Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Does v1.31 perform very good?

I know this is probably asked before, and I definetly don't want to start a discussion about which unit is better.

I am just curious what your experience is with v1.31 in therms of setup, performance, tweaking or no tweaking.

The reason why I ask is; I own two CGY750s and one Vbar. I feel very connected with the CGY750. But last year I had to pull it of my T-Rex 550E with the old firmware, it was getting nowhere. I gave up on it. I am now building a brand new T-Rex 700 DFC. Initially I have mounted a brand new Vbar on it. I have not flown it yet. Recently the CGY750 v1.31 started to teas me, so yesterday I pulled of the Vbar and mounted one of my CGY750 with v1.31 on the new built. I haven't started the setup yet, but I am already so curious if I am doing the right thing, since last year I lost a lot of flighttime by tweaking.
wbplomp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-19-2013, 07:08 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I started buying vbars myself over the past year. V1.31 is night and day!!! I like it as much or more as the vbars now!
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2013, 09:40 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Look on the front page of this forum or maybe one behind for several threads that will likely leave you comfortable with making a CGY750/1.31 purchase.

Ben Minor
Dr.Ben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 04:29 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
I started buying vbars myself over the past year. V1.31 is night and day!!! I like it as much or more as the vbars now!
Same here, well one vbar anyway. The first flight left me thinking the new firmware feels very much like a vbar...with better tail authority though.

The setup with 1.31 is much more simple. I recently reinstalled CGYs on my Kasama Srimok and Mini Protos. One is a 450 size heli and the other is a .90 Nitro. I'm getting excellent results with both helis.

I was in a similar situation to you wbplomp. With firmware 1.2 every flight felt like a "shake down" flight of adjustments I made. I never got to enjoy the flights because I was constantly tweaking the CGY unit. It's why I purchased a Vbar and SK540.

Now though, I just go fly...literally. It's nice. I haven't tried the electric gov so I can't comment on that. Nitro gov is excellent.
Old 02-20-2013, 06:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

For me, there where 10 minutes of tweaking the gains and Rudder F/F mix. Then I was done.

It doesn't fly like a VBar if you ask me. The CGY750 wipe the VBar of the track when you're hovering the heli. In flight the CGY750 is more on track and the flip and yaw rate is awesome. I have mine setup in FM3 and it is stunningly aggressive at full cyclic. IMHO, the tail authority is also greater than VBar.

It's like a wolf in sheep's clothing..

And... you don't need a computer or bluetooth device to tweak the settings at the field!
Matwes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2013, 04:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you guys. This sounds promising!

It will take some while before I am able to fly, but as soon as I can I will let you guys know. For those who haven't added their positive experience, feel free to add.
Old 02-21-2013, 06:03 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I love v1.31! I have a CGY750 on the E7 and another on my D3 EX. Nitro and electric it works great. So locked in and sharp now. Gov works great on nitro and electric.
scotty82 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 06:28 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Does v1.31 perform very good?

One other thing, if your heli has good geometry you really don't need any of the swash expert adjustments. I just built a Gaui NX4 and it didn't need anything extra. My Trex 700s all required some "extra work."

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
aviator493 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aviator493 View Post
One other thing, if your heli has good geometry you really don't need any of the swash expert adjustments. I just built a Gaui NX4 and it didn't need anything extra. My Trex 700s all required some "extra work."
That has always been a problem with my T-Rex models, kinda frustrating. I hope the 700E DFC needs less adjustment.
Old 02-23-2013, 02:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default To: Mr.Ben Minor

I noticed that there are absolutely zero videos of a proper setup of the CGY750 on the internet, I have searched high and low and not found anything comparable to some of the other FBL systems ie Vbar. The video I envision should show radio setup, swash level on the unit, basically all the initial setups and some advance for noobs alike.
trollycamber is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by trollycamber View Post
I noticed that there are absolutely zero videos of a proper setup of the CGY750 on the internet, I have searched high and low and not found anything comparable to some of the other FBL systems ie Vbar. The video I envision should show radio setup, swash level on the unit, basically all the initial setups and some advance for noobs alike.
Go to Youtube and search for CGY750 the ones by Ron Lund and Bobby Watts explain everything you are asking for including flight tuning (don't by the smack talk video it's pretty much the same as the free one). There is a slight difference in the V 1.3 firmware just read the pamphlet that came with the unit and all is explained. Ron's are very informative about some of the extra features.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2013, 10:47 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

CGY750 1.3 is a vast improvement over the 1.2 firmware, I also owned blueline Vbar's 5.3 pro and since I tried the 1.3 CGY750, I switched from Vbar for a more stable pure experience.
Its just 2-3 steps ahead of the Vbar in terms of feel. You dont need to tune it like the old firmware, the setup is super easy and so logical. Never did any trim flight and it was waaay more locked in than my VBar 5.3 Pro.
Piro were incredible, never experienced pirouetting across the field like with CGY750 1.3. Absolutely no aileron kicks like I had on my VBar when doing tic tocs.For the pilot who plays close to the ground this is the new bench mark, super confidence inspiring.
Hats off to Futaba for their long awaited release.
Old 02-25-2013, 01:44 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ok I see those

But those are not on 1.3 which has a new setup method. I just think that Futaba should release an official, manual or videos for the 1.3 seeing how its a different animal. Yes it more simpler to setup but If one has never touched a CGY before it could be a little frustrating.
Old 03-01-2013, 07:18 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The need for a comprehensive manual is well known by the factory. I am comfortable they will address that need in a timely fashion. Video support for the product will likely improve as well.

In the meantime, use me and the revised notes that released with 1.3 to clarify any confusion.

Ben Minor
Dr.Ben is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 02:59 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello Guy's

I have updated my CGY750 to to 1.31, do need to reset all my rudder,aileron,elevator and swash gyro basic and expert setting to default ?

Thanks
Forza 450: Xnova, CGY 750, 14SG, MKS
rtnaviman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 05:07 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would set it up from scratch personally.

1.31 requires a minimum of 9-10 degrees of cyclic pitch, as opposed to 1.2's recommended 8 degrees.

The default 1.31 expert menu settings are much different, and many of the settings from 1.2 would be very erroneous to use with 1.31.
dchekas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2013, 06:51 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

The CGY 750 performs GREAT! Easist setup for a FBL system.......
Flys totally locked in.....Minimal adjusments needed to fine tune, If they are needed.

Dave
f2000ez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in