Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2013, 05:01 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Currently there is an issue in the GPS altitude data if you fly at more than 1000m, this has been fixed and will be available in the next release.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevebaker View Post
Works a treat Kevin. Fix #2 now allows me to see my frame losses etc that are all at zero.
Cheers Steve
Cheers Steve, makes the effort worthwhile if users are happy.
Advertisement

Old 05-13-2013, 09:03 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default File Opening Issue

Yesterday morning here I got to fly the 7HV with the ferrite cores added etc. and results much better! (Thanks much for opening my eyes!!) Understand that problem much better now and will work more on it. I forgot to activate recording on the radio, but had the STI interface plugged in the iPad. I emailed that file to myself and that file is one that won't open with TelemetryReader? No modifications other than changing the name of the file?

I am attaching that file as a txt file so have to rename it to tlm is all. I could not figure out why so many files not opening, now I see that some are from split out file from another program, and others from using the files as saved by the iPhone and IPad app from Spektrum. Picture of data from iPad.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	7HV-05-12-2013.jpg
Views:	216
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	420020  
Attached Files
File Type: txt 7HV-5-12-2013 084314.txt (378.9 KB, 117 views)
JCLs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2013, 10:09 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

JCL, It looks like the ios devices don't generate the same header information as the radio, which is the information that i use to dynamically generate the sensor list in the tabs. I'll have to have a longer look at the data and see if there is a way around it.

Kevin
Old 05-13-2013, 06:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default New Spektrum telemetry log viewer application

For all you do at the price you do it for many THANKS! I am glad I saw and you figured out part of why I wasn't being able to open some files. Nice of Spektrum to be consistent. I have noticed if i take STi file sent by email and try to open on ios device it does not work? Something not consistent!
Old 05-14-2013, 04:33 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been having a look at the issue JCLs highlighted with STi recorded TLM files and it looks like i have a workable solution that will allow them to be read, however i want to carry out some more testing with a few more files before i release it, so if anyone has any files that were recorded via STi devices, if you could post them it will aid my testing.
Just to clarify I'm after TLM files that were recorded and exported from the STI device, it would also be useful to see some that were imported in to STi from the radio and then subsequently exported, if you post a file please state which type of file it is.

Thanks Kevin
Old 05-14-2013, 12:10 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Files For Comparisson

Here are four tlm files renamed txt files.

Two were captured and saved on STi on iPhone and emailed:
  • 7HV-3-17-2012 121229.txt
  • Warp-360-4-9-2013 162453.txt
I then took a file that was pulled off the SD card in the radio:
  • Warp-360-#9-560sec-April-28-2013-from radio.txt
Emailed it to myself so I could open it on the iPhone and then emailed that file as opened on the iPhone back and that file is attached as:
  • Warp-360-#9-560sec-April-28-2013 Opened in STI and sent back.txt
Hope that helps you some!!
Old 05-15-2013, 04:51 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 0.9

Version 0.9 Available here :-

http://boxhillheliclub.co.uk/wp-cont...etryReader.zip

Updates

New Functionality

1. Added ability to open STi generated files that are missing header data, key Items of data are missing on these files, so where the data is not available it will be shown as 'STi'. Pole count and gear ratio, you will be prompted to enter and timing information I've taken a logical guess at, but it looks reasonable. This change required some rewrites of the file reading code so if you find any issues, let me know.

2. Added additional checks to confirm overwriting of existing files.

Fixes
1. Fixed GPS altitude data if above 1000m.
2. Fixed issue introduced in version 0.7 which causes Export of Model CSV to fail and crash the app.

Kevin
Old 05-15-2013, 09:09 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Gotta Thank You

Hope I helped some! You sure have done a lot of work for everyone playing with this stuff!

I am attaching two screen shots, it seems fine opening STi files. I will get into in more with other files as soon as I can. This in on Win8 machine by the way.

I bought some small iron ferrite rings, added some more and the same shop had some shielding n about 1/2' minimum size so I shielded the data run back to the TM1000 unit that was in parallel with the master and slave runs from the Kontronik. Will see how much more that improves things! (Looks very good though!) File here is on of old ones with lots of noise!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	5-15-2013 8-02-08 PM.jpg
Views:	176
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	420543   Click image for larger version

Name:	5-15-2013 8-03-23 PM.jpg
Views:	230
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	420544  
Old 05-15-2013, 09:17 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thinking. How hard is it to save pole and gear ratio data in file once entered? Is Heli name in the file?

I guess we need to push on Spektrum to include all data in STi file, is bummer not same. I will be using chip more but like using STi with voice for setting up head speeds for example. I save file but,,

On the iPad again,
JCL
Old 05-16-2013, 05:11 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is a whole block of data missing from the header relating to the model, so model name is missing, as is RX type etc.

It should be possible to add the pole count and gear ratio once its been entered, but i'll have to modify the output to write a semi valid header, so that if the file is subsequently read the file is then deemed to be correct and read using the normal processing instead of the STi file reader logic.
The down side will be once written you won't be able to amend the values if you get it wrong, but as long as you don't overwrite the original file you can always re-create it.
Old 05-16-2013, 06:56 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I wonder why Spektrum made it possible to email file saved on iPhone or iPad but left a block of data off the header so it is not the same as what is pulled from the SD card in the radio. Seems like a very reasonable thing for Skektrum to fix!

On the iPad again,
JCL
Old 05-17-2013, 08:19 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Version 1.0 Available

Version 1.0 Available here :-

Updates

Version 1.0 has been repackaged as an exacutable with its own icon and JRE now, so no need to download a separate JRE and it should run on all Windows platforms.

New Functionality

1. Application re-packaged as an executable that uses its own JRE, so now no need to download and install separate JRE.
2. Application behaves as an exe once its unpacked.
3. Gear ratio and pole count will be saved in the session file if you save a file from an STi export.

Fixes
1. Fixed an issue with graph filter.

Kevin
Old 05-17-2013, 11:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Works a treat. Thanks for all your effort.
stevebaker is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2013, 02:02 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Minor update to version 1.0.1

Version 1.0.1 Available here :-

Updates

Version 1.0.1 is a minor revision to fix a couple of issues. This is pretty much the final release version for now unless anyone finds any major problems.

New Functionality

None

Fixes
1. Fixed an annomaly that can occur with RX Graph, when filter off.
2. State of graph filter gets saved on exit.

Kevin
Old 05-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kevin !

You are doing a very good job ! you are very fast to give us new version for respond at all users

So is it possible to delete all this RPM zero spikes on the rpm curves, and make temp curve more soft

Thanks a lot.

TEL ACRO.txt is a .TLM file rename in .txt to publish it as an attached file.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AcrobatSE.jpg
Views:	187
Size:	102.8 KB
ID:	421381  
Attached Files
File Type: txt TEL ACRO.txt (636.9 KB, 141 views)
helisud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-19-2013, 12:06 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think issue filtering 0 rpm is what happens when rpm really is 0?

I and many others very grateful for all the work done!!

PS: am working on using small ferrite cores and shielding to really clean up data. Made a huge difference just putting ferrite cores on the leads BEC/motor control signal from the ESC on my Compass 7HV. Noise is bigger issue than i thought. Slipped a core on the rpm sensor and put it in a shielded run. Have not been able to try this weekend but will post results.
Old 05-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helisud View Post
So is it possible to delete all this RPM zero spikes on the rpm curves, and make temp curve more soft
Can't remove the zero spikes, as i have no way of knowing whats a spike and whats a real zero, If you are getting that many spikes, then i would suggest that you have an issue with the data being collected and should look at the reasons why. As JCLs replied, he had similar issues and worked to resolve them and drastically improved his data.

The temp graph is what it is, its a plot of the raw temp data and is probably down to the resolution of the sensor being used, so not much i can do there either.

Kevin
Old 05-20-2013, 03:43 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kevin,

I understand.
But can't you make your soft consider that an isolated 0 value (or two simultaneous... like in my TLM file) between two normal values is an anomaly ?

BTW isn't it possible to make that the user choose the level of filter (1, 2 , 3 or more anormal values in a regular curve) ?

Just some questions from a "béotien" who always has a tendency to think that things complicated are simple
helisud is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2013, 12:10 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

wondering if anybody is expiriencing a tiny issue I got,
- when I change the model on the '' select model and session '' the program shuts down
Old 05-20-2013, 03:24 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've found an issue that can cause that to happen if you have multiple different models and one of them has more sensors than the others, when you open the session with the lesser number of sensors after opening the model with the greater number of sensors, a fix is currently in test.

Kevin

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in