Nano QX dx6i "Heli" Profile - Page 6 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > nano QX

nano QX Blade nano QX Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-17-2015, 05:41 PM   #101 (permalink)
Registered Users

I realize this is old thread, but I haven't been able to find the answer to this question.

TLR - I want to be in HI rate stability and LO rate Agility.

I am not trying to switch from Stability to Agility so much as switch from LO Rate to Hi Rate. Is there a switch with these setting to switch them?

I like to run HI Rate in stability mode and LO Rate in Agility mode while warming up before going HI Rate in Agility mode.

Thanks
joshtbuff is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-20-2015, 01:01 PM   #102 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtbuff View Post
I realize this is old thread, but I haven't been able to find the answer to this question.

TLR - I want to be in HI rate stability and LO rate Agility.

I am not trying to switch from Stability to Agility so much as switch from LO Rate to Hi Rate. Is there a switch with these setting to switch them?

I like to run HI Rate in stability mode and LO Rate in Agility mode while warming up before going HI Rate in Agility mode.

Thanks
One way to switch between LO and HI rates is to use the D/R (dual rate) switch(es), putting the LO rates on one switch setting and HI rates on the other switch setting (web browser searches on "spektrum dx6i dual rate settings" seems to get videos on how to do this).
Another way to switch is to use "IDLE-UP" switch in helicopter mode: have the LO rates in not IDLE-UP and HI rates on IDLE-UP (or vice-versa).
flying-llama is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2015, 02:44 PM   #103 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got that part figured out nicely. I just now cannot get it into agility mode. I can't get the red light to come on even after flipping the Flap/Gyro switch down and then up again. It just stays blue all the time.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:24 AM   #104 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... I just now cannot get it into agility mode. I can't get the red light to come on even after flipping the Flap/Gyro switch down and then up again. It just stays blue all the time.
Depending on how you set the Flap/Gyro switch, you may need to flip it up and then down for the mode to change to agility.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:15 AM   #105 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by flying-llama View Post
Depending on how you set the Flap/Gyro switch, you may need to flip it up and then down for the mode to change to agility.
I don't know what I need to set up to make this the case. I followed the steps on page one of this thread, but that switch has no effect on my quad. The light just stays blue all the time.
Old 07-21-2015, 02:54 PM   #106 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
... I just now cannot get it into agility mode. I can't get the red light to come on even after flipping the Flap/Gyro switch down and then up again. It just stays blue all the time.
Quote:
I don't know what I need to set up to make this the case. I followed the steps on page one of this thread, but that switch has no effect on my quad. The light just stays blue all the time.
Post 1 says that with its settings use the F Mode/IU switch to change modes, NOT the Gyro/Flap switch. From Post 1:

"With these settings, toggling the F.Mode / IU switch is what changes between "stability" and "agility" mode, rather than the Gyro/Flap switch per the instructions in the manual. The reason for this is that receiver channel 6 on an airplane is used for Flaps on wings, and on a heli, it's used for Pitch on the main blades.

While flying, the F Mode switch should remain in the "0" position, and flipping to "1" and back to "0" will perform the mode change."
Old 07-21-2015, 05:46 PM   #107 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Post 1 says that with its settings use the F Mode/IU switch to change modes, NOT the Gyro/Flap switch. From Post 1:

"With these settings, toggling the F.Mode / IU switch is what changes between "stability" and "agility" mode, rather than the Gyro/Flap switch per the instructions in the manual. The reason for this is that receiver channel 6 on an airplane is used for Flaps on wings, and on a heli, it's used for Pitch on the main blades.

While flying, the F Mode switch should remain in the "0" position, and flipping to "1" and back to "0" will perform the mode change."
FIipping the F mode switch also doesn't change to agility mode. None of the switches when flipped from 0 to 1 changes it to agility.
Old 07-21-2015, 11:03 PM   #108 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
FIipping the F mode switch also doesn't change to agility mode. None of the switches when flipped from 0 to 1 changes it to agility.
Did you switch it from 0 to 1 and then back to 0 again?
The nano QX is weird in that way: changing modes involves flipping some channel from off to on and then back to off again (or vice-versa, I forget which): just switching from off to on (or vice-versa) by itself will not switch modes (and from what I have read, will also sometimes even cause a loss of aileron and elevator control).
I believe that this weirdness stems from that little RTF Tx that a nano Qx can come with: on that Tx, channel 6 is controlled by a spring loaded momentary contact switch.
Old 07-22-2015, 06:52 AM   #109 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Did you switch it from 0 to 1 and then back to 0 again?
The nano QX is weird in that way: changing modes involves flipping some channel from off to on and then back to off again (or vice-versa, I forget which): just switching from off to on (or vice-versa) by itself will not switch modes (and from what I have read, will also sometimes even cause a loss of aileron and elevator control).
I believe that this weirdness stems from that little RTF Tx that a nano Qx can come with: on that Tx, channel 6 is controlled by a spring loaded momentary contact switch.
I did flip it on the off again. I flipped every switch on then off again. Somehow it's not a switch when I'm in this helicopter mode. It's slightly frustrating. I guess I'll go back to acro (plane) mode
Old 07-22-2015, 08:43 AM   #110 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you go into the REVERSE menu and set pitch or R?

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #111 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfloyd View Post
Did you go into the REVERSE menu and set pitch or R?

Yes it is set to R. If I flip the TH hold switch it kills the throttle. That may be the case for everyone, but didn't know if it would help somehow.
Old 07-29-2015, 08:39 PM   #112 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't use the TH switch. Use the flap/gyro switch.

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-17-2015, 11:39 PM   #113 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I did flip it on the off again. I flipped every switch on then off again. Somehow it's not a switch when I'm in this helicopter mode. It's slightly frustrating. I guess I'll go back to acro (plane) mode
In the pitch curve menu set the STUNT pitch to 90% across all throttle ranges. When mine was at 80% I was unable to get it into agility mode. Just had to boost the AUX signal a bit.
Stranger25 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-10-2015, 01:29 AM   #114 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just set up my Nano using the setting in the first post but could not get the F Mode switch working to change between stability and normal modes.

Changed the Pitch channel back to N and it's all working great now.

Mine is a stock Nano QX (not the FPV version).

Thanks for posting the settings.
mattltm is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-22-2015, 08:27 PM   #115 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Agility mode setup on jr 9303

How do I setup Agiliry mode on my jr 9303 for my Nano QX FPV. The manual says to use aux1 but I can't find aux 1 on any menus in the JR 9303.

Anyone??
johnnyo7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-23-2015, 01:42 PM   #116 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyo7 View Post
How do I setup Agiliry mode on my jr 9303 for my Nano QX FPV. The manual says to use aux1 but I can't find aux 1 on any menus in the JR 9303.
My memory is that the Nano QX uses channel 6 to switch modes.
And you need to toggle that channel (off-on-off or on-off-on, I forget which) to change modes.
Also, if you toggle the wrong way, you can lock out cyclic control, so be careful when trying things.
Old 01-21-2016, 11:15 PM   #117 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

I had the same issue with a Jan. 2016 Nano QX. After trying the settings here and several others shown on the web, I went back to Acro mode and watched what Chan. 6 does in the TX 'monitor' mode. On my DX6i in Acro mode, where the gyro switch successfully switches stability/agility, the Chan. 6 slider moves from 60% to 50% when switching to on. I then set up a heli profile as shown in this thread (switching to agility doesn't work as shown), then set the pitch curve to be constant at 60% at F0 and to be constant at 50% at F1. I then found that setting the TH pitch curve to be constant at 60% makes TH not affect stability/agility, and the Flight Mode switch switches between stability/agility as described here.

I also noticed that if I set the F0 pitch to be 65% instead of 60%, switching between stability/agility doesn't work. This seems much more sensitive than using 0% and 80% for pitch settings as shown here. For some reason my setup is different than others. In any case, the solution was to watch what happens on Ch. 6 in Acro mode, then make the same thing happen on Ch. 6 in Heli mode.
helifixing is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2017, 05:22 AM   #118 (permalink)
Registered Users

Why would you want to use toggling the f-mode over using the push button to switch from stability to agility mode?
Richiejm3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 02:35 PM   #119 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richiejm3 View Post
Why would you want to use toggling the f-mode over using the push button to switch from stability to agility mode?
For those flying multiple models, using F MODE on a DX6i is the typical way to select between an easy mode and an aggressive mode.

If by "push button" you are referring to the spring loaded momentary switch that flying_lama mentioned in his 2015 post, note that he's referring to the low-end TX that comes with the RTF version of the nano TX. The only push button switch on a DX6i is Throttle Cut, and I doubt using it is an option. So, on the DX6i some toggle switch has to be made to look like a momentary switch by changing its position and then flipping it back.

My NanoQX hasn't arrived yet, but if it works I'd far prefer using FMODE over Blade's suggestion of the FLAP/GYRO toggle switch.
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-09-2017, 02:48 PM   #120 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibus View Post
For those flying multiple models, using F MODE on a DX6i is the typical way to select between an easy mode and an aggressive mode.

If by "push button" you are referring to the spring loaded momentary switch that flying_lama mentioned in his 2015 post, note that he's referring to the low-end TX that comes with the RTF version of the nano TX. The only push button switch on a DX6i is Throttle Cut, and I doubt using it is an option. So, on the DX6i some toggle switch has to be made to look like a momentary switch by changing its position and then flipping it back.

My NanoQX hasn't arrived yet, but if it works I'd far prefer using FMODE over Blade's suggestion of the FLAP/GYRO toggle switch.
Exactly helibus. I had not flown mine since 2015. I had previously used the small low end to that I got with one of my mcpx's. I switched over to a dx6i I had around over the holidays to fly it again. The setup in the sticky works great and f-mode does control the stability/agility functions. The things are a blast inside in the winter.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.