Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 11:45 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusionsx00 View Post
bad vibration + accellerometers = crash

and then -$$$

this is even better for them, full speed uncontrolled dives into the ground usually trash every thing
This is a problem for people like skookum/ikon/and brain this is what makes their self level feature unreliable. I purchased an Ikon for the SL feature it simply didnt work reliably. It ocassionally worked. It's not something I would want to trust my heli to. I purchased a helicommand and couldn't be any happier. That unit just flat out works but its expensive. So it's good that we have some competition in the mix. With all the people someone is eventually bound to get it to work right besides helicommand.

This S.A.F.E technology do we even know if they use accelerometers? Or did they do something like helicommand did?
xokia is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-19-2013, 02:32 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Blade's new SAFE™ technology

Quote:
Originally Posted by lespaulrob View Post
NO WAY! That's awesome! I wonder if they have iPhone/iPad apps. These things are sounding better and better every day!

Have you tried the self leveling/bailout function? I saw it on YouTube and it looks like it spins it upright very quickly and as long as you have the altitude, you can sling it around and bailout if needed.
No iOS app due to technical issues with the Apple bluetooth stack however they have recommended several budget tabs for it over in the msh forum for $100-$200.

Also, forget who mentioned it but if you install the ikon on the 300x be sure to install it up top on the boom mount vs in the frame, in the frame of 300x it seems to pick up vibes and SL not work. I've got two ( on 450x and Goblin 500)and love the tuning abilities.

SL has been working well on mine. Like shyguy mentioned, can even add positive pitch to the self level for a more effective bailout. The governor in the Ikon is also solid.

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-19-2013, 03:58 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think BD has a worldwide patent, so I guess the competition need to find some other solution...

AFAIK Walkera has had some SL for some time too? (im micros)
DX8, Phoenix
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2013, 12:06 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

we know someone who has the ikon and he says on his 550 it really doesn't work right, some say it does some say no, i guess depend on the heli and the set up

guys, think about it we all, well most of us have been flying helis with help for past few years the MCPX has as3x built in, w/o it it would be just about impossible to fly this lil guy same thing for the nano and other smaller helis.

technology is great i am not sure what all this new SAFE is suppose to do. but I am sure it will help some learn to fly I know my bf says all FBL helis seem easier to fly then FB helis ever did, look at the radios, most feel they need a fancey dx18 we love our dx7's and use only the mixes it take to fly but we know people who use ever mix they can to make it more easy to fly
epoweredrcgirl09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-17-2013, 09:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHYguy View Post
I think BD has a worldwide patent, so I guess the competition need to find some other solution...

AFAIK Walkera has had some SL for some time too? (im micros)
As a matter of interest, this is what I think Walkera is, or was working on. It is a micro heli with infrared sensors and obstacle avoidance capability. Therefore, it is basically a heli that avoids crashes. You should watch that video below. The part where the heli hovered a few inches above a pond is quite impressive. The product shown is rumored to be designed by ex-Walkera engineers who have defected to a new company.

http://www.benmahobby.com/productsho...001&1001001001
zadaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 07:40 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

has anyone opened up a bd (helicommand) to see if it has accelerometers?

i seen a pic posted before comparing the sensors to the futubas

it has mems gyros and what apeared to be 2 seperate accelerameters with partially scratched chips to avoid proper id of the chips.
fusionsx00 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-18-2013, 11:01 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you want to see how it works.. at least with a plane watch Flight tests latest..

I must say it was very impressive.. the landing and take off help is pretty game changing as they say.

I mean for lack of a better word it is like auto pilot and a bail out switch.

For a heli (I guess we could say heli commands save feature) but Blade doing this is pretty much going to change some things for sure.

I mean would you pay a extra 50 bucks to have a save button on a heli? I know I would.

(Based on the idea they cant market themselves out of decent costs)... just a thought.

To be honest.... I use both sites... HF for info and Heli stuff but Flight test for some funny and entertaining info -- (Sign up if you have not)... it is a fun place to see things as well.

BUT THIS IS SEEING a plane with it and in REAL LIFE use .... fun to watch too

[ame]http://youtu.be/b8H02ZaRjQU[/ame]
Mikado Logo 700/Synergy 516\Vbar Vcontrol Touch/Neo/RCHN #612 IRCHA#5289
Iskareot is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in