Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 03:22 AM   #341 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
Mine needs to go on a diet hope I can get the talon 15 soon! How much can you loose by trimming wires? Is that much really? Is it worth it? I'm at 148 g with battery but without canopy fat boy or what!
What ESC are you running that is so heavy, that the Talon would be a significant difference?

The XP-12a is 8g, 3.2g no wires.
The Plushy is right around the same mark 6 or 7g trimmed.
Talon is 6.3g in the bmc76 config.

What is your ESC, I'm very curious now?
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-20-2013, 05:20 AM   #342 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's a scorpion commander 12V with a HK 3A BEC weighs in at 20g
Old 12-20-2013, 05:21 AM   #343 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to work on the tail as well it's not set right yet. Also the CoG is out. But it felt so heavy spinning up! That's with the spin8000 I'm not sure if this project is going to work for me as I like them light!
Old 02-13-2014, 12:11 AM   #344 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Wow, it's been like 2 months since I flew this bird. In December I had it running with the new rkh hitec frame for just a couple of pacs before I crashed and broke the front landing gear braces.

It took me 3 weeks to even place an order from rkh, then it took another 22 days for the parts to get here.

Got the frame all repaired last night, then had to rig up the xp-12a and 2s lynx motor because I robbed the 3s 1102 for the stock (ish) 130x while waiting on the frame parts.

So now I'm running 2s 1101 with 11t pinion on stock main gear, xp-12a, hitecs, and a pre pre production lynx servo.

Just a couple of hover tests in the living room but I can already see the difference in the rotory servos. Using the closest hole on the horns gives me good zyx numbers and it gave me the most well behaved hovering and precise movement I've seen since converting to zyx-s early last year.
I have a few mechanical issues to address (bad flange bearings and bent tt) but It's looking good so far. Nice to have it back in the air.

Busy week, fixed the 250, fixed the 130, now to get the X3 put together.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:09 AM   #345 (permalink)
Registered Users

All good winter projects

I still have to get on with the zyx, went to a BX clone in the end and now with 3S, which is awesome! Not sure how I'm going to fly the 2S again after experiencing 3S. The talon 15 really helped me get my weight down too so now I'm under 150g still need to stretch the tail out and put the larger blades on so will be just over the 150g then but that should be no issue with 3S and the bigger blades. really loving it. Glad you got yours back up and running.

Would love to see how you got the 3S on the stock frame and how you wired it to the 3 in 1 with the esc.
Old 02-13-2014, 01:26 AM   #346 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhujang View Post
All good winter projects

I still have to get on with the zyx, went to a BX clone in the end and now with 3S, which is awesome! Not sure how I'm going to fly the 2S again after experiencing 3S. The talon 15 really helped me get my weight down too so now I'm under 150g still need to stretch the tail out and put the larger blades on so will be just over the 150g then but that should be no issue with 3S and the bigger blades. really loving it. Glad you got yours back up and running.

Would love to see how you got the 3S on the stock frame and how you wired it to the 3 in 1 with the esc.
Actually using the Xtreme frame on the 3s/ 3in1 bird. With stock or xtreme you have to raise the battery tray to clear the motor. I have some 2mm/10mm carbon strip, I cut a 2cm piece of it, used dbl sided tape and stuck it on the battery tray then cover it with Velcro. The battery sits at slight angle and clears the motor. Fiberglass canopies have to have new holes drilled to fit over the batteries, stock canopies will squeezer over it.
Using a talon 15, tapping the signal wire to the board.

I'm tapping the balance plug of the lipo to power the board right now, easier than a bec but not good for the batteries. I don't care, they were $10 each, if they die I'll get more.

Winter? we don't do that here....
Old 02-13-2014, 08:06 AM   #347 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmc76 View Post

Winter? we don't do that here....
Yeah, here either! I've heard of this "winter" though lol. Friggin' supposed to be 86 today here

BMC, can you post up some recent pics? I'd like to see it That sucks about your RKH frame, mine suffered a similar fate. Couple test flights and then crunch .
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-13-2014, 10:58 AM   #348 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the pics. Still a few tweaks to make. I only had enough connectors to shorten one servo wire, picking up some more today on my way to work. I cut a carbon plate to mount the zyx from an old gyro tray from a 250 and glued it on the bottom plate of the rkh frame, zyx is stuck with one layer of 4011 and I covered the whole thing with 3/4 heat shrink. I'm too close to the motor shaft, need to add washers to the landing hear posts to lower it down about .5mm.
I need to order another Talon 15, this bulky ass xp-12 ain't cuttn' it for me anymore.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:50 PM   #349 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just put the 3s motor back in the zyx bird with the talon 15. I've got it dialed in about perfect. In this flight I raised the tx tail gain from 38 to 40 and get a little wag with hard rainbows. Dropped it back down to 38 for the next flight and all is good. Flies AWESOME with the hitec servos. I can't bear to fly the stock one any more. I'll have an xtreme frame on the classifieds very soon and another set of hitec's on the way. Maybe I'll try that gx280 gyro or whatever it's called.

This bird is perfect now, tons of power and flies like my bigger helis, but crashes a lot cheaper. I'll post my Zyx settings a little later. Finally almost a year later I'm 100% happy with the zyx conversion.

This is with fixed endpoints, low 75% Iu1 85% Iu2 v curve 100-96-100. CG is good with stock canopy, it's ugly but flies good.

*edit* forgot to mention, stock main gear and 10t pinion.

Blade 130x with Tarot ZYX-S, Lynx 3s Motor and Talon 15 ESC (3 min 56 sec)
Old 02-23-2014, 08:10 PM   #350 (permalink)
Registered Users

Man that really fly's nice. Looks like all your home work and tinkering paid off. Kudos to you BMC
Old 02-24-2014, 12:09 AM   #351 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 binding remote receiver and ZYX-s

I'm clueless. I've tried binding my DX9 to the Spektrum DSMX remote receiver w/ the ZYX-s (FM V. 4.01). I took the steps as described in the following video...

Tarot ZYX Process to Bind a Satellite RX using DX8 or DX6i (8 min 30 sec)

However, it's not binding with my brand new DX9. I've switched frame rates to 11ms on the TX and selected the according receiver in the PC's Software, and tried binding again, without success. I am able to bind to other Helis without issues. In order to make sure, that it's not the ZYX-s, nor the satellite receiver, I used my DX6i. Surprisingly, I was able to bind.

What else can I do, in order to bind with my DX9?

TIA!
DX9, DX6i, Blade Nano CP X, ZYX "Blade" 130X, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 230S, Blade 300X, Blade 450 3D (about 2 b FBL; have the parts, not the time), Blade 180QX, Blade 230S V2, Convergence, Mini Convergence.
Neunerball is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-24-2014, 12:14 AM   #352 (permalink)
Registered Users

You could always bind through a regular receiver.
Binding through the zyx has always been a hassle.

edit: just noticed the firmware version, if a full RX isn't an option, flash back to 3.5 and try.
Not sure about the DSMX, DSM2 is easy enough with 3.5.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 AM   #353 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyKraken View Post
You could always bind through a regular receiver.
Binding through the zyx has always been a hassle.

edit: just noticed the firmware version, if a full RX isn't an option, flash back to 3.5 and try.
Not sure about the DSMX, DSM2 is easy enough with 3.5.
Can I use the receiver of my 450 3D or the 300X for it?
DX9, DX6i, Blade Nano CP X, ZYX "Blade" 130X, Blade 180 CFX, Blade 230S, Blade 300X, Blade 450 3D (about 2 b FBL; have the parts, not the time), Blade 180QX, Blade 230S V2, Convergence, Mini Convergence.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:41 AM   #354 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just thought if I were to utilize the AR7200BX (got another waiting for my 450 FBL conversion), I'd have to skip the ZYX-s and just use the receiver and the satellite to bind. Would the satellite keep the bind, even though I'd hook it up to the ZYX-s afterwards?
Old 02-24-2014, 01:03 AM   #355 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not sure if I follow correctly, but yes.

If you bind to a SAT through a regular RX, it (the sat) keeps the bind.
You can then take the SAT only and hook it up (with the special cable) to the zyx-s and wallah, you are bound.

There is a gotcha, the RX selected in the zyx-s setup software needs to match before it (the zyx-s) will initialize correctly.
You will see the Bind on the RX occur, but the zyx-s will still not correctly init.

Dang, you are testing my weak memory.. And I had blocked out all that pain.

And, I don't have any DSMX experience with the zyx-s.. So, your mileage may very.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:34 AM   #356 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your thoughts are much appreciated!

Out of my experience, when you hit a wall, it's always good to talk about the issue(s), and just by doing so, you get some new ideas yourself.

To my knowledge, the receiver/satellite is storing the information of the TX's ID and model, not the other way. Therefore, the satellite should keep the bind (at least in theory).

I'll take that spare AR7200BX hook it up to the satellite and power it up for binding. Then I'll do the "Spiel" with the ZYX-s and the PC to set the receiver back to the DSMX-2. Just hook up the satellite to the ZYX-s, and see if I can see stick movement in the PC Software's setup part.

I'll post my results ASAP.

Thanks again, for the help!
Old 02-24-2014, 08:39 AM   #357 (permalink)
Registered Users

Using the dx8 my option for both dsm2 ans dsmx sats in the software is dsmx-2. I too see the screen flash 11ms even though I had it on 22. On 11ms the option is dsmx-1 but it never worked right for me.

So I am on 22ms, dsmx-2 with dx8 using a dsmx sat.

On my replacement zyx I had it bound in a couple of minutes, plugged in the pc dongle, swithced to dsmx-2, changed the servo option to the 3rd, digital/digital, and it was ready to go.
Old 02-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #358 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by faceman425 View Post
Man that really fly's nice. Looks like all your home work and tinkering paid off. Kudos to you BMC
Thanks, I'm happy as can be, put 22 flights on it this weekend and zero on the stock one.
Old 02-24-2014, 10:26 PM   #359 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yahoo!

I successfully bound the satellite to the transmitter with previous described procedure.

In case you missed it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neunerball View Post
I'll take that spare AR7200BX hook it up to the satellite and power it up for binding. Then I'll do the "Spiel" with the ZYX-s and the PC to set the receiver back to the DSMX-2. Just hook up the satellite to the ZYX-s, and see if I can see stick movement in the PC Software's setup part.
However, I had to set the frame rate in the transmitter to 11ms (still DSMX), in order to get it to bind. Therefore, I set the Transceiver in the PC Software to DSMX-1. I tested the reaction of stick movement in the setup screen, as shown in previous video. I'm in business now.

Next step will be to mount the ZYX-s, ESC and RX to the bird.....

Thanks again for all the help!
Old 02-24-2014, 10:54 PM   #360 (permalink)
Registered Users

woohoo 2

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in