Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 12:17 PM   #221 (permalink)
Registered Users

One more question Rich, I know you rebuilt several times and was wondering on your main shaft how many shims do you have on the shaft above the upper bearing?
Rotarywing is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 12:37 PM   #222 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotarywing View Post
Rich, are you running the A3020s all the way around?
Quote:
One more question Rich, I know you rebuilt several times and was wondering on your main shaft how many shims do you have on the shaft above the upper bearing?
Mine came with 2 shims (there so thin I have to rub them between fingers to make sure both are there) , so I have been sticking with that as long as there's no binding. So far there's been non.

I run the A3020 on cyclic only, tail is factory. Never had a issue or even had to replace gears. So until I have issues with it I'll keep the factory one there. The 2 horns have to be trimmed down to clear canopy mounts but still plenty of horn there for strength for the ball. I run mine on the elevator different than others so I get a straight push pull, not at a angle.

I reversed my 6V mod and step down and run stock now, but I don't do any hard 3D or stick banging. So far just flips, rolls, FFF pyro's and stationary pyro's.

I also dropped down to 10.5 +- on pitch for less strain on servo's. For my style flying that enough.
RichKnapp is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 12:43 PM   #223 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

On the A3020 horns, I had to by hand/fingers drill the horn holes out a little but only enough to thread the balls on/threw. The LocTited Jesus bolt nuts all the way around are just a safety measure.

Old 05-23-2013, 12:48 PM   #224 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I know you rebuilt several times
NOT proud of this. BUT the up side is I'm really learning my bird inside and out and tricks to speed up a rebuild with having no vibs.
Old 05-23-2013, 12:54 PM   #225 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
NOT proud of this. BUT the up side is I'm really learning my bird inside and out and tricks to speed up a rebuild with having no vibs.
Thats why your the man to ask at this point in time
Old 05-23-2013, 01:04 PM   #226 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I look at it this way also.

Once I get great at setting up, flying and such. I take a bad crash at field around 1pm? If I have all the parts with me, I will be were I could do a rebuild on site and fly again before loosing light.
Stock Car pit crew won't have crap on me.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:14 PM   #227 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I look at it this way also.

Once I get great at setting up, flying and such. I take a bad crash at field around 1pm? If I have all the parts with me, I will be were I could do a rebuild on site and fly again before loosing light.
Stock Car pit crew won't have crap on me.
Been there done that with my 130s.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:31 PM   #228 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I made a Magazine. I know its not 450X related but how cool.

Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #229 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sorry, Keeping my mind busy until my 8 gets here and they just sent this to me.
Old 05-23-2013, 01:33 PM   #230 (permalink)
Registered Users

BADASS
Old 05-23-2013, 01:36 PM   #231 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
BADASS
Old 05-23-2013, 06:22 PM   #232 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Merry Christmas to me.

Old 05-23-2013, 06:39 PM   #233 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: And it starts.

Sweet. You'll like it. I only have the dx7s but the stick motion is much smoother than the dx6i. Gotta love bearings
Primal is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #234 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that you have a nice TX for your 450X, take full advantage of it.

1. Use its throttle activated timer start/stop feature, it's very helpful.

2. Program and use three D/R and Expo switch positions.

3. Activate and use "Active Gyro Trim" feature to help optimize gyro gain for each headspeed without repeately landing to adjust gyro gain on the TX. The left trimmer button allow adjustment in mid-air, which saves a lot of time.

4. Configure three sets of throttle/pitch curves (Flight modes); Normal, FM1 and FM2.

5. Verify TH sends a throttle signal matching throttle stick down in normal mode to prevent confusing the ESC.

6. Disable the TX's trim buttons by setting "trim step size" to 0.

7. Adjusting the length of the DX8's sticks helps it fit your hands and stick grip style (pinch vs. thumb).
LizardMan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 08:25 PM   #235 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post
Most definitely

The plan

3. Activate and use "Active Gyro Trim" feature to help optimize gyro gain for each headspeed without repeately landing to adjust gyro gain on the TX. The left trimmer button allow adjustment in mid-air, which saves a lot of time.
Great tip thanks

4. Configure three sets of throttle/pitch curves (Flight modes); Normal, FM1 and FM2.
The plan

5. Verify TH sends a throttle signal matching throttle stick down in normal mode to prevent confusing the ESC.
Great tip vrs "assuming"

The plan

7. Adjusting the length of the DX8's sticks helps it fit your hands and stick grip style (pinch vs. thumb).
Done

Did what I could I don't have 10 hrs for the full charge tonight so I'll put it on first thing in the morning.

OH you forgot one. Adjust neck strap vrs holding and dropping it. Done.

Then bind it to the bird. I used the 6i tonight yet for finishing my rebuild. All done. Nailed all Blue light again, smooth as butter. Didn't even have to adjust the swash level. It was level already. 1 step done fast. lol
Mellow look this time.

Old 05-23-2013, 11:04 PM   #236 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMan View Post

Rich, I hope you dont mind if I threadjack you for a second.

Lizardman, Can you elaborate EXACTLY how to set up and accomplish #3? Hopefully from start to finish. This is something I have wanted to do, but have had a difficult time trying to find a really good explanation of it. Maybe If you would please start a new thread with your explanation, so that we can all discuss it without boogering up Rich's thread. I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.
Old 05-24-2013, 05:35 AM   #237 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post

Lizardman, Can you elaborate EXACTLY how to set up and accomplish #3? Hopefully from start to finish. This is something I have wanted to do, but have had a difficult time trying to find a really good explanation of it. Maybe If you would please start a new thread with your explanation, so that we can all discuss it without boogering up Rich's thread. I would GREATLY appreciate it. Thanks.
My plan was to do a lower, stock , higher setting rate on the "Gyro" switch.
My 6i, I did 2 settings on the "Gyro" switch.
Old 05-24-2013, 06:40 AM   #238 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post

Quote:
My plan was to do a lower, stock , higher setting rate on the "Gyro" switch.
My 6i, I did 2 settings on the "Gyro" switch.
Active gyro trim helps quickly fine-tune per flight mode gyro settings. Use either the gyro switch or F-mode switch to select a specific gyro gain setting. At first, I preferred the gyro switch, but later converted to using F-mode. Either way, you're selecting gyro gain values to match headspeed, or select rate-mode while flying circuits.

To enable Active Gyro trim, hold down the roller while powering up your DX8 to access the setup menu. Within the switch menu set LTrim to Gyro, then exit setup mode. Press the roller and select gyro menu. Make sure the lower right and lower left settings are correct. One setting selects channel gyro values are sent on, the other selects which switch controls gyro gain (gyro or F-mode).

Next to the selected gyro value another value will appear between "( and ")". This second value is a "trimmed" value. For example, you might use a gyro value of "54". If the value between "(" and ")" is also 54, no trimming is active. By default all values should match; eg. 54 (54).

Now try moving the left trimmer switch just left of the DX8 logo face plate. It's just to the right of the flap/gyro switch. It functions much like the normal trim buttons. It's a momentary contact switch, self-centering, capable of moving up and down. It clicks!

What happens to the gyro value between "(" and ")" each time you click the left trimmer switch? Notice how each gyro switch selection offers a separate trim setting.

Preset gyro gain values to match throttle/pitch or gov headspeed. While flying use left trimmer button to fine tune gyro gain. It's like using the normal trim buttons.

Once you've fine tuned gyro gain values, go back in to gyro menu to update preset values to the trimmed values displayed between "(" and ")". Reset trimmed values between "(" and ")" to center on your new preset values. You may make a click or two of adjustment later.

This feature saves time, because you don't have to land to safely adjust gyro gain. You can try several gyro gain values in less than a minute. It's easy.
LizardMan is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 10:15 AM   #239 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Merry Christmas to me.

Grats! One upgrade I found real nice was putting in a lipo instead of the NiMH.

However, you should be aware you need a compatible lipo with balancing circuit built in - probably safest to buy Spektrum here - and some do not recommend lipos in radios for the fire risk it poses.

spykez is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #240 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rich,
well done on the magazine. That takes some dedication.
+1 on getting a lipo. They last way longer than the spectrum batteries. Hobby king sells one cheap.

Now why did you reverse the 6v esc switch???
wab223 is offline        Quick reply to this message
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in