Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-21-2013, 10:26 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

interesting to say the least. That is awesome you have this conversion up and flying... would like to see it fly. Where at in Houston do you fly?
jdExtraZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 10:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneFingerHank View Post
Are you getting the shudders & shakes? That is what is driving me crazy and I'm trying the BX route just haven't been home to mess with it. I just bought a used ALIGN 250 to try. If it works out I might get rid of this thing, way to much maintenance.
none at all, I've noticed no trade off yet other than weight and money spent.
Old 04-21-2013, 10:37 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdExtraZ View Post
interesting to say the least. That is awesome you have this conversion up and flying... would like to see it fly. Where at in Houston do you fly?
I'm actually in Conroe as well 45 @ 1488, I mostly fly in school fields. I took it to the school on 242 today. We can meet up next weekend if you want to see it fly, hopefully it'll be 100% dialed in by then.
Old 04-22-2013, 06:13 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sure, let me know... I would dig it.
jdExtraZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-24-2013, 10:55 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

40 flights now, all is well. Worked on the cyclic pid gains. D gain and decel rate have a big impact on how the cyclic feels on stops during flips/ rainbows/ tic tocs. A high I gain makes it more stable in a steady hover but too high can fight your stick inputs. Oddly after a tail rebuild and setup using rate mode to adjust the slider position I was able to remove all torque pre comp. Hope to shoot some flight video this weekend. It is nice to have so much control over the fbl controller in a sub micro, it's flying better and better every day. $150 well spent in my opinion, I'm hesitant at this point to tell everyone to do it, I want to log a good 100 flights after it's 100% tuned before I can feel confident doing that.

I need some better packs, the pulse 450 and lectron 450 will not reach as high a headspeed as the stock eflite 300's, got my eye on nano 65c packs.
Old 04-27-2013, 12:30 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've only had a few more flights since my last post, I took it to the field after work one day last week and encountered a power issue. Shortly after take off the power cut and it hit the ground. Upon inspection I could see the rx light going out and then coming back on. The zyx-s did not lose power but the system was going into failsafe mode. It ended up being a bad cyclic servo, it just stopped working while I was trouble shooting on the bench.

I guess it was drawing enough current to shut down the rx? I can't find stats on the voltage range for spektrum satellite rx's anywhere, but if the zyx-s was not losing power that means I had at least 3.5 volts at the controller. I'm not too concerned yet as this was a well used servo, 100+ flights. My tail servo has god knows how many flights, I've only been logging every flight since early March and I've already got 145 flights logged since then. I bought the heli in early November.

Anyway it is flying amazing, the tail is just rock solid, I need to work on cg, as it's slightly nose heavy. I've pulled the bluetooth adapter off as I've got the pid gains tuned well, I just need to put some packs through to get a good feel, hard to do that when you are tweaking something every flight.

Below are pics of the weight, 100.7 grams without canopy and 107.0 grams with canopy( no battery in either case), this is without the 3.3 gram bluetooth adapter.

Old 04-27-2013, 05:02 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's the first flight vid.

Blade 130X With Tarot ZYX-S FBL hp08 And XP-12A (3 min 12 sec)
Old 04-28-2013, 09:11 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Flight 50 with the zyx-s, just put in the spin 8000 with 11t, it's a little too much even after dropping the colletive to 10 degrees, kind of like trying to drive a top fuel dragster to the grocery store.... that and it sucks some miliamps, not sure if a 3 minute flight time with a 450 mah is worth the extra power, I don't know. I'll try the 10t, but at this point I'm thinking of putting the hp08 back in.

Blade 130x with Zyx-s Fbl Spin 8000 (3 min 34 sec)
Old 04-28-2013, 10:43 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Could you share your ZYX setting parameter with us??
It may save us some time.
thx
chsgreen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 09:39 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chsgreen View Post
Could you share your ZYX setting parameter with us??
It may save us some time.
thx

I started with the 3d soft preset.

agility pitch and roll- 60
gain pitch and roll- 30

yaw rate L and R- 60
gain- 50
tx gain- 20 for hh and rate mode.

I'll have to get back with you on the advanced menu, don't remember all of them off hand. It flew well with the default settings other than the stops being sloppy.
I increased the roll and pitch d gain and decel until the cyclic stopping behavior felt good. I increased the I gain as well until it hovered nice and stable. Accelleration and dead bands were not touched.

I followed Dr. M's setup guide to the letter for the tail. No tail precompensation was needed once the mechanical setup was right.

In the last video I have a cracked main shaft, new unbalanced tail blades, and my 3rd bearing had popped out and it still flew well. Really this controller is perfect for the 130x.
Old 05-11-2013, 08:56 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

New pics with the xtreme frame, running spin 8000 and 10t now. I've only managed another 15 flights in the last 2 weeks between switching from hp08 to spin/ 11t, then 10t, then moving to xtreme frame, then 3 crashes in 10 flights.... I have to stop being so careless, I keep forgetting there is no little red reset button on my dx8 after a crash... Last night on my second pac I was doing some wayyyy too low left to right rainbows, tail strike on the cement, a couple of dumbthumbs, and I ended up with a broken boom, main shaft, stripped main gear, and the hub flew off of my tail shaft, so back on the bench she goes.

Old 05-12-2013, 06:36 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your setup looks so clean and nice! My next upgrade is a toss up between fbl controller or mh frame with rotary servos. Both of which I don't really need yet,but nice to have lol.
Nintyfive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2013, 02:35 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just showing the latest electronics placement in this video. Still dialing it in after rebuilding and resetting the controller, but it's getting closer to where it was. . The wind here has been blowing hard for weeks which doesn't help matters. Hopefully I can get some more flight videos soon.

Blade 130x with Tarot zyx-s/ Castle 10a/ Lynx Eox (3 min 33 sec)
Old 07-07-2013, 12:59 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I've dropped 8.9 grams since the last weigh in! The biggest losses were ditching the motor wires/ bullet connectors and direct soldering the motor to the esc, switching out the xp-12a with modified bec to a castle 10a, getting rid of excess "upgrades" that performed no better than stock, and swithcing the heavy wires on the rx adapter for the eflite ultra light lead. Man I can feel the difference in the air with the weight gone. The only upgrades I'm currently running are
mh rotorhead without button
lynx eox motor with Dylan's motor mount
lynx 3rd bearing boom
kde xf blades
quad bearing mod on stock tail case
xtreme solid carbon main shaft
xtreme tail shaft

Old 07-07-2013, 06:25 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is so cool! I'm glad you updated your thread, I don't know how I missed this the first time around. Thanks for sharing, I like knowing that there is a 3in1 option.
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2013, 08:16 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes definitely looking good. I think mine has a bad board. And i'd rather use my 8FG to fly it anyway.
So been looking at doing this with a S Bus receiver instead of a satellite. Or something that will work with a Anylink.

thanks for posting.

chuck
Old 08-16-2013, 07:34 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok hopefully final configuration. I got sick of the look of the wires hanging out the back of the frame so I moved the controller to the front. I can still get perfect cg with my heaviest pack by placing it as close to the elevator pushrod as possible. Though with the 3s motor on it's way I will have to figure out a way to counter balance once that goes in. The 3s packs I have are 35 grams ( I can reduce that some), and I believe the EOX 1102 is 2 grams heavier than 1101. So that's going to give me a good 15 more grams on the nose... Maybe I'll have to throw some metal in the tail. I'm sure the rotary servo and new pro t.b.s will add a bit of weight in the tail, but probably not enough to balance out 15 more grams in the nose. I'll figure something out, 1102 should be here middle of next week.
I took the data plug from the zyx and moved it to the opposite side for ease of handling the Bluetooth adapter, plug is on the bottom so no interference with the main gear when you need to drop it off the shaft. The plastic mount I made is just slightly wider than the frame so when the skids go on it squeezes the mount and holds the controller in place. On the bottom side I've added strips 4011 tape where the controller would contact the frame. The zyx-s is not touching any part of the frame anywhere. The plastic mount is slightly longer than the zyx and makes contact with the stops inside the frame allowing me to push the unit very far back. I'm considering filing off the stops so the unit can be slid even further back closer to the main shaft, I've got 5 to 6mm between the plug bank and motor pinion. I'm loving the tidiness, with the canopy on the conversion is almost completely invisible other than visible rx.

Old 08-16-2013, 04:52 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the ZYX-S fly better than the stock 3-in-1 with the AS3X? I have a 450 clone with the ZYX-S that I love. Sadly down waiting for a replacement cyclic servo.
Nihilistic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 08:03 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking good B!

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-16-2013, 10:45 PM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nihilistic View Post
Does the ZYX-S fly better than the stock 3-in-1 with the AS3X? I have a 450 clone with the ZYX-S that I love. Sadly down waiting for a replacement cyclic servo.
Biggest benefits are in the tail and overall tuning options, piro optimization makes continuous piros/ piro flips possible, even clockwise, you can tune the stops to dial out the bounce back, overall tail hold his better, all is subject to setup and tuning, but yes definitely better once dialed in. Tail is solid even with the dodgy stock servo.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in