little tono real flight time.
im wondering if the f3 can use parts like off a v911. i dont see any aftermarket bits for the f3 but i see cnc wobbler (swash plate) and other things. any body know? i did put a wide angle white led up front on the nose so i can tell the direction at nite. i got 5 extra syma batterys for less than $20 and i really use them alot.
badassrx7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2015, 04:50 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wobbler Parts for F3

badassrx7, try the link below - all the parts you would need to get your bird up and running again can be found there. You can also find them locally probably on EBay or Amazon...but they would likely be more $$ and then there is the obvious question of whether or not the genuine Syma parts.
The transit time from China is obviously not ideal, but at least you know you are getting the real deal from a company that seems pretty good from the research I have done and reviews I've read.
http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-Spa...F3-Spare-Parts
NewHeliAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-16-2015, 05:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did anyone have to manually trim the swash/pushrods, or have your F3's been pretty 'straight' right out of the box? The vendor from whom I purchase mine says they test them before shipping...but I think a lot of vendors say that but don't actually do it.
Also, I am reading a lot of forums where the Mode 2 on this Tx is not really Mode 2...what's the deal with that? In mode 2 it should be left stock controls throttle and yaw, and right stick controls aileron and elevator...is this not the case in Mode 2 on this Tx? If not, which mode is the 'proper' Mode 2? Is it Mode 1?
NewHeliAddict is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2015, 06:49 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHeliAddict View Post
badassrx7, try the link below - all the parts you would need to get your bird up and running again can be found there. You can also find them locally probably on EBay or Amazon...but they would likely be more $$ and then there is the obvious question of whether or not the genuine Syma parts.
The transit time from China is obviously not ideal, but at least you know you are getting the real deal from a company that seems pretty good from the research I have done and reviews I've read.
http://www.symatoystore.com/Syma-Spa...F3-Spare-Parts
yep i ordered 2 flybars 5 batterys and 2 tail blades for like 23$ only thing i didnt like was the lipos had to ship slowboat. im waiting on a v911pro v2 and im gonna see if the parts like the shaft and wobbler are the same so we can get the cnc parts i hope. i just saw the f3 @xheli for less than 30$
only mod sofar is i installed a wide angle super bright white led under the front nose so i can tell what direction im going in the dark. it throws out some light for sure.
badassrx7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2015, 07:46 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good idea...how did you go about doing that? How do you know where to affix the LED wire to on the PCB? Can you provide a pic or two, and also which LED you used and where to get it?
Old 01-26-2015, 07:47 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by badassrx7 View Post
yep i ordered 2 flybars 5 batterys and 2 tail blades for like 23$ only thing i didnt like was the lipos had to ship slowboat. im waiting on a v911pro v2 and im gonna see if the parts like the shaft and wobbler are the same so we can get the cnc parts i hope. i just saw the f3 @xheli for less than 30$
only mod sofar is i installed a wide angle super bright white led under the front nose so i can tell what direction im going in the dark. it throws out some light for sure.
I thought about the V911 Pro also, but ultimately ended up choosing the F3 instead. This heli is just a stepping stone for me to move on to the CP variety of hell's...hopefully...lol
Old 02-08-2015, 11:15 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thunderbird x8

Got the EI-HI X8 4ch heli. flew great in 20mph winds but after a week, no main rotor.... still trying to figure out what has gone wrong.... New to the world of flying.....
CurtisR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2015, 09:42 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by CurtisR View Post
Got the EI-HI X8 4ch heli. flew great in 20mph winds but after a week, no main rotor.... still trying to figure out what has gone wrong.... New to the world of flying.....
EI-HI....funny...the X7 looks exactly like the Syma F3, and the one you got (X8), looks exactly like the WL Toys V913...
Do any of the chinese helicopters have original products or do they all re-brand their products produced by one single OEM?
Old 02-14-2015, 05:34 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey did anyone have any luck with alternative batteries. The 160 mah batteries I have for my parkzone plane made by Lectron look they would plug right in but I need to make sure the polarity is the same, and you would have to figure a way to secure them.

The adapter charge cable for the MCPX would allow you to adapt to the type plug on the V911 batteries, but again I need to check polarity and it also would have to be mounted, although this would be easier with the wire plugging into it rather than it having to plug directly into the plug on the heli. This is a great little heli but they kind of screwed the pooch with the oddball battery. That plastic shell does nothing but add unnecessary weight.

I have heard of someone putting a 911 landing gear / battery plug on the F3, but have yet to try that. May pull the gear off my 911 PRO and see if it will directly fit.
jimw1956 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-18-2015, 09:07 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The plastic casing around the battery helps to keep it in place as it provides a nice snug fit with the support bracket on the undercariage as well as it helps to minimize risk of damage to the connector in a crash etc.
What would be nice is if Syma would offer a 200mAh bat...TBH, I can't see how an extra 10mAh (160 vs the stock 150), would have any appreicable impact on flight time, maybe a half minute at the very most...?
Old 02-18-2015, 09:10 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Side note...I am still awaiting the arrival of my helicopter from SymaToyStore...has been 5 week now...apparently the post office lost the first one, so they had to re-ship.
This will be the last time I order from them...I think I would prefer to keep my purchases confined to this side of the ocean moving forward.
What a joke.
Old 07-25-2015, 12:41 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimw1956 View Post
Hey did anyone have any luck with alternative batteries. The 160 mah batteries I have for my parkzone plane made by Lectron look they would plug right in but I need to make sure the polarity is the same, and you would have to figure a way to secure them.

The adapter charge cable for the MCPX would allow you to adapt to the type plug on the V911 batteries, but again I need to check polarity and it also would have to be mounted, although this would be easier with the wire plugging into it rather than it having to plug directly into the plug on the heli. This is a great little heli but they kind of screwed the pooch with the oddball battery. That plastic shell does nothing but add unnecessary weight.
So I don't mind the batteries so much, but the battery plug that's soldered into the PC board snapped loose while removing the battery (or crashing perhaps). I have a soldering iron but can't find this part for sale. Have a whole lot of V911 batteries too so don't mind converting over but the battery plug is still an issue.

Any ideas?

I have heard of someone putting a 911 landing gear / battery plug on the F3, but have yet to try that. May pull the gear off my 911 PRO and see if it will directly fit.[/QUOTE]
taksmara is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in