Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 550 Class Electric Helicopters

550 Class Electric Helicopters 550 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2012, 07:05 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Governor mode with Align RCE-BL70G Brushless ESC

Is anyone using the governor mode with the stock speedy and how does it go? I am currently just using throttle curves but would prefer more consistent head speed from the start to the finish of the flight. Would prefer not to upgrade the speedy if it can do the job okay.
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2012, 07:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also asked that a year or 2 ago, awnsers I got is NO!. You will run into tail problems - I thought maybe these guys don`t know how to setup a heli - tried the governor on my 450 pro and my tail were all over the place. Did not even bothered to try my 550v2. Try running straight throttle curves like 80 or 90 etc, worked better for me than a throttle curve or the align gov. But if you want to use a governor go to the castle esc`s, heard a few good feed back`s on the hobywing`s gov as well - don`t have experience with their heli esc`s
Bking1340 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 08:20 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hobbywing ESC does not have internal governor. But it works very well with external governor (e.g. VBar, SK 720).

Never heard a good thing about the internal governor on Align ESC nor did I try it.

Happy flying

Cheater
Old 04-10-2012, 08:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the governor on that esc with my 500 and couldn't get rid of wagging until I turned off the governor.
I haven't read anyone having success with that function on that controller.
Old 04-10-2012, 09:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

+1 on running flat line throttle curves.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pk58 View Post
i had a slight twitch in the tail that drove me crazy. i was told to turn the govenor off and all was fixed
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1004ron View Post
If you are using the stock Align ESC, then that was good advice. Running a flat throttle "curve" is best with the stock ESC.

SAB Goblin 700 - CCHV120 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 / 450 Pro - GT5 - Tarot head / T-Rex 550 V2.1 - CC100 - BEC Pro - AR7200BX - TM1000 /
1004ron is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 09:27 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bking1340 View Post
Also asked that a year or 2 ago, awnsers I got is NO!. You will run into tail problems - I thought maybe these guys don`t know how to setup a heli - tried the governor on my 450 pro and my tail were all over the place. Did not even bothered to try my 550v2. Try running straight throttle curves like 80 or 90 etc, worked better for me than a throttle curve or the align gov. But if you want to use a governor go to the castle esc`s, heard a few good feed back`s on the hobywing`s gov as well - don`t have experience with their heli esc`s
+1 , use straight curves, my "curve" is straight 90%
Old 04-10-2012, 10:46 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1 running stright 100% on my 550 with the stock esc. Been flying it for about a year now with no issues
Blade MSR
Raptorg2zman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2012, 03:20 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1, the governor in the stock ESC is basically unusable in my experience. I got tail wag issues right away so turned it off and problem disappears again.
I just run a flat curve (now there's an oxymoron) at 85% with 550mm blades and gives around 2100 rpm.
Old 04-28-2013, 11:41 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1

These problems still appear.
Mgdesign is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 04:30 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by taoY View Post
Hobbywing ESC does not have internal governor. But it works very well with external governor (e.g. VBar, SK 720).

Never heard a good thing about the internal governor on Align ESC nor did I try it.

Happy flying

Cheater

The hobbywing platinum series has a governor. I don't know how well it works. The 100A ships stock with the GAUI X5.

HW 100A
mstenbo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-29-2013, 09:15 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My experience with a hw 100A platinum pro is that the governor works better than straight throttle curves, but still not nearly as good as my skookum 540 governor
Bking1340 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in