Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 04:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is there any embedded information in the E-Mail link sent by mikado with the key, as i'm one of these odd people that only do E-Mail on an isolated ancient machine dedicated to the purpose, so will have to manually copy the link onto my other machine used to update my V-Bars.
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

What you see is what you get, meaning yes, you can copy the text and go there manually with the complete link

(there is a key in the link printed in plain sight, nothing hidden)

looks like this
...w.vstabi.info/node/1438?id=16139a28ae2bbee539012e01b07afc67
Old 02-16-2013, 01:02 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 4 Vbars registered through www.mikado-heli.com.hk All 4 show up in my orders once I am logged in. The same user/password combo does not work on www.vstabi.info or www.mikado-heli.de

I had a request to transfer ownership of one of these which I sold a while ago but apparently cannot do it.

So my question is why are the HK site and DE site do not share customer info databases? I've registered on the DE site but got a new customer number and the account is fresh therefore does reflect my previous purchases. What needs to be done here?

belcom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Vlad, do you want me to contact Mikado to request the transfer or have you contacted them?
This is a bit PITA, hope they get things sorted and working smoothly.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by GimpyGolden View Post
Vlad, do you want me to contact Mikado to request the transfer or have you contacted them?
This is a bit PITA, hope they get things sorted and working smoothly.
All ok now. Seems I had to wait a few minutes and the new account I registered picked up my info and all my Vbars showed up. Transfer done Scott. Enjoy!

belcom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2013, 02:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yup it's there, finally worked.
Thanks for sticking though Vlad.
Old 02-16-2013, 03:15 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

A few days ago I tried to update my system and found all of this out for myself. I too was very confused that my username and password from previous usage was invalid. The extra steps was also irratating. Wish I had seen this video before that fiasco. With that said I still enjoy all my v-bars and will continue to use them.

BTW this should be a sticky
BakedMopar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 10:40 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just tried to update one of my Mini Vbars from 5.24 Pro to the latest version. I got the error message in the PC software and after some Google searching I found this thread and followed the steps. Strangely, when I expand the info for the device I want to upgrade, it says I already have 5.3 Pro loaded, yet in the PC software it says I have 5.24. Oh, and yes I have checked the license keys match up. Anyway, I clicked on the Request License Key link and it said an email has been sent to my correct email address. That was almost an hour ago and I haven't received it yet. Oh and of course I have checked my spam folder. Also I've received a few other emails from different people so I know my email is working. How long does the email normally take?
Old 03-01-2013, 11:02 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine emails came instantly and did not go to spam.
I would message Mikado.
Old 03-01-2013, 11:34 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still not received the email. I sent an email to Mikado but I know its after business hours in Germany and I'm not expecting them to respond over the weekend. I guess this Vbar will not be updated for this weekend.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:31 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did get a reply from Mikado, saying that the email had been sent and I should check my spam folder and that I should make a new request. O f course I did check my spam folder and nothing there. I made a new request over 1 hour ago but still nothing.
Old 03-03-2013, 12:23 PM   #32 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location
Default Video: New license manager for upgrading VBar firmware

Make sure you don't have something fat-fingered in your email address. For example, uppercase "i"s can look like lowercase "L"s. What I'd suggest is copying the email address from your account and pasting it into a new email to yourself. If you don't get it then you'll know the address is wrong.

When you checked your spam folder, did you only check it on your computer? If so, try going to your email provider's webmail page and see if they have a separate spam folder.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-04-2013, 06:28 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Everything is correct on my side but my email provider was discarding the email without even putting it in my spam folder. Rainer said another customer had the same problem and he is updating his script to work around it. In the mean time I just provided a different email account and it works now.

Also I would just like to say thanks to Rainer for helping out. Brilliant CS
Old 03-05-2013, 07:34 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

If you want to transfer your Vbar ownership you can just include a copy of the Vbar log file with your serial number right on the registration screen now even if it was already registered. They contact you within the next days with the news. This process isn't so bad now that I've learned it.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Vbar_Transfer.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	45.9 KB
ID:	400904   Click image for larger version

Name:	Vbar_Transfer_Successfully.jpg
Views:	293
Size:	37.3 KB
ID:	400905  

Last edited by HeliSmith; 03-05-2013 at 08:37 PM..
HeliSmith is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-08-2013, 09:00 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks Mikado

I am happy to say all 6 of my V-bars are registered and updated to 5.3.4 Pro it was very easy and I want to thank Rainer and everyone at Mikado for the great service.
Old 03-11-2013, 07:20 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow, what a pain. Had to help a friend set up just to upgrade express. This is very complicated especially when your trying to help someone setup their Heli and you can't get logged into their account cause they are away from home and they can't remember their password. I had newer software so we couldn't even set it up. Thankfully we was able to remember login and was able to reset password. This added and hour to setup.
Vcontrol
tshelby73 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 07:58 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshelby73 View Post
Wow, what a pain. Had to help a friend set up just to upgrade express. This is very complicated especially when your trying to help someone setup their Heli and you can't get logged into their account cause they are away from home and they can't remember their password. I had newer software so we couldn't even set it up. Thankfully we was able to remember login and was able to reset password. This added and hour to setup.
The days of simple firmware updates are over if you do not register your V-bar or forget your password.
The great part is once it is registered, it is just as easy as it was before, you just have to log in and get a key.

At least you get quality updates from Mikado and the crooked counterfeiters that steal software are going to find this very complicated for their junk that was copied because with out the firmware updates the fakebar owners do not get a free ride!

I have paid a lot of money to have my V-bars upgraded. I am happy Mikado put this protection in place.
Old 03-11-2013, 08:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Where are these F-Bars?
Not looking to buy one but would like to avoid it rather in the future.
This isn't going to be a case the Futaba 401's is it, copy's sold through credible channels?
Old 03-11-2013, 09:43 PM   #39 (permalink)
HF Support

My HF Map location

You can probably guess which country they're coming out of. I don't think we'll see them sold in the US. I won't go any further than that so that I don't encourage anybody. I have a very dim view of intellectual property thieves.
Graupner MZ-32

Experience is something you gain only after you need it.
I wouldn't mind social media so much if it didn't involve people.
TheBum is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2013, 01:09 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you Mr Mel Great video as always
SUBA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in