Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking Gyro Question

What's the difference between HH and Rate mode ?
Advertisement

Old 01-27-2013, 11:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

HH mode will compensate for whatever is causing the tail to move from it's original position and return it to that original position. Rate mode stops the tail from continuing in whatever direction it's being pushed in but doesn't return it to it's original position.... If you watch a tail servo on the bench when heli is powered up and in rate mode, you'll see it correct, but then return to center. Assuming you have the tail blade pitch set up to compensate for torque of the main motor, then it won't carry on drifting. If wind hits from the side then likely the tail will slide over a bit but not as dramatically as if no gyro were present.

I think I have that right, I've never actually used rate mode for anything other than trying to get tail set to hold against main motor, always used HH so never witnessed how rate mode would truly work in real flight conditions where perhaps wind would be present. What I do know is tail will weathervane when in rate mode so if you were to start flying sideways, the tail would turn the nose into the wind or direction you were flying if you got going quick enough. I'm pretty sure rate mode really only used for scale flight but even then many would still use HH.

Hope that makes sense, I'm still not 100% sure I have rate mode described exactly right but it's pretty close to that.
Old 01-28-2013, 10:45 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for the reply Danno ... so is HH mode the number that's higher than 50 or lower ?
Old 01-29-2013, 12:04 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Heading hold is above 50, rate is below.
Old 02-08-2013, 08:50 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the gyro light change if you go below 50. Since this is a motor drive tail I can't tell if I'm in heading hold or not. The light on my gryo is red and stays red no matter what percentage I put on my gyro setting. And yes, the gain signal cable is plugged in properly to channel 5 and setup on my radio.

Trex 900 DFC Ultra Combo OS HZ 195 Hyper , Goblin 1200 84S Flybared
Scotty T is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotty T View Post
Does the gyro light change if you go below 50. Since this is a motor drive tail I can't tell if I'm in heading hold or not. The light on my gryo is red and stays red no matter what percentage I put on my gyro setting. And yes, the gain signal cable is plugged in properly to channel 5 and setup on my radio.
Nope, it's just an indicator that it's initialized and functioning.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in