Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2013, 08:54 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what would YOU like to see next from blade?

I would love to see a mega powerhouse 180 -200 size heli on 3s. Something that would require no upgrades to make it a beast
stormfan69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 09:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not great at fine soldering so BL nano top on my want list.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 09:11 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormfan69 View Post
I would love to see a mega powerhouse 180 -200 size heli on 3s. Something that would require no upgrades to make it a beast
Given that the Trex 250 already has a high disc loading for its size I'm not sure 3S in that size would be ideal.
Old 01-30-2013, 09:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Discontinue the Blade SR
megawhacker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 10:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Blade/Horizon Hobby has built real presence, at least in the USA as a serious micro heli source, with excellent customer service. Yes there are always exceptions, but I'm saying overall perception.
I think a direction for Blade to consider in addition to the small wonders they are already delivering, is to provide a One Stop upgrade path and supply shop. We all try to find bigger, better and/or more durable motors, ESC, servos, tools.

I'd like to see a line of premium option items, motors, drop-in replacements with superior to stock bearings, precision and durability for those who really just want to fly, fly, fly.

Also offer even higher output version motors with any required ECU and mounting hardware. Again, using high durability, quality components.

I think such motors for the 300x, 450x , and the upcoming 500x and 550x would be well received.
Offer metal geared premium servos, again as a one stop option shop, and for those helis noted.

Even consider 6s complete high performance kits for 450 class helis, 12s for the 550. Probably not as much demand for these as the above, but as a one stop shop for all your electric heli needs?

Consider exploring agreements with alternative battery suppliers, offering those name brand batteries at a more addict friendly price. You don't have to make 50% markup if you gain more repeat buyers of your higher markup parts,options and new products... Fine line on markup, value both real and perceived. You have the basic infrastructure, just beef it up.

Sure, we'll still look at others offerings, but just think of the number of those people who don't know of Helifreak, rr or other sites. Blade would reinforce repeat sales as being the first stop for those buying Blade helis to think of for useful upgrades, not just bling.

Make the upgrade path simpler for technopeasants, I.e. Those coming into a much more technically demanding hobby with little useful ability. We referred to early personal computer Users as Technopeasants...they could kinda half use the product...the term coined years ago..nearer the Dr. Dobbs / Z80 8080 8088 6502 68000 Computer Shopper start era than the PC Magazine of today...yeah I'm a little older than some of you..I even own a Sperry-Univac BC7...

A bit long but Blade/HH can do a lot more than introduce new models. We'll be watching with great anticipation for the new models anyway...Ha!
Old 01-30-2013, 11:17 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Focus on delivering a quality product on time that does not require substantial correction/upgrade by the end user, as opposed to a new model every week.

B130X (x2) B450X (x2) T-Rex 550E, 700E, Goblin 500, 700
Habu 32, Extreme Edge 540T, various foam junk
Napoleon_Tanerite is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2013, 11:24 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawhacker View Post
Discontinue the Blade SR
Ya, thats something I don't understand. The MSR, which is back by popular demand, was discontinued before that. Its decent at first but of the 5 of 5 that I know of around my area, they all developed a habit of wanting to fly off on their on and crash... The msr had the toilet bowl issue but at least it cant cause any serious damage and is usually(unless the board needs replaced) a cheap fix.

Other than that back on topic, I think it would be interesting to see a high performance 450 kit from them and see if they can compete with the other top dogs.
BurritoSnake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 12:53 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psuedo_Heli_Commander View Post
I'd like to see a line of premium option items, motors, drop-in replacements with superior to stock bearings, precision and durability for those who really just want to fly, fly, fly.

Also offer even higher output version motors with any required ECU and mounting hardware. Again, using high durability, quality components.
http://www.e-fliterc.com/PowerSystem...heli+outrunner

Have you seen these? They are exactly what you've requested - very high quality, high-output motors with Japanese bearings. We're using one in the 550X.
David Eichstedt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by megawhacker View Post
Discontinue the Blade SR
I'd like to see an SR V2 with a belt drive tail rotor. I am trying to map out my path to full 3D CP with FBL and I'm worried about the jump to FBL. I'd like something between the 120 SR and all the Xs they have. Something as cheap as the SR but minus the direct drive tail rotor, and a nice easy fly bar.
wussie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 03:43 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Napoleon_Tanerite View Post
Focus on delivering a quality product on time that does not require substantial correction/upgrade by the end user, as opposed to a new model every week.
I think they do try to do this, in fairness.

At least they don't seem to be releasing models like Walkera. I can't keep up with what's what there. While I admire Walkera for trying to push boundaries, I think having too many models could create too much confusion and also becomes a logistical nightmare for the local distributor and end-user.

Dave. BL nano. Do it! You know it will zomgwtfbbq sell.

spykez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 06:59 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by spykez View Post
Not great at fine soldering so BL nano top on my want list.
Maybe one day, but that'll take a long time I think...

I saw they released a big CX today, those guys sure are buzy!!!

I'd like to see a new micro heli:
-130 size
-brushless
-TT or belt tail
-very powerful
-governor
-very beefed up parts = more or less unbreakable (extra thick shafts etc)

I envision some sort of a "caged" heli. Kinda like a dune buggy totally made up from bars... apart from the rotors it would just "bounce back" (the skids being a part of the canopy and frame so to speak)

Bit of a dilemma of course... beefy = heavy = harder impact...
Big: Align 700E. DX8, Phoenix, Lynx Team Pilot
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 07:10 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll 2nd getting rid of the SR.

Then I'd like to see a larger quad mQX BL, with BL motors and say 2S 1000+ mah lipo and capable of carring a video or GoPro at minimum. 3S battery and even larger wouldn't be too big, would it? Could have options for camera mount and GPS?
whodothevoodoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 12:06 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Keep helicopter's like the MSR, and 120SR around. Maybe new ones that are comparable, there are some of us out here that are not into 3D flying, and just want something to fly around the garage. It's nice to have a easy heli to fly, and relax with. Just my two cent's from a old fart.
KY.Hick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:12 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I doubt if many would want to see the mSR go away. The SR most of us are talking about the CP. It's gotta be the worst flying heli they've sold in a long time.

I wouldn't care if they did away with the current 120 SR but I think they would be smart to do an upgrade on that bird. Maybe a better board with a better motor, fly bar system and a new look to help sales.

This just in for the mCX 2 lovers in the crowd.
http://www.horizonhobby.com/products/cx4-rtf-BLH2100#t1
whodothevoodoo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 01:36 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Eichstedt View Post
http://www.e-fliterc.com/PowerSystem...heli+outrunner

Have you seen these? They are exactly what you've requested - very high quality, high-output motors with Japanese bearings. We're using one in the 550X.
Yes, that is where I had bought the Eflite 450 motor for one of my 450x helis. I also had to buy an Align pinion as none of the part numbers on the 450 motor data sheet shipped with it were to be found by HH when we bought it. My lhs placed the call to H H for me.

I meant to have these premium motors And suitable pinions available through the Blade.com website listed under the heli they fit as premium upgrade options for a one stop shopping experience. Of course you could provide a link in the Blade.com site to jump to the appropriate site/option...but then how to order such cross linked items under one cart/checkout.. Not really tough with the right backend software...but it can get expensive implementing and maintaining...

Having the Eflite premium level motors on HH site is fine for general public accessibility To cover non-blade usage as well. Unlikely a Tarot or HK users' first lookup for a motor would be on Blade.com, HH would probably occur earlier in searching...depends how one looks,lists.

Don't get me wrong David, I really do enjoy what the HH/Blade/Spektrum entities deliver. I am well versed in the backend, manufacturing (mechanical and bleeding edge electronic), operations I.T. test and even outsourcing.
Most people have no real appreciation for all you guys and gals go through to deliver the products you do, nor the daily issues continuing to provide the level of customer satisfaction you do!

Keep up the good work! We know you actually do listen and some of us realize how much your shrink/bar bill must be to keep maintaining and upping standards...and why some of us retired!
Old 01-31-2013, 05:34 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to see the 300x and above belt drive, goblin style....but chances are, thats probably patented.
Also, DFC would be great.

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 06:15 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about scale fuselages for the 450, or at least different body shapes / sizes, not just color changes. Same goes for the nano, mcpx's. lots of non-blade canopies on blades all over these forums.

That was one of the best things about off road 10th scale racing, buy 1 truck and any of a couple dozen bodies would fit!

"I do my best looking 3d when trying to avoid a crash!"
Jherison is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, more canopy choices for all the helis. Fusuno stuff is too heavy for the micros.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:18 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

A spec package for micros would be nice, higher kv motors, like the hp08 already installed. I would pay more for something like this
Old 01-31-2013, 08:54 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would like to see a beginner/Intermediate level CP Heli that you don't have to worry about if you burn up the motor when are you going to fly again or one that you have to buy parts before you open the box to make it fly decent.

With the Nano parts supply issue (AKA M.I.A. motor and FF blades), and then with the mcpx v2 needing the extended tail and the o-rings right out of the box and people saying that in order to fly inverted it is difficult without going brushless, I wish I had another option!

Then you have the mcpx bl, Looks like a winner but to quote others, “Not meant for hovering.” I like the 450 3d since you can tame it down to learn and progress to some 3d on when you get better, but you need the space which isn’t always available and then you have the expense of life’s little mistakes. (CRASH=$$$ )

How about a mcpx v2.5, it comes standard with a little bit more powerful brushed or a tamer brushless (compared to the mcpx bl) main motor and the extended tail with a appropriate tail motor to match the main motor.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in