Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-06-2013, 09:42 AM   #161 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Olson View Post
i can bust out some crash vids if you like. i believe in posting the good, the bad, and the ugly. nice flyin rich, btw.

Sent from my SGH-T959V using Tapatalk 2
"Go ahead, Make my day."

RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-06-2013, 09:48 AM   #162 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been flying at a park with nobody around and suddenly a kid is directly under the helicopter. Then, the icing on the cake, the parent walks over to the kid and looks up to watch with them. Literally 10 feet in front of me.

Talk about a buzz-kill.
Old 05-06-2013, 10:03 AM   #163 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jchandler View Post
I've been flying at a park with nobody around and suddenly a kid is directly under the helicopter. Then, the icing on the cake, the parent walks over to the kid and looks up to watch with them. Literally 10 feet in front of me.

Talk about a buzz-kill.
That's so very close to what happened to me. Nether one of the spotter seen the kid until he LOOKED like he was right there. YES the Mom and Dad did that also. It's just not seen in video. So we shut down and left.
Old 05-06-2013, 01:58 PM   #164 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Post your Blade 450X videos here!!

if folks roll up on me while im flying and was "there first". i tell em to stand back. I'm not gonna ruin my fun for a coupla rubber-neckers.

Old 05-06-2013, 02:15 PM   #165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
if folks roll up on me while im flying and was "there first". i tell em to stand back. I'm not gonna ruin my fun for a coupla rubber-neckers.

+1 to that. I yell out to them and politely ask them to join me and stand behind me. If they don't, then it's show over for them. I've got no problems ending my flight quickly. I've had to do that only once so far, and luckily it was a buzzkill for them, and the kids walked away. Another five minutes later, They came back, but knew better the 2nd time.
dragnse7en is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2013, 10:50 PM   #166 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

3 batteries back to back....first good, second not so bad, third is ugly for sure.

goes south at 10:59...

Blade 450X (11 min 9 sec)

I can't seem to rid myself of my tail wag that it so blatantly obvious.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:30 AM   #167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
3 batteries back to back....first good, second not so bad, third is ugly for sure.

goes south at 10:59...

Blade 450X - YouTube

I can't seem to rid myself of my tail wag that it so blatantly obvious.
I saw the tail wag, around 6:52.

I'm a newb, but if I may, suggest that you check the belt tension and wear, check the tail blade balance, and if that's not the problem, then trim down your gyro gain.

There was a mistake in the manual, set like this:

0 = 77%, 1 = 77% Switch = FM, normal = 0 Stunt = 0.

The stunt setting should be set at 1 instead of 0. Also, if it still wags after that, try 75% on both, and creep down still in 2 degree increments until the tail doesn't do what I saw in your video.

Also, please practice landing. Believe it or not landing is a huge part of keeping your heli happy, and yourself as well. You've got to break that habit of slamming it down on the ground. Practice a 2 minute hover, 2 feet off the ground 1st. Then, you can dominate any wind for landing.

I fly much like you do, but I know my limits, and back off on the sticks. This is, after all, the fastest heli in the sky. Other 450s wish they could perform this fast. The Blade 450X is truly the Ferrari of the sky - yes - it's that fast.

BTW - why does your 450X sound high-pitched? the noise is high. Did you mod it? Mine sounds like an electric turbine, but yours sounds like a wound-up watch or a screaming earthworm. Mine sounds like a burping snail. It sounds like the gear mesh is way too tight, and the screaming noise is coming from your main motor's bearings, as they chew and melt your main gear.

That's my interpretation from your video hoss. My friend and brother saw it, and they see me fly all the time. Something's wicked wrong and off with your heli. - No Offense.
Old 05-08-2013, 12:49 AM   #168 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here'e my interpretation of what you say you saw in my video:
I have had this wag since the first rebuild, new belt/old belt, gyro settings in 1% increments, stock/aluminum tail case and have yet to figure it out. I'm sure in time I will figure it out.
My landings are not bad. What you saw was one "hopp'ish" landing out of the multitude that I have made with no issue. Please don't take this one video out of context to fit your needs.
I know my limits, as well, and instead push the envelope, not back off.
I run the 450 motor and the 13tooth pinion. I would agree the mesh is a tad tight, but with out more room in the motor mount screw holes in the frame, it's tough to get it back much further as it is. The wires exiting the motor are a bit thicker it seems and since the motor mount only affixes to the motor one way, I have no choice but to squeeze the motor wires between the mount and frame. Not a lot, but maybe enough to keep me from an "optimal" mesh.
Does yours sound like and electric turbine, or a burping snail? Are those two different sounds? And if so, how does your heli produce both noises at the same time?
I appreciate your opinion but think your interpretation may only be going off this one video and in turn, and as such, may be slightly skewed and more a matter of opinion or subjectivity more than it is a helpful post to get things right where you clearly see/hear them being completely wrong.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:01 AM   #169 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Ed is right the noise you hear is the 450 motor and the higher that stock head speed = a little more gear noise. dragnse7en if you only fly to your limit and back off you will never progress but I guess if you are happy with that thats fine. And just because someone's 450x dont sound like your friends or your brothers does not mean there is anything wrong with it hoss.
Allen_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 01:07 AM   #170 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Here'e my interpretation of what you say you saw in my video:
I have had this wag since the first rebuild, new belt/old belt, gyro settings in 1% increments, stock/aluminum tail case and have yet to figure it out. I'm sure in time I will figure it out.
My landings are not bad. What you saw was one "hopp'ish" landing out of the multitude that I have made with no issue. Please don't take this one video out of context to fit your needs.
I know my limits, as well, and instead push the envelope, not back off.
I run the 450 motor and the 13tooth pinion. I would agree the mesh is a tad tight, but with out more room in the motor mount screw holes in the frame, it's tough to get it back much further as it is. The wires exiting the motor are a bit thicker it seems and since the motor mount only affixes to the motor one way, I have no choice but to squeeze the motor wires between the mount and frame. Not a lot, but maybe enough to keep me from an "optimal" mesh.
Does yours sound like and electric turbine, or a burping snail? Are those two different sounds? And if so, how does your heli produce both noises at the same time?
I appreciate your opinion but think your interpretation may only be going off this one video and in turn, and as such, may be slightly skewed and more a matter of opinion or subjectivity more than it is a helpful post to get things right where you clearly see/hear them being completely wrong.
Hi Ed -

You do have a point. I wasn't there to see it 1st hand. I was just trying to see what was wrong with the tail wag issue you had, and got overboard. I'm sorry for that.

Okay - the noise issue - okay. mine sounds like a UH-60 Blackhawk, and yours sounds like something the same, except I hear a loud problem. Gear mesh? yeah - probably.

The gears need a tiny tick space between.

This isn't my 1st rodeo, I've been into r/c cars for over 30 years, and I know the value of gear mesh and transmissions since I was 14. I'm 42 now.

Landing? I'll take your word for it. My word to you - keep your aircraft in one piece, and keep practicing hovering 2 feet high, and after you master a nose-in landing then you're a god. If I can d it, so can you.

Damnit - I'm not talking trash on you. Just tying to help.

I will post a video of my wicked awesome "coax style" flying here soon. - with a nose-in landing!
Old 05-08-2013, 04:56 AM   #171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unlucky with the crash Ed, you must getting as good as me at putting it back together now

Your wag looks gain related to me. What do you have it set at?
comatosed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #172 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

^5 Ed. Great flying. Sorry about the crash but I know you push your skills. I'm a newbie and push mine to learn and improve also and know the feeling and sound of broken glass.

Crash aside great flying. Now rebuild, recharge and hit the skies again.
Old 05-08-2013, 06:47 AM   #173 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post
This is, after all, the fastest heli in the sky. Other 450s wish they could perform this fast. The Blade 450X is truly the Ferrari of the sky - yes - it's that fast.
Is this documented fact or personal opinion. Just wondering for personal info.
Old 05-08-2013, 07:45 AM   #174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Post your Blade 450X videos here!!

Its 100% fact. I have it documented.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TapTalk 2
Old 05-08-2013, 08:51 AM   #175 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Its 100% fact. I have it documented.

Sent from my Galaxy Note 2 using TapTalk 2
I never knew the 450X was the fasts OEM 450 on the market. Coming from a old school customizing rod hot car guy, that's sweet.
Old 05-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh no. I was just playing along. I don't know what the "fastest" 450 is. I'm going to anger the heli gods with this one!
Old 05-08-2013, 01:58 PM   #177 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Oh no. I was just playing along. I don't know what the "fastest" 450 is. I'm going to anger the heli gods with this one!

I fell for it and tried to brouse "Fastest Electric RC heli" So I'm no better. I get 50 lashes with a wet noodle.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:18 PM   #178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post

I fell for it and tried to brouse "Fastest Electric RC heli" So I'm no better. I get 50 lashes with a wet noodle.
Yeah, sorry guys. Lemme put this kitchen fire out . . .

On the books, with the specs, it seems like the power to weight ratio is boss for our 450Xs. Also, a lot of guys over on youtube brag about how light, fast, and agile it is, against any other 450 class heli.

So, yeah, it's my personal opinion, but I do believe it is the Ferrari of the sky.

Maybe we should call Myth Busters for this one?
Old 05-08-2013, 02:33 PM   #179 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragnse7en View Post

Maybe we should call Myth Busters for this one?

Watching M/B as I read the post.
Old 05-08-2013, 02:39 PM   #180 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I would say the Warp 360 is the fastest 450 which may change when SAB releases the Goblin 450.
Allen_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in