It happened!!!! - Page 2 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-05-2013, 08:20 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sentinel1537 View Post
I was taking off only got 2 inches off ground I had the 10 tooth on it as well. I noticed more vibes as it was coming up to speed and when it came to power and lifted up it blew up no th because I was on ground when it happened or very close so it was broke in half before I got to th

Sent from my Desire HD
If you ever notice vibs again, land immediately. One of the pro's here said any kinda of vib is a no-no. Also, when you get your replacement, just leave it stock for awhile and make sure it's vib free. I have had 1 power failure with the 300x but other than that no issues. The replacement 300 hh sent has been fine, along with the second one I bought. But they are both stock.

Retired: Hirobo Shuttle .28, Kalt Barron .61, LM 110, Corona 120
Fletchb1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-05-2013, 08:30 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: It happened!!!!

The vibes wasnt there til I spooled it up I think it was because the shaft was already cracked from the flight before and broke on take off.

Sent from my GT-P5113 using Tapatalk 2
Sentinel1537 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2013, 09:53 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

This is my concern with HH/Blade on HeliFreak. I know they watch the threads. I question why, they will not comment on some of the problems that are associated with their Heli's? Tonight, I experienced my third shaft break. The same spot, right above the main gear. I had flown 3 batteries, was flying my last. Lucky for me, I was just lifting off...result---broken shaft, bent spindle. I would have been screaming if it broke the CF Blades. Just put them on last night. Thing is, it's another 10 dollar bill and more of my time....Just once, I would like to fly for more than 3 batteries without having to fix something. I made the comment tonight, I think I'm ready to put my money into something other than Blade. The response I got was....Probably not a bad idea!!! Don't get me wrong, I like Blade Heli's. I have learned a lot with them. I'm just tired of putting so much money into keeping them flying. I know people with other Heli's, they have way fewer problems...just sayin!!!
Old 04-06-2013, 10:07 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have like 120 flights on my pro 450 with no problem no tweaks to nothing. Flying since Sep. Last year no crashes no failures just a nice heli and its a clone tarot

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 04-10-2013, 04:19 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default It happened!!!!

Great. I've had one glitch in 70ish flights, a spin out with no crash. These frame / shaft issues haunt me though. You never know when the bird might decide to chew itself up.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
syzygyQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 01:50 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

HH came though again mostly. They sent out a brand new 300 today but I'm out on the carbon blades they wasn't in bad shape but I didn't feel like chancing them and sent them with heli hoping to get replacement ones. Oh well I order Dylans frame stifferners and will give a chance with those...we will see if it will last like that.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 04-10-2013, 03:31 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Me Too

The same exact thing happend to me this morning, I was hovering right infront of me at eye level, I put it into 100% throttle and the whole head ripped off and shot twords me, the heli fell and the blade, head, and cyclic servos landed at the heals of my feet, Super lucky that 3500 rpms of blades and head didnt hit me in the face or neck. This was a broken main shaft that ripped the frame apart. I cant Believe the ASA is allowing HH to sell this bird in this condition. It could do a lot of human damage if it breaks at the right place with the right angle, i could have had a carbon fiber blade sticking out of my face. So this is the second time this has happend to me with the main shaft snapping, the first time i chalked it up to flying too hard and i fixed it out of pocket. But this time i was just hovering level with vary calm conditions, it didnt even break my blades, just stripped all 3 of my jr285( $34 each, but gear sets are only $5) but wires look ok, even though they were ripped out of the BX, and broke my carbon fiber tail fin, didnt even bend the tail tube. AMA should do something about a model that comes with an airframe that cant take the normal stresses of the model to such an extent that it could seriously injure someone. I have a call into HH. Booooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2nd broken shaft.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	104.6 KB
ID:	411253   Click image for larger version

Name:	broken frame.jpg
Views:	178
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	411254   Click image for larger version

Name:	severd head.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	102.0 KB
ID:	411255   Click image for larger version

Name:	both main shaft breaks.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	114.3 KB
ID:	411256   Click image for larger version

Name:	1st break.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	85.8 KB
ID:	411257  

Click image for larger version

Name:	blades r not broken.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	92.5 KB
ID:	411258  
steve54 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 03:35 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yikes!

So is it the frame snapping the brakes everything else?

Thats crazy!
Old 04-10-2013, 03:45 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

that's insane! So yours too also happened w/o a frame stiffener as well? I saw my share of these, and it immediately made me pony up the money for something to support that frame. I really don't want to be a statistic, but if I ever do and with the Lynx Frame Stiffeners I have on now, I'll not likely want to repair it.

Big reason is as Steve stated, it could have flung off and hit me to injure/blind or worse. It's very scary to see that kind of thing happen. I'm glad you are okay though, and I wonder what HH is thinking when they see these pictures.

mCPX BL, BL nano, 300x, TREX 450 Pro DFC, Spektrum Dx8, iCharger 206B
dragon79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 04:22 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve54 View Post
The same exact thing happend to me this morning, I was hovering right infront of me at eye level, I put it into 100% throttle and the whole head ripped off and shot twords me, the heli fell and the blade, head, and cyclic servos landed at the heals of my feet, Super lucky that 3500 rpms of blades and head didnt hit me in the face or neck. This was a broken main shaft that ripped the frame apart. I cant Believe the ASA is allowing HH to sell this bird in this condition. It could do a lot of human damage if it breaks at the right place with the right angle, i could have had a carbon fiber blade sticking out of my face. So this is the second time this has happend to me with the main shaft snapping, the first time i chalked it up to flying too hard and i fixed it out of pocket. But this time i was just hovering level with vary calm conditions, it didnt even break my blades, just stripped all 3 of my jr285( $34 each, but gear sets are only $5) but wires look ok, even though they were ripped out of the BX, and broke my carbon fiber tail fin, didnt even bend the tail tube. AMA should do something about a model that comes with an airframe that cant take the normal stresses of the model to such an extent that it could seriously injure someone. I have a call into HH. Booooooooooo, Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
I'm just glad there are no serious reports of injuries as yet but HH is just playing with a time bomb for a huge lawsuit. They need to do at least a recall of some sort to correct this problem.

does this appear to be failure of the main shaft which in turn ripped off the frame in half?
nartac is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2013, 06:24 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default The shaft

Its the shaft that breaks that rips the frame apart, i wasnt even making a turn or a pitch pop, just ramping up throttle, I just talked to HH, they acted like nothing and i was only one of a few with main shaft probs. I told them i was using edge blades and lynx tail blades and a lighter than stock align 35A esc and they said the parts were not really under warranty since i had aftermarket parts on it. HH is sending me a new frame and main shaft for free, ok cool, what about the first set of blades, the main hub, the servo gears? I guess thats what I get for flying the 300X like the video that HH put out for it, Actually not even close to as hard as the preview video. Someone is going to get hurt by the 300X absolutely, Probably already has and been covered up,or the poor person is not on helifreak, haha, sorry im a bit angry at the moment. Darn
Old 04-10-2013, 06:28 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default exactly

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon79 View Post
Big reason is as Steve stated, it could have flung off and hit me to injure/blind or worse. It's very scary to see that kind of thing happen. I'm glad you are okay though, and I wonder what HH is thinking when they see these pictures.
HH didnt even want to see the pics, no big deal to them.
Old 04-10-2013, 06:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your pics look just like mine! LoL no they don't want to look at pics but they did atleast send me a new one which I just posted for sale I haven't made up my mind yet to keep or sell guess it is up to what its worth.

Sent from my Desire HD
Old 04-10-2013, 07:13 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

When they see your issues even a new one from Blade might be scary/iffy, Its worth at least a Beast X!

They are wrong, they just received mine for a broken shaft as well, so thats at least 2 they have in a week with broken shafts.

I think they are counting on the poor suckers that don't call them out on their bad parts, so they don't know the half of it, and interoffice communication must be non existent also.

I think they spread the issue around to different departments so there is no apparent build up of failed main shafts, just a couple random issues here and there (per department).

My issue is double, this is the second $240+ Blade heli I have bought with first 5 flight parts failures and crashes, its an ongoing trend for them, with 2 of my 3 last Blade purchases.

If they don't make it better than it was I am going to have an major issue with them. I don't think a new one is not even going to cut it.

Is it too early to start a petition or class action lawsuit?

I think the manual says they are not responsible for anything that happens with the heli, but who reads those.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 09:40 AM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I think the flex breaks the shaft

After a night of contemplation, I think the flex of the frame results in main shaft break, since the 3 bearings that support the frame are just set into the soft plastic frame, they are able to flex and result in a sort of (Mass bumping) as its called on the real thing, The break is at the Jesus bolt because that is the weakest point of the shaft and it is directly below the lip of the hub, were flex is making the shaft hit the lip of the hub perpendicular to the bolts axes over and over again at a vary high speed, twice every revolution, eventually the stress causes the shaft to snap.
One of the reasons i fly so hard is because i have the parts to replace a crashed bird, I was able to get my 300X ready to go with a new frame, shaft, main gear, main hub, main blade grip, and all new servo gear for all 3 cyclic servos. It took me about 1 1/2 hrs including servo and swash centering. Im going to fly her lightly until I get the lynx frame stiffener (ordered from heli direct) and replenish my crash backup parts.
I still think that main hub is problematic, its too soft and allows the shaft to vibe, makes the heli vibe, results in alot of the right roll issues, lynx make me a new good one please, please
Old 04-11-2013, 10:24 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah I think mast bumping is a completely different issue, zero g load on the blades causing too much up n down flapping that literally chews the main shaft apart.

So on a lynx thread Luca suggests using the Blade optional aluminum main gear hub. It had a collar that goes up and covers the lower Jesus bolt, like the one way bearing version in the 500X.

You might be on to something about the frame wear n pressure in the lower Jesus bolt but its early n I can't get my head around what you are explaining.

Note: one guy has his shaft split even with the asteriod design frame stiffeners. They are on both sides but only support the upper tower not connected to the lower third bearing like the lynx one. But lynx is only in one side.

I was giving mine a shakedown like my last new 130x, get the first dozen flights under your belt quick so you can send it back to HH when it falls out if the sky. Wow n I was right.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 12:53 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve54 View Post
The same exact thing happend to me this morning, I was hovering right infront of me at eye level, I put it into 100% throttle and the whole head ripped off and shot twords me, the heli fell and the blade, head, and cyclic servos landed at the heals of my feet
Great.

I've just rebuilt my 300X /w an upgraded ESC and every single part on the heli examined under a 60X scope and serviced as indicated. This bird is as close to NASA Apollo 11 mission grade as I am capable of making it. And now we're getting reports of the main frame just shredding in hover. Nice.

I've noticed that frame binding screws tend to strip the frame. I wonder if the frame shredding might be connected to stripped frame retaining screws. I wonder if the frames should be rated for routine replacement at some tight interval, like 50 or 100 flights?

So much for the Buick family sedan of helis. I've just substantially increased my minimum horizontal distance of persons, pets, or property from the heli in flight.
syzygyQ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 01:40 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
Ah I think mast bumping is a completely different issue, zero g load on the blades causing too much up n down flapping that literally chews the main shaft apart.
Exactly, the up d down flapping causes the main shaft to get stressed at the point were the blades attach, or can hit the main shaft, this can translate on the 300x to the top lip of the main hub, or inside the top lip, since the shaft dosnt fit perfectly and the hub is made of a soft alluminum it opens up a tiny bit, or turns into an oval instead of a circle, from normal 3D flight stress on the flexable frame, then creates a harmonic like vibration and on a microscopic level chews up the main shaft, weakening it untill it eventually snaps under a stress,at the weekest point and the point that it is bumping agains the inside lip of the main gear hub at the bolt. Maybe. i have only watched videos on mast bumping but when i heard it separates the roters from the ship it made me think of my separation yesterday
Old 04-11-2013, 04:10 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Did you adjust your curves?

Blade sent a correction to the pitch and throttle curves than what is in the box. Did you guys change the head spead down to 75% and adjust the pitch curves as Blade Suggested? I have been flying my with corrected pitch and rotation speed curves and I haven't had any problems.

Plus looking at your damage, its possible that a little 3M Ultra High bond tape would keep that kind of frame damage from happening. Maybe I'll just tape mine up, just incase
mjsmikey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2013, 04:49 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

on the off topic topic....

https://sites.google.com/site/mthomp...telegramseries

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.