Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand

bavarianDEMON/HeliCommand Factory Sponsored Bavarian DEMON and HeliCommand Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-23-2013, 11:22 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Firmware v200 / Software v6.0 Reviews / Opinions

Here's a place to post your observations of the new software/firmware. I'll start off with screen shots of the new v6.0 software. I'm loading up v200 firmware on my units and will report flight test results in this thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	200-0All.jpg
Views:	588
Size:	78.5 KB
ID:	422685   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-1RC.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	422686   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-2Diagnose.jpg
Views:	543
Size:	83.1 KB
ID:	422690   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-3Trim.jpg
Views:	492
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	422691   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-4Mixer.jpg
Views:	509
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	422692  

Click image for larger version

Name:	200-5Tail.jpg
Views:	473
Size:	76.3 KB
ID:	422693   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-6Rigid.jpg
Views:	471
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	422694   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-7Horizon.jpg
Views:	436
Size:	81.4 KB
ID:	422695   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-8RTT.jpg
Views:	429
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	422696   Click image for larger version

Name:	200-9Help.jpg
Views:	391
Size:	97.3 KB
ID:	422697  

Last edited by rando; 05-26-2013 at 03:48 AM..
rando is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-23-2013, 12:06 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

The only obvious things I notice different in the software (beyond the new skin) is the Diagnose tab percentages are shown on all channels and the 'Hold Power' configuration on the tail tab (might have had a different name before).
Old 05-23-2013, 12:12 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for posting this. At work so I was curious. Fly new firmware yet?
Old 05-23-2013, 12:29 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

deleted
Henseleit TDR / Minicopter Diabolo S #22 / Align Trex 550 / Hirobo SRB Quark
CACN is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 01:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post
The only obvious things I notice different in the software (beyond the new skin) is the Diagnose tab percentages are shown on all channels and the 'Hold Power' configuration on the tail tab (might have had a different name before).
Also take note that when an item is selected it will be greyed out and NOT red. The red items are those that are NOT selected (which may be opposite of what is expected).
Old 05-23-2013, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Softweare v6.0 and Firmware 200 Review

jup, the gui designers should taste the whip for this.
badbandit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 02:23 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mmmmm.......

Is there a time warp?
Some crack in the matrix?
Some deja vu?

What did those guys do all the time?

It is exactly the same like the old software, nothing new.

Only new colors on the screen.

Not one of the customer wishes have been integrated.

They will not be the first company sleeping in the market till they are away from the window......
RogerRabit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 02:41 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
Also take note that when an item is selected it will be greyed out and NOT red. The red items are those that are NOT selected (which may be opposite of what is expected).
Damn! Do they want people to get confused and make mistakes? This does not look like an easy and user friendly interface...
Helmet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 02:45 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

"The head phone jack is on the bottom "

Personally I'm sticking with the old one works fine for me and it's easier on the eyes.
BustedRaptor77 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 02:52 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just got home......

I found some model presets:
robbe4S JoKaulbach
robbe4S KS Summensignal
T-Rex450 KS
T-Rex500 KS
T-Rex600 JoKaulbach
T-Rex700 EricWeber
T-Rex700Nitro ErickEhrstein

Where these there b4?

It's apparent right away your using new version 6 of software. However to use new firmware you must point software to "xseries_200.dat" which than loads new firmware and attempts to update your hc3-sx...
Old 05-23-2013, 03:16 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just finished my first flight on my 550 with the new firmware and it will need some tuning. I can't say if the tuning changes are due to the firmware or the 550 boom I put on my 550 (instead of the now stock 600 boom). I just wanted to report that, at least, it didn't fall out of the sky.
rando is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 03:20 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by rando View Post
I just finished my first flight on my 550 with the new firmware and it will need some tuning. I can't say if the tuning changes are due to the firmware or the 550 boom I put on my 550 (instead of the now stock 600 boom). I just wanted to report that, at least, it didn't fall out of the sky.
Hey rando,
as per tail performance, did u just update firmware and fly or did redo complete setup?
Old 05-23-2013, 03:22 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I walked through the screens but didn't need to change anything except the tail limits (new boom and tail push rod) and doubling the elevator filter (per the tool tip and install notes). I'm also now running the v2 tail ratio again so that too may have contributed to the tail overshoots.
Old 05-23-2013, 04:03 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail on the HC3SX with the BLS256HV was perfect so where is the improvement?

I am still searching for a difference compared to the previous one....
RogerRabit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 04:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Never tried that servo but tried BLS251 and BL9188 and wouldn't have called it perfect on either of those on various builds. The stop behavior does seem to be slightly different/improved from before but again i'm not doing an exact apples to apples comparison since I'm now running both a shorter and slower tail speed. The head feels perhaps more robotic (less vivid) that before but that could just be a placebo effect -- have to wait and see what others think.

I've been testing bail-outs throughout my test flights and don't see any change. They're still semi-level and still seem to be working every time.

I do note one bug in the software interface. It doesn't seem to render itself correctly on my netbook at 1024x600. The Setup overlay obscures the bottom half of the controls. Oddly, the window appears to scale when you shrink it but in any case it's still obscured. This is a bit of problem for me since I tune with my netbook.
Old 05-23-2013, 05:12 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Planning on staying with current set up on all my HC3SX equipped helis until I see the need to change. I will be following this thread closely before updating, will it be worth it to change from v117? I have my birds tuned pretty much perfect hate to make changes and begin having issues..
Diablo 700 14s / 700 12s / Logo 800 / 700 Extreme / Logo 600SE / Logo 690SX / Goblin 770 Carbon / Goblin 700 / BD3SX / Kontronik / Jeti DS-16 Red Racer #11..
chrisansilver is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-23-2013, 11:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrisansilver View Post
Planning on staying with current set up on all my HC3SX equipped helis until I see the need to change. I will be following this thread closely before updating, will it be worth it to change from v117? I have my birds tuned pretty much perfect hate to make changes and begin having issues..
I think that this is a very wise move mate.

I upgraded my Blade 550x and test flew it today and it almost cost me this heli! After less than 2 minutes into the flight (just a few upright piros, a few forward flips, and a couple of captain rescue tests) I got the most violent head twitch/glitch I've ever experienced. I was high enough up so just hit throttle hold and autoed it in ok. The only change I had made was to take the elevator filter up 2x the 117 setting as the software suggested (from 2 to 4 in my case).

I went back to 117 firmware (and took the elevator filter back to = 2) and all was well again. Went through 2x packs and it flew perfectly.

BTW to revert back I uninstalled the new BD 6.0 software and then re-install the 5,2 software. I probably could have done this with the new BD software but I wanted to go back to a fully proven firmware/software. You can download this from the Robbe site, as well as 117 firmware (I have not been able to download any of this from the old Helicommand site for a long time now). See the bottom of their hc3sx pages; http://www.robbe.de/hc-3-sx.html

When I opened up 5,2 with the new 200 firmware it told me I had to use new software but after doing the firmware update to 117 it was fine with this again, like normal.

I am currently using beta firmware 122 on my TT X50e and it is working perfectly (also flew a couple of packs today) so I think I'll just stick to this for now. I have not noticed a lot of diff between 122 and 117 except that with 122 the head does feel a little more solid, almost beastx-like (but with better agility). I may switch over my Blade 550x to 122 in the near future.

As far as the BD 6.0 software goes, I was not impressed. The older 5.2 software interface looks a lot cleaner and more professional imho. All the black background BD screens look almost DOS-like. It all works fine but I cannot see anything better than version 5.2. Maybe in the future Helicommand (sorry, BD, lol!) can incorporate an option to select different screen themes.

I was also a little disappointed to see that cyclic and servo selection in the RC tab is still the same (110hz only for standard digital cyclic and 220hz only for standard digital tail servos). I would have thought that offering higher variety of standard digital framerates like the beastx; (up to 200hz cyclic and 560hz tail) would help you get the best performance out of many digital servos. There might be other reasons for this that I'm not aware of though.

My main worry is that the new BD firmware/software may not be 100% compatible with older hc3sx units. I realize that lots of beta testers have used 122 (and 123, I believe) firmware on hc3sx units but I do not believe that the newer BD V6.0 software has been tested on many of these older units.

While it is possible that my initial firmware 200 twitch/glitch could have been caused by something else, I thought it best to give you guys my result and /thoughts.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 12:33 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I looked at the software tonight

I have to be honest I don't like the black and red and red un-selected is counter intuitive. Its harder on my eyes as well, I preferred the original sky blue colors where Angels live instead of the devil dungeon.

I noticed a parameter missing in the new software, d-gain on the tail gyro page, now it only shows p-gain. Not sure what expert hold is.

I'm currently using v.123 firmware and everything is flying great. I think I may just stick with this for a while until there is considerable need to upgrade to the devil. i.e. when there is some improvement as what it looks to be now is just different interface colors.

-=>Raja.
Jewel on-board Generators, Miniature Aircraft Team Manager
rbort is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 01:14 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Add me to the list of 'keeping the old firmware/software.'
I'm glad I've waited until hearing a few reviews, although still very early on it must be said.

"If it ain't broke, don't fix"

I think I'll wait until there is a significant feature set, flight characteristic improvement before changing. A bit of a colour change is not enough for me to flash v200 on a perfectly working Heli and Hc unit, sorry.........
Bonkievan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 02:37 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

I won't be changing mine either. Captron have stated that the improvements made are probably beyond the average flyer, so thats me out.
I don't want the hassle of redoing the setup when it's working great now.
I would of liked a way to equalise +ve and -ve pitch ranges other than using the pitch curve. But hay ho.

Has the slight tail bounce been fixed?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in