Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #121 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Thanks a lot Kevin for this application. It is very useful.
Ben_M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-31-2014, 05:49 PM   #122 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Problem with 'Custom' display settings

This software is a terrific tool ........... Thank you. I have encountered a problem using the 'Custom' graph setting. If I try and un-tick any of the parameters using the tick boxes at the bottom of the screen it closes the application. It does not seem to matter which one I pick. This does not happen when I use the other tab selections such as 'Speed' or 'GPS' for example.

Appreciate your advice ....... Ross
Macchiaust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015, 03:12 AM   #123 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

if you can attach the TLM file I can have a look and see what's going on. A work around for now would be to untick them on the individual graph and then go to the custom graph where they should remain unticked.
Old 02-28-2015, 11:29 AM   #124 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Flight Pack Capacity

hi Kevin , is it possible to update the software so that you can add Flight Pack Capacity , I updated my mah sensor with the new firmware , and now I don't get readings on the powerbox but the flight pack menu works

flight pack sensor (3 min 8 sec)
Attached Files
File Type: tlm 6HV.TLM (280.9 KB, 40 views)

Last edited by ragge1; 03-01-2015 at 02:41 PM..
ragge1 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2015, 03:12 AM   #125 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm in the process of updating it to support the 3 new sensor types, but will need tlm files for testing, so i'll have a look at the file you've posted, but if anyone else has any tlm files with the Flight Pack sensor, RX Pack sensor and ESC sensors, it will help.
Old 03-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #126 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragge1 View Post
hi Kevin , is it possible to update the software so that you can add Flight Pack Capacity , I updated my mah sensor with the new firmware , and now I don't get readings on the powerbox but the flight pack menu works

flight pack sensor - YouTube
What sensor are you using? AFAIK at least here in the US they are still preorder.
ESC appears in the Telemetry menus but we arent clear exactly what its capabilities are yet.
HELIFREAK !!!
aerocal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2015, 10:55 AM   #127 (permalink)
Registered Users

So looks like there's one that monitors flight pack voltage and one that monitors receiver pack voltage- like for a motor-less sailplane I presume? There was another one that I think is listed as discontinued.

++++++++++++++++++++++++
Aircraft Telemetry Flight Pack Batt Energy Sensor (SPMA9605)
http://www.horizonhobby.com/radios/t...ensor-spma9605

Key Features
  • Measure mAh (coulombs) – Monitors the level of mAh used in a single flight pack battery
  • Compact Design – Small footprint allows for virtually unlimited applications
  • Easy Set Up – No calibration or programming of the unit itself is required
  • EC3 Connectors – Uses standard EC3 battery connectors to easily connect between the battery and ESC

+++++++++++++++++++++

Aircraft Telemetry Receiver Batt Energy Sensor (SPMA9604)
http://www.horizonhobby.com/radios/t...ensor-spma9604

Key Features
  • Reset Switch – Allows the user to reset the data of the battery status after recharging the battery pack
  • Measure mAh (coulombs) – Monitors the level of mAh used in a single receiver battery pack
  • Measure Voltage – User will be able to monitor the voltage condition of the batteryin use
  • Compact Design – Small footprint will allow for virtually unlimited applications
  • Easy Set Up – No calibration or programming of the unit itself is required
  • Z Connector – Uses the conventional servo connector to connect to the receiver making it compatible with all Spektrum telemetry compatible receivers

+++++++++++++++++++++++

This one listed as discontinued:
Aircraft Telemetry High-Current Sensor (SPMA9590)
http://www.horizonhobby.com/aircraft...ensor-spma9590

Key Features
  • Measure the current from 10-150A
  • Can be used on high-voltage applications up to 60V
  • Easy installation in most any aircraft
  • Spektrum™ TM1000 module-compatible for use with aircraft telemetry systems
  • 11-bit resolution with 146mA/bit for precise data measurement
BWX_ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-02-2015, 11:48 AM   #128 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerocal View Post
What sensor are you using? AFAIK at least here in the US they are still preorder.
ESC appears in the Telemetry menus but we arent clear exactly what its capabilities are yet.
as you know Spektrum have been late or didn't have the intress in making a mah sensor while other companies did , so a German guy made a home-made sensor for the spektrum radios and was honoured to try/buy some , here is a tread I made in the Swedish board back in sep. 2013 : http://www.helisweden.se/showthread....light=rctronix
might need google translate

I had the V2 version that I could read the mah and current in the powerbox menu , but after I updated to V3 - so that includes the new radio update '' Flight pack capacity '' I can't read the values anymore on the powerbox ,
here an old file with the sensor on V2

will get the Spectrum sensor and test as well when they come out ( may I believe )
Attached Files
File Type: tlm 002~2 Heli.TLM (1.84 MB, 44 views)
Old 03-02-2015, 11:59 AM   #129 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinww View Post
but will need tlm files for testing, so i'll have a look at the file you've posted, but if anyone else has any tlm files with the Flight Pack sensor, RX Pack sensor and ESC sensors, it will help.
suprising the sun came out today , managed one flight , hade the alarm set at 2200mah and status raport on 60s
really cool every minute you get the info on how much mah is used
Kevin file on the flight today
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20150302_173027.jpg
Views:	284
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	572782   Click image for larger version

Name:	20150302_173018.jpg
Views:	188
Size:	74.5 KB
ID:	572783  
Attached Files
File Type: tlm 6HV.TLM (969.3 KB, 37 views)
Old 03-22-2015, 07:21 PM   #130 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have 1 of those sensors I bought it from Christian aka chla1 here on Helifreak. I am very happy with it.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.PNG
Views:	304
Size:	75.0 KB
ID:	575500
001~1 Heli.TLM
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 01:08 AM   #131 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lu523 View Post
I have 1 of those sensors I bought it from Christian aka chla1 here on Helifreak. I am very happy with it.
Attachment 575500
Attachment 575493
have you upgraded your sensor to v3 ,
Old 03-23-2015, 11:14 AM   #132 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It is just like I bought it. I don'y even know how to update it. Maybe something I need to check into.
Lu523 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2015, 08:18 PM   #133 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kevin,

Do you have source out on GitHub or another site? I'd love to play around with the app. Possibly work on a Linux or Android version.

Thanks,

Mike G.
mikejr83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 04:57 PM   #134 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry no, I have a Linux version, but have not made it available due to the support overhead it will generate. Won't work on Android as the graphing library used is not available.
Old 04-12-2015, 05:15 PM   #135 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Sorry no, I have a Linux version, but have not made it available due to the support overhead it will generate. Won't work on Android as the graphing library used is not available.
So, not open source then? Was at least hoping to see how you're working with the files. I opened up one of the files in Bless to see if I could make anything from hex -> ascii and aside from the model name wasn't able to get anything usable.

My end goal was basically to have some sort of alt graph readout in an Android app.
mikejr83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 02:28 AM   #136 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm in the process of updating it to support the 3 new sensor types, but will need tlm files for testing, so i'll have a look at the file you've posted, but if anyone else has any tlm files with the Flight Pack sensor, RX Pack sensor and ESC sensors, it will help.
Hi Kevin!
I've got the same problem like ragge1. I'm using this brilliant sensor: http://www.rctronix.de/wp/?p=368
In the latest Version with firmware V3 it supports flight pack capacity metering. Now it is possible to use it for example with the DX6 radio which doesn't support the powerbox. It works fine and I'm able to configure alarms and check the used mAh's directly on the screen of my radio.
Actually I can't upload any file - because I'm a new user, I guess?
cfblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2015, 07:09 AM   #137 (permalink)
Registered Users

As per previous reply to ragge1, the new sensors types are a work in progress, but until I can test with data from all the various sensors that support these formats and not just the functionality that your currently using via the powerbox, I'm restricted in what I can do, as currently time is at premium on my side so I don't want to release something that works sometimes and not others and then have to do a fix later. I'd rather get it right first time.
Old 04-21-2015, 09:04 AM   #138 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok, this sounds plausible, thanks for your quick response.
If I can help with tlm-files, let me know.
cfblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 09:16 AM   #139 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Kevin,
you making progress with the flight Pack integration.
I'm so impatient because my power box no longer works with the new Kapasensor software.
papads is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2015, 04:34 PM   #140 (permalink)
Registered Users

See post #137 above, coding is complete, but spektrum sensors not widely available yet to complete testing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in