Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-22-2013, 09:26 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Version 1.3x?

Maybe I have just been out of the loop because I haven't flown in a couple of months. I looked on Futaba's website and saw something about a version 1.3x. Is this a real version or are they using the X as a placeholder? I believe I have 1.31 now and it made a world of difference over 1.2. Thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-22-2013, 11:23 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

yes the 1.31 is the current latest version they must of made the videos or named it before its release. or maybe there is an x version to come who knows.

1.31 is the current latest firmware
Old 04-22-2013, 11:36 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Like I said I just noticed it on Futaba's website so I didn't know. There wasn't a 1.3x in the software download page though.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

From what I understand, 1.30 was the major update but it had a couple of glitches in there that were causing problems. I think one of them had something to do with the update process (?) but neither of them had anything to do with the flight control system so there weren't any model crashes because of them that I know of. Verson 1.31 simply corrects those glitches and is otherwise identical to 1.30. I've been monitoring the world of electronic flybars for almost as long as they've been on the market. Sometimes it's hard to tell how good one is vs another because everyone has an opinion and there are always those who had really good luck and those who didn't. As it was, I've been a "long" time Futaba flyer so I was generally attracted to the CGY750 but, as with the other brands out there, was getting a lot of conflicting information. At least it sure seemed that way.

Since the 1.3x release, all I've read have been "glowing" reports on how great it is so I finally took the plunge and converted my Bergen Gasser to flybarless. All I did was install the 750 and run through the initial setup recommendations, primarily to make sure the cyclic/collective movements were within the recommended ranges and the gyro responses were going in the correct direction. After that, I just went out and flew the model and I have to say, I've been pretty impressed, especially up in the air. A lot of what I've read on the 1.3x version is that it's pretty much a plug-n-play setup now and for me, that's been pretty much true. I like it.

Fly Safe,
Steve R.
Intrepid175 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 12:08 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So is there a difference in the 1.31 and 1.3x?
Old 04-22-2013, 12:24 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

V1.31 update.
1.GY-701/CGY-750 GY Link data copy tool bug: “Write Error” may occur when parameters saved to a PC are transferred to a CGY-750.
 >> V1.31 corrects this bug. A saved model file will correctly upload to the CGY-750.
2.When attempting to store rudder trim into the CGY-750’s memory, the rudder trim may not be saved.
 >> V1.31 corrects this bug and allows correct rudder trim memorization.
http://downloads.hobbico.com/softwar...31_ENG_web.pdf

Doug
dvelez3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 01:21 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is no version "1.3x" - they are using that "x" to refer to either 1.3 or 1.31

The two versions are pretty much identical in regards to flight performance and setup instructions/features. 1.31 includes a few minor bugfixes - that's it.
MikeG4936 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2013, 01:23 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeG4936 View Post
There is no version "1.3x" - they are using that "x" to refer to either 1.3 or 1.31

The two versions are pretty much identical in regards to flight performance and setup instructions/features. 1.31 includes a few minor bugfixes - that's it.
Thank you, that's what I was wanting to know. I have the 1.31 and it is easy to program and flies pretty dang good!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in