Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2013, 10:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Fully custom 130X with tarot ZYX-S

Hello. After flying my 130X a few times I have decided to modify it, a little at first with some aluminum parts, then a bit more with more aluminum parts and a new motor, then more with the tarot ZYX-S, and finally completely build a heli out of aftermarket parts, which is what I got here as my final version. I guess it isn't really even a Blade 130X anymore. Well, here are a few pics, a list of parts and price, and the flight review.

What's in this beast:

Microheli advanced x rotary servo frame $79.99
HP10S Motor w/ 11t pinion $47.95
3 x cyclic Hitec 5035HD servos $89.85
1 x tail DS35 servo $15.99
Tarot ZYX-S $55.95
OrangeRX R100 satellite rx $11.83
XP12A ESC $19.99
Lynx solid carbon main shaft $10
Microheli delrin main gear w/ hub $19.99
KBDD blue tail blades $2.99
Stock main blades (for now) $10.99
Stock landing gear $5.80
5V 3A UBEC $5.99
Lynx cf tail fin $4.99
KDE tail case $33.95
Microheli titanium swash $29.99
Microheli double bearing titanium pitch slider $21.99
Microheli aluminum tail pitch lever $17.99
3rd bearing case, by benboy207 $5.37
Lynx tail boom supports $12.99
Lynx aluminum main grips $26.99
Lynx aluminum head $19.99
Microheli aluminum tail boom support mount $7.99
Microheli extra pushrod support mount $4.99
Microheli aluminum DS35 tail servo mount $17.99
HH metal C and D gears $20
HH metal B gear $14.99
Lynx aluminum tail grips $24.99
Fusuno canopy $37.95

Not counting misc parts like connectors, o-rings, batteries, etc., and shipping.

Total: $680.46

Holy crap this is an expensive heli!

Flight review:

I have flown the stock130x very little due to its poor-ish performance but I can say that my custom heli kicks its butt all they way up and down the road. No comparison.

Mild sport flying with 100% TC, and a few pitch pumps gives me a flight time of 3:30 min with 3.75v/cell coming down, although I can go up to 4 mins. Battery and motor barely warm with ambient temp of ~9 C. The 11t pinion on the motor with the 116t Microheli main gear gives me a HS of ~5800 RPM.

The tail is responsive and holds rock solid. Heavy pitch pumps make the tail kick a little but not too bad, climbs like a rocket. The heli is very responsive to cyclic input and is extremely agile, much more so than my FBL Blade 450 also with a tarot ZYX. Covers a lot of ground in a very short time. Very stable and holds its spot well, aside from the drift and the occasional wind gust. Piros are stationary thanks to the built in piro compensation of the ZYX-S. Overall this heli is a beast. Although I have yet to put it through a real test I have to say that I will have a hard time maxing out its potential anytime soon. I will still be playing around with gains and PIDs a little but so far I have it pretty much the way I want it to be. As for durability I have very little info. I put it into the grass a few times and bladestruck my car's rim with no TH, no damage.

The Microheli frame looks great and seems to perform pretty decently. I like the aluminum motor mount. Cyclic servos are the way to go and the Hitecs have plenty of speed and power to do the job. I get no vibes on the tail either thanks to the upgraded everything, lol. 3rd bearing mod makes the heli run smoother and a little quieter. HP10S is a monster and gives a real kick to the performance along with the nano tech 450mah batteries, of which I have 6.

Overall I like the way it turned out. No two ways about it, the damn thing cost me almost $700 so it better be good! I love it though. This is why I am in this hobby.

I hope this has been informational for those who are looking into building something similar. Thanks for reading!

-Dima
kdrcguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2013, 11:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet man very nice!!! Keep us posted on how the servos hold up!!
Andrew166 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-18-2013, 11:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's a 130 XXX ! Very nice
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 07:19 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It looks beautiful.
MTDV is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 08:06 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow! You stuffed a siberian tiger into a package the size of a house cat...a house cat with big teeth and a maniacal grin! That is INSANE! I caught myself counting on my fingers to see if I could afford or justify doing anything even close to this. had to slap myself. Did I say WOW?

MX-400 Pro
130X
Nano CPX AD BL Mild
Smok1n is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 09:42 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

A-MA-ZING. Love this hobby.

Nano CPX,130X,TREX500e,
TREX550,DX8
Old 04-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very cool!
Old 04-19-2013, 10:15 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Noice!! I'm already at a 1/3 of where you went, and I haven't even drained an entire pack on mine yet... getting there! I just ordered another $104 worth of goodies from Lynx, so thanks for the bump in my motivatoin. cheers!
Loppy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

all that bling and you are using stock bullet blades?
jrwalte is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 10:37 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now that is what a 130x should be right there. But I would never buy it at the price you listed. Add a beast x instead and you are 800 bucks.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 10:56 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

At $800 it's a toss up goblin or 130x hmmmmmmm. I had a blade 4503d with every upgrade available. With Heli and upgrades cost about $750. Then I never flew it for fear of a crash. It totally defeated the purpose for me. But like yours it looked amazing. It must be a 3d beast.

Nano CPX,130X,TREX500e,
TREX550,DX8
Old 04-19-2013, 11:02 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

How did you make the servo connections to the zyx? Standard servo plugs?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:16 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
How did you make the servo connections to the zyx? Standard servo plugs?
Not my heli here. But I just crack the servo cases open and solder new leads right to the servo PCB. Then you can shorten or lengthen them too while you are at it.
litehawkdown is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 12:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
Not my heli here. But I just crack the servo cases open and solder new leads right to the servo PCB. Then you can shorten or lengthen them too while you are at it.
I was thinking use stock servo wires and solder straight to zyx
Old 04-19-2013, 12:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks everyone. It was a blast to work on and is flying like a beast. This is why I love this hobby.

I unsoldered the standard 3 pin servo connection board from the ZYX and replaced it with female plugs with wires, the same ones that are on the original 4 in 1. I also replaced the standard 3 pin connectors with the same male ones on the servos to keep the weight down.

By the way I have a bunch of stock spares like swash, head, servos, 4 in 1, etc. so if anyone wants them PM me. I will give some of this stuff away for free, just pay shipping.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:28 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by litehawkdown View Post
Now that is what a 130x should be right there. But I would never buy it at the price you listed.
But we wouldn't buy a car priced on the cost of individual parts either. FWIW, a quick tally of the HH prices for replacement parts puts the replacement parts value of a 130x at $429 (with one battery, no charger, plastic A-gear). I wouldn't pay that for a stock 130x either.

I know, I know. We'd have no choice but to buy all the individual parts at or near list prices to get this kind of heli. Multiple threads over the last year have wished a manufacturer would put together a kit maybe as elaborate as the great heli here, but at a package price.
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing

Last edited by helibus; 04-19-2013 at 01:36 PM..
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 01:29 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Dude...that is one helluva bird!! I would honestly be afraid of crashing that thing and would probably never fly it...Bet it flies amazingly...video soon

I would love to build something like that, but the missus would skin me alive for taking that amount of time and money.....eh....I never let that stop me before

btw - pm sent about parts if still available
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 02:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
formerly koi-fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibus View Post
But we wouldn't buy a car priced on the cost of individual parts either. FWIW, a quick tally of the HH prices for replacement parts puts the replacement parts value of a 130x at $429 (with one battery, no charger, plastic A-gear). I wouldn't pay that for a stock 130x either.

I know, I know. We'd have no choice but to buy all the individual parts at or near list prices to get this kind of heli. Multiple threads over the last year have wished a manufacturer would put together a kit maybe as elaborate as the great heli here, but at a package price.
I just buy used 130x and break them down...cheaper
/ 180cfx, 300x, X3,X4-II, Protos 380, Chase 360, x5, Logo 480, Gob 380, Gob 500, Gob 570, Warp 360, 450x, forza 450/450ex, T-Rex 600 Dom, Logo 600, DX9, 1973 Ford f100, Traxxas Summit/Bronco/Bandit/X-Maxx

"Everyone wanted his soul, all he gave them was a smile" - Steve Marriott
Diogenes is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 03:30 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by koi-fish View Post
I just buy used 130x and break them down...cheaper
Ditto

I just bought my 3rd one...never bought a new one...all 3 were used from HF. Only reason I got the 3rd one was for spares, but that one came with so many of its own spares, that I just might keep 3 in the air (hypothetically speaking of course, especially with the 130x)
mixfisto is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-19-2013, 04:49 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I kinda wish I never bought a 130X in the first place and put that money towards the one I have right now, which is all aftermarket parts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in