Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 01:25 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default BLADE SR Help Thanks !

I am completly new to this forum and glad to be aboard.
I have a Blade SR and after setting up the settings with someone on the phone from Blade I went to go fly it a few times first time and all it wanted to do is naw its nose to the left. It flew alright for maybe four seconds then start spinning to the left alot. The tail fin broke. I went to fly it with a broken tail fin and still wanted to just naw its nose to the left after maybe flying alright in liftoff and for maybe 2 seconds. Just really confusing and fustrating to me. The rudder conrols are fine, and ruddering it to the right on the control helps soften up this malfunction but as soon as it lifts, it will go crazy nawing its nose to the left.
I hope someone has any suggestions for me. I'm thinking maybe I have to adjust the gain on the black box on the back of the helicopter where the red light comes on.
Also, is it easy to fix a slightly bent tail bloom?
Thanks soo much guys. All the tips and suggestions will really help me out. I am brand new and would absorb all the information i get. I would really like to start having fun with this bird as soon as possible ! Thank you very much !
Usman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-10-2013, 07:22 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman View Post
I am completly new to this forum and glad to be aboard.
I have a Blade SR and after setting up the settings with someone on the phone from Blade I went to go fly it a few times first time and all it wanted to do is naw its nose to the left. It flew alright for maybe four seconds then start spinning to the left alot. The tail fin broke. I went to fly it with a broken tail fin and still wanted to just naw its nose to the left after maybe flying alright in liftoff and for maybe 2 seconds. Just really confusing and fustrating to me. The rudder conrols are fine, and ruddering it to the right on the control helps soften up this malfunction but as soon as it lifts, it will go crazy nawing its nose to the left.
I hope someone has any suggestions for me. I'm thinking maybe I have to adjust the gain on the black box on the back of the helicopter where the red light comes on.
Also, is it easy to fix a slightly bent tail bloom?
Thanks soo much guys. All the tips and suggestions will really help me out. I am brand new and would absorb all the information i get. I would really like to start having fun with this bird as soon as possible ! Thank you very much !

If you give it a quick bump with throttle, does it want to spin. If so it could be a proportional gyro adjustment. You could also have your tail rotor on backwards or set too close to the tail motor mount screws, causing it to rub. Or, your tail motor is going bad.
Throttlebody is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2013, 11:22 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ouch, I have an SR. It's packed away in a box labeled as a big mistake I made when buying. I have 10 other birds, all of them fly far better...

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 05:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

where in albany ?
http://www.scienceandhobby.com
SCIENCE AND HOBBY Phone: 518-272-9040. Location: 1623 2nd Ave Watervliet
there rite off 787 xit 8 green island exit .. rite across from price chopper near the congress st bridge ..

few videos of the place there to ..

see orlando ..call 1st tho to make sure he is there .. he works all diff hours
or if u have a time frame .. i can stop there and help you ...
if you go there tell him phil sent you .. he will help you .. he been flyin for years. he is the only person i let fly my birds ..

yeah the SR isnt that great of a bird.. but god when i 1st hovered it . my knees was shakin . it is the bird i started on .. crashed and rebuilt 40 or 50 times lol bought a 2nd one . then one day wow hovered for a whole pack ..

i do have a softspot for this bird.

also sunday from around noon on .. at the dome in watervliet . across from the firehouse .. there is a flyin club few heli guys there ..
and in the summer we fly a lot at the flats in maneds .. behide dawsoms grage.
Old 02-11-2013, 05:33 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey Phil ! Yeah I know Orlando....and I know of Science and Hobby...been there plenty of times...I had Orlando service my helicopters two years ago there. Real nice guy. Cool Place. All my friends go there.
I'd love to meet up and get some pointers from you. Do you have the Blade SR down pat? Over the past two years I've mastered my skills and anatomy with the Blade SR120 and now its time to get my Blade SR and Blade 400 up in the air. Its only a matter of time and I will be all set. Its just getting started and getting the basics down that I need to conquer. When are you available to meet up at Science and Hobby.... ( thier indoor dirt track is pretty cool ) ---- I also have two Emaxxs that i'm mastering ! Over the summer I would love to fly with everyone......getting the basics down is all i need to do...and everyday i do more and more research !
Old 02-11-2013, 05:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yep.....my tail rotor was also on backwards...got that fixed....shiny side away from the helicopter..........that was the first issue !
Old 02-11-2013, 05:46 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail motor was replaced two days ago. I learned that it didn't need to be replaced.
I just spooled up the heli and now it wants to naw its nose to the right, clockwise. Also....i'm seeing that I have the left stick on my DX6i up about 75 percent before the heli wants to lift off the ground...i'm thinking my proportional is out of line ? We should meet up at Science and Hobby.....i'm always around...live nearby ! Thanks !
Old 02-11-2013, 06:37 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well after some help from BLADE SR BIBLE I turned the proportional down slightly......and realized that it is only normal for this bird to want to spin clockwise when spooling up on training gear.... ( i want to get nice big foam balls for the training gear, anyone have any suggestions about how and what to modify the training gear with aftermarket foam to make it more durable? ) and lifted it up.....got it up and flew a whole battery pack...only hovered it a little bit....man this thing is awesome...really helps haveing the skills i developed from the blade sr120..... ! I am soo thrilled i got this thing in the air for a whole battery pack !
Old 02-11-2013, 08:24 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usman View Post
Well after some help from BLADE SR BIBLE I turned the proportional down slightly......and realized that it is only normal for this bird to want to spin clockwise when spooling up on training gear.... ( i want to get nice big foam balls for the training gear, anyone have any suggestions about how and what to modify the training gear with aftermarket foam to make it more durable? ) and lifted it up.....got it up and flew a whole battery pack...only hovered it a little bit....man this thing is awesome...really helps haveing the skills i developed from the blade sr120..... ! I am soo thrilled i got this thing in the air for a whole battery pack !
You've got me beat! After 10 flights and ten expensive repairs I put it back in the box and stored it on my shelf of unwise decisions.
I can easily fly all of my other birds and fix them quick when I break them. No need to waste more time on the SR!
Hey, anyone want to buy it? 2 packs, barely used, a metal head that cost me over $100.... Any reasonable offer to the masochist out there
Heck, I might even accept unreasonable offers...

Oh yeah, a spare tail motor too!

Phantom 2 Vision and assorted other egg-beaters.
pixeltim is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 09:15 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixeltim View Post
Hey, anyone want to buy it? 2 packs, barely used, a metal head that cost me over $100.... Any reasonable offer to the masochist out there
Heck, I might even accept unreasonable offers...

Oh yeah, a spare tail motor too!
PM sent.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:37 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

sent pm usman .. let me know days times we go from there. thanks
Old 02-12-2013, 03:19 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks I'll check my messages right now. Hey yeah, i'm interested in your SR for sale...can i still buy it ?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in