Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2013, 02:05 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo11 View Post
I'm a complete noob. Just bought my DX6i yesterday.

I updated the settings per the first post but was wondering if there is a way to make sure the switch to ability mode is only manualy done via the F.Mode switch. I'm not experienced enough to handle it switching between Agility and safe mode when I raise the throttle.

Any help here would be a life saver, er QX saver.
I'm not sure I completely understand your question, but maybe I can help. I guess first I will start with a small disclaimer, that we're messing with things that the manufacturer suggests we do differently, so there are some quirks of the system to be aware of. First, the F.Mode switch needs to rest in the "0" position. As long as you do not touch that switch, it should always start and stay in "Stability Mode"

As I re-read the first post, I realized that the wording used may have been unnecessarily specific in a way that could be confusing. While flying, or at rest on the ground, with Throttle Hold "off" the F.Mode switch will allow you to change modes. It's not necessary to be flying in order to use the switch, although the way I wrote the post does make it sound that way. So, in summary, any time TH is "off" so the QX could fly if you raised the throttle stick, the F.Mode switch will work to change mode, and there should be no unexpected mode changes during flight, or when using TH, as long as F.Mode rests in the "0" position, briefly visiting "1" when you want to change modes, and then back to "0"

If that is not true, then there may be some other settings to double-check. I know more than once I've had that thumb-wheel accidentally scroll a click or two on me and mess up my programming just enough to make it completely wrong.
jcmo is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2013, 02:19 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the note! i should clarify.

I have all switches set to 0, including D/R switches. When raising the throttle up (seems past 75%), the quad switches to Agility mode even though I don't manually make the switch.
voodoo11 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2013, 11:32 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by voodoo11 View Post
Thanks for the note! i should clarify.

I have all switches set to 0, including D/R switches. When raising the throttle up (seems past 75%), the quad switches to Agility mode even though I don't manually make the switch.
Hmmm, that's odd behavior. There are a couple possibilities related to Tx setup that could cause that. What we need to review are any settings related to Pitch. This will include Pitch Curve in Norm mode and Channel Reversing. The transmitter event which causes the change of flight mode is channel 6 (which maps to Pitch on a CP heli) pulsing from one extreme to the other and back. I think the threshold for the change is something like 75-80%

With this in mind, I wonder if you have a pitch curve programming glitch. If you can confirm that you have the pitch channel reversed, and all your pitch curves are
Norm 0-0-0-0-0
Stunt 80-80-80-80-80
Hold 0-0-0-0-0

That should either fix the issue, or we have a little more tracking to do..
Old 08-29-2013, 07:09 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi, new to this forum and quads in general. I have a nano qx and a dx6i and followed the settings on here. The nano lifts off but is not stable at all. As soon as it lifts off it moves all over the place. Any ideas on what might be wrong?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Eric
pnd4pnd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-29-2013, 09:08 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is the light blue or red? If it's red, that's agility mode, press the trainer button to switch it to blue, or stability mode.

If that's not it, make sure it's perfectly level when you plug in the battery until the light stops blinking. That calibrates the sensors to fix what "level" is. If it's tilted even a little bit, that's the way it will hover, and it doesn't take much tilt to make it zoom away in that direction.
Old 08-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes, the light is blue. Funny enough if i put it in agility mode, it hovers at least but very very touchy. In stability mode the yellow props spin much faster and it heads it that direction or with more throttle it wants to flip over.
pnd4pnd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-30-2013, 05:10 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pnd4pnd View Post
Yes, the light is blue. Funny enough if i put it in agility mode, it hovers at least but very very touchy. In stability mode the yellow props spin much faster and it heads it that direction or with more throttle it wants to flip over.
Sounds like a trim issue or off-level-at-initialization. I'd say make sure all trims are centered, then make sure when you plug it in, you instantly set it down on a perfectly level surface. If you don't get it set down before it initializes its gyro system, it will not properly learn what level "feels like" and will constantly make effort to find the angle it was being held at, rather than level, when you are off the sticks with your fingers.

I learned the the floor of my home was not level because of this same issue. Once you get it figured out, you can use trim to make it stand relatively still in the air in "blue" mode. Also, once you have the trims set, if you plug in battery and set it down in the same place, facing the same direction every time, you should not need to mess with your trims again.
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default These settings work with: JR 9303 TX

JCMO and others,

Thank you!!! These settings work well with my JR 9303 TX set up in heli mode, just wanted to pass the info on. Now if I can just train myself to be able to fly in "red" mode (Red mode is kicking my Butt) as well as flip the TH switch 2 times to activate, that would be great! This is a fun little quad!!!

Thanks again,
David.
skycop216 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2013, 01:50 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by skycop216 View Post
JCMO and others,

Thank you!!! These settings work well with my JR 9303 TX set up in heli mode, just wanted to pass the info on. Now if I can just train myself to be able to fly in "red" mode (Red mode is kicking my Butt) as well as flip the TH switch 2 times to activate, that would be great! This is a fun little quad!!!

Thanks again,
David.
I'm really glad this information has helped you. I hope you're having a great time flying this little buzzer around the house

I haven't ever laid eyes on a JR radio, being new to the hobby a couple years ago, and I know some Tx's have quirks that make setup a bit different from model to model. I cannot update the first post anymore, but I really appreciate your feedback. Hopefully others with your transmitter can find their way to your post using the search tools, and set up with confidence that they'll have a positive experience
Old 09-18-2013, 06:35 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just bought a QX yesterday and I love it!

Thanks for a lot for the profile settings!
SkyHawk52 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 09:30 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Heli profile vs. Acro profile

Hello everyone. I'm having a great time flying this little guy. I just thought I would pop in and see what the "Say" is about these on Heli-Freak. Noticing this sticky, I had a nice read and now am wondering what the benefit of using this profile are versus the "Acro" profile listed in the manual.
Mr_Dirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 AM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dirt View Post
Hello everyone. I'm having a great time flying this little guy. I just thought I would pop in and see what the "Say" is about these on Heli-Freak. Noticing this sticky, I had a nice read and now am wondering what the benefit of using this profile are versus the "Acro" profile listed in the manual.
It helps those who are a little OCD feel better about seeing a heli-type icon on the screen, and more importantly allows use of the Throttle Hold switch to cut power to the props in emergencies as many of us have become accustomed to on our other helis.

If you are training to fly CP helis eventually, learning to hit TH rather than dumping throttle on the left stick is a MUST to avoid serious crash damage. The Nano QX in "Red Mode" flies a lot like the way FBL systems on CP helis react to controls, with exception of no possibility of inverted flight in the normal configuration. I have seen where someone mounted everything the right way to fly a Nano QX upside down, but it required reconfiguration of the hardware to fly right side up again.

Also, because many of us have tuned heli profile settings for ourselves before and understand our preferences on other birds, having everything display consistent with the familiar terms is nice too, IE 'pitch' channel vs 'gear' on the relevant screens, among some other things I am not remembering right now.

There also seems to be some rivalry between heli and airplane pilots out there in r/c land like skaters and snowboarders or cats and dogs. Some heli pilots may experience symptoms of feeling physically ill having something programmed as a fixed wing in their Tx
Old 09-26-2013, 10:25 AM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcmo View Post
It helps those who are a little OCD feel better about seeing a heli-type icon on the screen, and more importantly allows use of the Throttle Hold switch to cut power to the props in emergencies as many of us have become accustomed to on our other helis.

If you are training to fly CP helis eventually, learning to hit TH rather than dumping throttle on the left stick is a MUST to avoid serious crash damage. The Nano QX in "Red Mode" flies a lot like the way FBL systems on CP helis react to controls, with exception of no possibility of inverted flight in the normal configuration. I have seen where someone mounted everything the right way to fly a Nano QX upside down, but it required reconfiguration of the hardware to fly right side up again.

Also, because many of us have tuned heli profile settings for ourselves before and understand our preferences on other birds, having everything display consistent with the familiar terms is nice too, IE 'pitch' channel vs 'gear' on the relevant screens, among some other things I am not remembering right now.

There also seems to be some rivalry between heli and airplane pilots out there in r/c land like skaters and snowboarders or cats and dogs. Some heli pilots may experience symptoms of feeling physically ill having something programmed as a fixed wing in their Tx
LOL OK. When I first read the manual and it stated that the ACRO model should be used I was a little like "what the...."

I always start with what "they" say the correct settings are then tweak from there. I'll give theses a try. I'm really liking this little bird. Thanks for getting back.
Mr_Dirt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2013, 05:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr_Dirt View Post
An advantage of "Acro" profile is that on many Tx's, it is easier to set-up than a "Heli" profile, which is probably why the manual uses "Acro". Also, some simpler Tx's (like mine) only have the equivalent of "Acro" and do not have "Heli". Note that "Acro" mode is often used to fly FP heli's for similar reasons.

As mentioned above, an advantage of using "Heli" is that one can use throttle hold (may also be present for "Acro" on some Tx's, but usually, "Heli" mode will have it).
Another advantage is that if one wants to tweak the throttle curve, "Heli" mode will usually let you do this, while in many Tx's, "Acro" mode just sticks with a linear throttle curve.
flying-llama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2013, 07:38 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

I received my Nano QX today and was, as usual, trying to decipher the DX6i settings suggested in the manual...without success. I just wanted to fly. So I came here and, as usual, found exactly what I needed. Many, many thanks for the time you folks invest in providing wisdom to grasshoppers like me.

Last edited by loftonharris; 12-11-2013 at 07:40 PM.. Reason: bad grammar
loftonharris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-26-2013, 03:27 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks for the hard work

Hey, I got a Blade Nano QX and a Spektrum Dx6i yesterday. I'm an absolute n00b, and searched the web to find how to make all, you know... work. I came across this thread, which is _exactly_ what I had been looking for. Thanks very much! I carefully followed your recipe and everything is working great.
JohnYoung is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 10:26 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long time since my last visit - glad to hear everyone's still having fun! I got to help a friend set up his DX7 the other day, WOW that is a different beast. I had no real trouble migrating these settings to DX8, but the DX7 kept me guessing for a few minutes before I figured out where to put all this stuff in.
Old 01-01-2014, 10:29 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for all the testing of settings, I will be setting my nano up with these tomorrow, as a plane on the screen is just not right. Having a blast with this little beast.
joneskgj is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-03-2014, 05:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

@jcmo I just bought qx the other day and yes it is odd to see on the screen the acro icon and your flying a copter

I tried your settings just now and there - right now, I leaning to fly my nano qx than my nano CPx.

Thank you very much. I'd like to believe that Blade already read and tested your settings
Nabart3k is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

@Nabart3k and joneskgj, thank you. I am just a geek who occasionally has too much time on his hands. In the process, I learned a lot about my transmitter, channel assignments, and how far I can push the NanoQX.

I'm a huge fan of this little quad! I'm glad you like yours too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.