HK-5330 Ultra-Micro Digital Servo 1.9g / 0.04sec / 0.17kg - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2013, 08:31 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default HK-5330 Ultra-Micro Digital Servo 1.9g / 0.04sec / 0.17kg

Got some HK-5330 Ultra-Micro Digital Servos - 1.9g / 0.04sec / 0.17kg today and so far it's promising. Only the good lord knows how long it will last. Too windy to tell much but it's holding my spin on pitch pumps in idle up better than my DS35 ever did. Will have to get out the night blades if the wind dies down.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ec_0_17kg.html

It's not as fast as I had anticipated based on the chineese specs, but it does seem to have plenty of power.

edit - offer retracted, I'll keep the spares: I have a couple extras I'd pass along for testing to people with ds35 experience and fly lots to see how they hold up. Need $8ea shipped for them, pm if you think you can and will test them out. I am curious how they work out and I'm currently waiting on warranty parts from HH so I'm not gonna be flying my 130 too much for a while.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130327_192953.jpg
Views:	797
Size:	90.1 KB
ID:	407193   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130327_193021.jpg
Views:	1027
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	407194   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130327_193046.jpg
Views:	890
Size:	87.7 KB
ID:	407195  

Last edited by Centurian; 03-28-2013 at 05:06 PM..
Centurian is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 02:31 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

How many flights have you flown with this? I was just reading the comments in the HK site and some are saying that it will burn out on 2s batteries
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

well boys... this baby's looking like the real deal.. still windy but this thing is kick'n but!!! Running max gain(never been above +3 w/o wag b4) and have lots of tail authority. I'm running max collective pitch, atv 115 on dx7s on a spin 8k and the only thing I can do to knock the tail loose is max pitch at lower head speed and I'm 99% sure it's the tail stalling at that point as I can hear it. This thing is what I thought/hoped the ds35 would be.

I must qualify that I have owned 1 ds 35 and 2 stock servos and have only tried one of these HK specials so far but I am impressed. The other question is longivity, it does come down noticably warm but no where near hot.

Just checked, 2 in stock.. looks like it's now or never!!!

to mixfisto, the 130x servos run on an internal BEC, I don't know what the voltage is but it's nowhere near 2s.
Old 03-28-2013, 10:00 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Re: HK-5330 Ultra-Micro Digital Servo 1.9g / 0.04sec / 0.17kg

Is that connector the same as the stock servo?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
Old 03-28-2013, 10:17 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
well boys... this baby's looking like the real deal.. still windy but this thing is kick'n but!!! Running max gain(never been above +3 w/o wag b4) and have lots of tail authority. I'm running max collective pitch, atv 115 on dx7s on a spin 8k and the only thing I can do to knock the tail loose is max pitch at lower head speed and I'm 99% sure it's the tail stalling at that point as I can hear it. This thing is what I thought/hoped the ds35 would be.

I must qualify that I have owned 1 ds 35 and 2 stock servos and have only tried one of these HK specials so far but I am impressed. The other question is longivity, it does come down noticably warm but no where near hot.

Just checked, 2 in stock.. looks like it's now or never!!!

to mixfisto, the 130x servos run on an internal BEC, I don't know what the voltage is but it's nowhere near 2s.
i got the second last one ty
Old 03-28-2013, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Centurian
when you get a chance can you take a pic of your mount so i can get a idea how to mount it, im still running stock.
thanks dude
Old 03-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanasi View Post
Centurian
when you get a chance can you take a pic of your mount so i can get a idea how to mount it, im still running stock.
thanks dude
Cut the 4 ears off a stock mount and hot glue a couple plastic tabs on so the screws for the stock mount screw in from the top and the tabs are on the bottom. I made the tabs even with the screw bosses and just dremeled out for the servo to fit. Screw the servo in from the top keeping the servo as high to the boom as possible. I cut a couple of chunks off my harbor freight digital caliper box for donar plastic.

Flew it some more tonight, still super windy but was having a great time when the cyclic servo gremlins struck again. Broke my first canopy. but I'm still loving the tail. I was running max gain on the inner hole.. just moved it back out one hole and had to drop gain, at +5 in the house at 5k headspeed in idle up... pitch pumps don't work so good. Anyway, if these baby's live for a while, they are going to work great. I had started in the outter hole moved in a hole at a time and went back to middle.

I have lost count of the cyclic servo crashes of late and the stack of broken parts... every session. elev motor failed crash, replaced it. Left motor failed and right motor came out in crash. bought 2 more, one wouldn't center properly so I fixed the one the motor came out of. Other new aileron was intermittant, several crashes later I discovered whoever built the plug screwed it all up and the signal wire was backing out. Figured that out and the repaired old servo motor gave up the ghost. Parked it till getting HK servo yesterday so I robbed a servo off my new/back up machine. Today the intermittant connection issue was back for a couple crashes. feel like charlie brown trying to fly a 130X kite. I do crash frequently maybe once in 20 packs but the way I fly they are pretty easy arrivials, these servo failure crashes tend to be brutal and have been rediculesly frequent. For whatever reason the rear servos always seemed to stuff it tail first, not fun!!
Old 03-28-2013, 11:18 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Funny I bought one of these last year along with some other stuff from HK and I was planning to try it once my DS35 tail servo dies but so far this little white servo is still sitting in the box along with other HK stuff I bought at the same time that I haven't put to good use yet. Since DS35s are still out of stock everywhere, maybe I should save up my tail DS35 in case I need another spare for cyclic (I already have spare DS35 for cyclic) and try this little white servo for tail. It's just that my tail has been working so good I don't want to touch it.
DoubleCH is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 11:30 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleCH View Post
Funny I bought one of these last year along with some other stuff from HK and I was planning to try it once my DS35 tail servo dies but so far this little white servo is still sitting in the box along with other HK stuff I bought at the same time that I haven't put to good use yet. Since DS35s are still out of stock everywhere, maybe I should save up my tail DS35 in case I need another spare for cyclic (I already have spare DS35 for cyclic) and try this little white servo for tail. It's just that my tail has been working so good I don't want to touch it.
GIve it a go, think you'll like it... my one and only ds35 was a chattering dissapointment... would be interesting to see what you think of the "little white servo".
Old 03-28-2013, 11:38 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Is that connector the same as the stock servo?

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
Nope.. and the amazing thing is it's between the ds35 and the stock servo in size. I just pulled the pins out of the plastic housing on the ds35 end of my converter cable and stuffed them in the servo plug... snug fit, think they'll be ok.

Couple more mount pics..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130328_230638.jpg
Views:	723
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	407473   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130328_230715.jpg
Views:	745
Size:	80.2 KB
ID:	407474  
Old 03-29-2013, 10:59 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still happy with the servo. Stopped by Ron's heliproz south today... love that guy, he's a hoot. Usally bust a few parts crashing in the warehouse. Today was no exception, windy bitch outside flying between buildings lost site and crashed on his roof. Busted both kbbds in half, new perzonal best, first 130 blade ive busted. Antway stuck some trex250 tail blades on, had to time them with the mains as they are about 10mm longer than stock. They are definatly too much, need to be cut down, but they did confirm my thinking we need more tr blade for the spin type power. I alsi forgot my tx at home so had to borroe one so set up wasn't perfert but tail handles the spin pwr better. Stupid dx6 thro hold switch is not where im used to which didn't help matters either. Told ron he needs to support us with aftermarket parts lynx, extreme, etc. Drop him a line if you agree. There is no better service in this hobby than ron provides and hes not shy to stock lots of inventory on items that move which is good for all of us!

Got my warranty replacement ds35 today... brand new $15 to your cont us mail box if anyone's interested cause Im not =)
Old 03-31-2013, 12:18 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
GIve it a go, think you'll like it... my one and only ds35 was a chattering dissapointment... would be interesting to see what you think of the "little white servo".
Tried my 5330. Didn't work. It has too much slop probably in the gear-set/housing/shafts so I got the tail wag even at middle-hole (which is a bit short on max pitch range for my taste). And seems like this servo is slower than the DS35. No go!
Old 04-22-2013, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Waiting for my stock tail to fail b4 i try it or should i just do it
i have to clean often for it to stop shuddering im getting tired of that.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:15 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This servo worked almost as bad as the new-style DS35 for me. Too much and too sloppy dead-zone.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just orderd from usa warehouse

I got one on the way. HH cant seem to get me a good ds35 so woho for a replacement, ill keep you posted how it works. i have the microheli ds35 mount so maybe it will work. i actually got 2 since they are only 3 bucks and some change.
Blade 700X w/ Silverline vbar and outrage torq servos with a Scorpion 4235- 520kv, T-Rex 550 stretch on 8s with scorpion and align 600mm, SAB Goblin 570 on 12S with a scorpion and a silverline, .Trex 450L Dominator on 6S and a blueline.
steve54 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 03:18 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Did you read my post 1 up from yours?
Old 04-23-2013, 05:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

i read it lol but you know how stubbern we can be lol
Iv had it cause after a few flights the wag comes back from the tail servo and i have to keep cleaning it
Im trying it myself in the next day or two and will report my 2 cents !
Old 04-23-2013, 05:50 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Arrow HK-5330 And Other Alternative 130X Tail Servos

Neunerball kindly included this important thread of Centurians beautiful HK-5330 equipped 130X with another, What Servos For 130X Tail: Comparisons After DS35 Debacle. This was done, in order to provide a comprehensive, easy to find collection of information in one thread regarding alternative tail servos for the 130X. Thank you and Best Regards!
Raggedyman is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 08:06 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default ohhhhhhh

I knew it went deeper than i had found before, what about using a different bec for the tail, set at 5V and the new ds35, ive heard of separate esc setups?
Blade 700X w/ Silverline vbar and outrage torq servos with a Scorpion 4235- 520kv, T-Rex 550 stretch on 8s with scorpion and align 600mm, SAB Goblin 570 on 12S with a scorpion and a silverline, .Trex 450L Dominator on 6S and a blueline.
steve54 is offline        Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 10:47 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

UPDATE: see this post is linked from the ds35 debackle thread. Anyway, I have binned the little white servo, seemed to lose torque over time. back to stock which I honestly havn't had any trouble with in 100's of flights, it ain't perfect but it's the best choice I've seen so far.