Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-01-2013, 07:49 PM   #1 (permalink)

My HF Map location
Default Does this heli have any major issues?

I think I would like this but I don't know what issues it has. Are there any major problems?
BladeScraper is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

im about 20 flights in with mine, completely stock. flew perfect out of the box. the pitch is off, but havent bothered to change it yet. i suspect my swash isnt perfectly level at all ranges, but again havent bothered to change it, flys amazing. i was hovering almost hands free on my second battery - super stable.

only problems i know of (but havent experienced) is the motor can have a short life due to a bearing issue (search loctite mod on the motor, easy fix), alternatively theres plenty of other motors such as the 450 motor which has good reviews (again, search this)
also you may want to look at a step down diode for the tail servo, i havent done this either, but search this too, plenty of advice on it, even how to make your own

other then that my biggest problem is waiting on good weather to fly, or the time
Old 03-01-2013, 08:04 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Out of all the Blade helis this one is the best out of the box. There are very few, if any, chronic problems with it. The servos are a weak point, but are fine so long as the only thing the blades hit is air. The motors also tend to eat themselves after ~100 flights or so. I'm on my 3rd motor on this heli. Other than that, it's a great flying, very reliable helicopter.
Old 03-01-2013, 09:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Awesome guys, thanks. It's this or a T-Rex 600N...
Old 03-01-2013, 11:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

dang thats one heck of a option. I could see it if you said 550x or 600N I can say this if you go with the 450x you will have enough money by the end of the summer to buy a 700N with the money you will save in nitro fuel. If you have a good charger 160 bucks in 3s lipos will last you a very long time id say 3 seasons. And 160 bucks in nitro might MIGHT get you through 1 summer. And all the cleaning.

I could see if you said 550x or 600N but 450x or 600N is night and day

The 450X is a great heli though and im sure you will like it. Everything is easy to get to and setup/fix unlike the trex.
Allen_H is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 11:27 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Or even a 600 electric. The main reason I want a 600 because it is very stable and incredibly 3D capable, and he T-Rex 250 isn't going to cut it for smack 3D. I saw Bert Kammerer smack the crap out of the 450X so that may be a good idea because I want a cheap 3D monster. Then again, I DO want a giant heli
Old 03-01-2013, 11:56 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: Does this heli have any major issues?

The 450x in stock forum will do all the moves a 600-700 can. I say go for it.

This message was created using a mobile device all terms are subject to change.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:04 AM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I will think about it, it anything I get will be at least a year, I still need to convert my 250 to FBL.
Old 03-02-2013, 12:12 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only issue with this bird is that you don't have one!
WH1_T-type is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 12:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well...this is just my two bobs worth...

But have you considered a Gaui X5?

520mm blades and one of the toughest birds available. Lightweight, powerful, locked in and it only uses a 4000 6S lipo.

For $900 you you can get a FES Super Combo flying. It flys like a mini 700 and is much cheaper than any Align heli to maintain, crash and fly simply due to it's robust design...then there is the performance.

Compared to a stock 450X it's night and day different. I absolutely love my 450X but that is a thousand dollar 450.

If you want a hardcore 3D machine that has much better stability and is way more locked in, that is one heli I would seriously consider. I know as I own two of them!

Edit...oh yeah, the orig question!

The 450X doesn't have any major issues though for $10 you can make it much more reliable.

It has a crap set of servos that strip all the time and sometimes fail/burn out but they work. A set of MG servos fixes this.

A modded 450X is a great 450 class bird though for the money if you were doing it from the start, a stretch Mini Protos is a better heli to consider IMHO.

But, the 450X flys well albeit it is a tad sloppy (frame, head, tail have loads of slop/movement) and isn't super locked in. As a lightweight (the most lightweight) beater heli it's hard to beat though.

I do love mine and wouldn't trade it for a blinged out Warp 360 for example. I'm happy with how it flys and performs.
Old 03-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by FailureToFly View Post
Well...this is just my two bobs worth...

But have you considered a Gaui X5?

520mm blades and one of the toughest birds available. Lightweight, powerful, locked in and it only uses a 4000 6S lipo.

For $900 you you can get a FES Super Combo flying. It flys like a mini 700 and is much cheaper than any Align heli to maintain, crash and fly simply due to it's robust design...then there is the performance.

Compared to a stock 450X it's night and day different. I absolutely love my 450X but that is a thousand dollar 450.

If you want a hardcore 3D machine that has much better stability and is way more locked in, that is one heli I would seriously consider. I know as I own two of them!

Edit...oh yeah, the orig question!

The 450X doesn't have any major issues though for $10 you can make it much more reliable.

It has a crap set of servos that strip all the time and sometimes fail/burn out but they work. A set of MG servos fixes this.

A modded 450X is a great 450 class bird though for the money if you were doing it from the start, a stretch Mini Protos is a better heli to consider IMHO.

But, the 450X flys well albeit it is a tad sloppy (frame, head, tail have loads of slop/movement) and isn't super locked in. As a lightweight (the most lightweight) beater heli it's hard to beat though.

I do love mine and wouldn't trade it for a blinged out Warp 360 for example. I'm happy with how it flys and performs.
I keep reading good stuff on the Gaui X5. At some point I would like to start my first build from a kit, so would an X5 be a good first build?
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 08:23 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I seen one finally, Gaui5,. the 450x is great and I have not one bad thing to say.
However my next bird will be a build.
bradharvy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 09:29 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

just got done flying my 450x at 7:00am cali time...and its been in the air about 7 times now and i love the bird, i also have the 300x but i already feel like its a thing of the past with the 450 moveing in now but the 450 is so nice no issues with it just feels real nice great heli..Lozki
Old 03-02-2013, 09:56 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lozki View Post
just got done flying my 450x at 7:00am cali time...and its been in the air about 7 times now and i love the bird, i also have the 300x but i already feel like its a thing of the past with the 450 moveing in now but the 450 is so nice no issues with it just feels real nice great heli..Lozki
I just did a dumb thing and didn't connect the battery, esc cable properly. Lost power thankfully only a couple of feet up. The mains don't even show a scratch, but one tail rotor is chewed up. Spool it up a bit and all seems ok except for the tail. Ibetter get to ordering some rotors
renefigueroa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 10:24 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Intergalactic View Post
I think I would like this but I don't know what issues it has. Are there any major problems?
I've flown quite a bit (100+) flights and it is great. My motor did die, but that was it.

The only problems I've had were caused by crashes.. That said, it is easy to fix and reasonably affordable.

So far it is my biggest heli... 550x on order, so I can't compare to the larger birds.
dwelzel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 10:33 AM   #16 (permalink)

My HF Map location

If I can't afford the Gaui X5 (which will probably be the case) then what if I get a 450X and replace the stock motor with a Align motor when the stock one wears out? At what point would to be worth getting the Align motor? I really like the idea of the X5, but I am only 13 so I do not know if I will be able to afford it. If I can get an X5 then I definitely will... But then again, there is also Synergy... I have a few friends of RealFlight that have suggested a Synergy.

Last edited by BladeScraper; 03-02-2013 at 10:34 AM.. Reason: Typo correction
Old 03-02-2013, 01:18 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Intergalactic! Im with you! Only 15. Very hard being in this hobby with such limited funds, but i get by
Fuzzy Flier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 01:38 PM   #18 (permalink)

My HF Map location

Glad to know some other people are in my shoes. All I have is mowing lawns and shoveling snow... takes a long time to save up... even just to repair!
Old 03-02-2013, 02:42 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Especially with bigger heli's, everything is more expensive. More mowing for us
Fuzzy Flier is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2013, 03:23 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would just go with the new E-flight 450 motor.I got one on the way and every one says they are solid motors. It works with the stock ESC just pair it the 12T pinon and fly it has a little more power than the stock motor. I have a 100+ flight on my stock motor and just the ther say did the locktite mod on it.

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...0kv-EFLM60450A

http://www.horizonhobby.com/products...mm-l-EFLM60454

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in