Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-29-2013, 10:16 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default So this is what a twisted head/hub looks like?

I ordered a bunch of parts for my 450X after a crash early last week, and I am just now getting around to fixing it. Ordered the parts I thought I needed before I went on a trip to Vegas. Feathering spindle was bent, blades toast, stripped a servo, wasn't sure about the main shaft so ordered a pair of those too. Also ordered some linkage rods, ball links, and thrust bearings and main grips just in case.

As I went through the rebuild work, I installed the feathering spindle and went to install the links from the grips to the swash. That's when I noticed the swash balls were rotated about 20-25 degrees relative to the balls on the grips. WTF? That's when I pulled the hub off and saw this...

I never noticed this until I tried to install the links. I actually second guessed my original parts order and added the main shafts (and it does look like it was bent slightly). I thought I might need the hub, but when I looked at the heli at the time it all looked OK.

So are there any other options for this part? It does seem incredibly weak at that attachment point.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-29 22.15.47.jpg
Views:	571
Size:	73.5 KB
ID:	431985   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-29 22.35.09.jpg
Views:	444
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	431986   Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-06-29 22.35.46.jpg
Views:	448
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	431987  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-29-2013, 10:36 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, this is my biggest annoyance with the 450X.

Every single crash I do a headblock (even if I hit TH with plenty of time) so I stocked up long ago as they were only $20 a pop.

IMHO, it's needlessly weak and doesn't protect a single part of the heli. You still do spindles and main shafts and main gears etc.

The 500X headblock in the same fragile design...hmm...
Old 06-29-2013, 10:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks - I wish they were still $20. Looks like about $28 basically everywhere...
Old 06-30-2013, 08:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The LHS in Ottawa wants $30 for the head block. They are selling the 450x for $530.
My 450x is great and was excellent value at Amains' blow out price. But the longer I am in this hobby the more reasons I find to move away from Blade helis.

Is there a stronger after market head block available?
wab223 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 10:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiff72 View Post
Thanks - I wish they were still $20. Looks like about $28 basically everywhere...
Hobby-on sells them for $17 for member but shipping is $10 but they do have real cheap prices. Check them out.
vronny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 01:12 PM   #6 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Hobby-on sells them for $17 for member but shipping is $10 but they do have real cheap prices. Check them out.
I can get it on Amazon right now for $27.99 with free shipping and no sales tax. No membership required other than a free account sign-up.
helifanatic99 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifanatic99 View Post
I can get it on Amazon right now for $27.99 with free shipping and no sales tax. No membership required other than a free account sign-up.
Member just requires signing up. But there parts are cheap than hopmeup.
Old 06-30-2013, 02:31 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Member just requires signing up. But there parts are cheap than hopmeup.
Good to know and I'll have to bookmark them. Hopefully, they won't charge sales tax as Arizona is getting tough on that with internet sales.
Old 06-30-2013, 04:59 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

I already ordered the head block from amain, but I have bookmarked hobby-on - they do seem to have pretty good pricing, but I haven't gone through the process of finding out shipping costs. It might be worthwhile if I was placing an order for a lot of parts! Their canopies are about $10 for the stockers.
Old 06-30-2013, 05:37 PM   #10 (permalink)

I signed up for an account earlier and checked. $17.49 for the head block. Not bat at all, and free shipping over $99. It adds up fast and $10 isn't that much anyway if you have a good sized order. Thanks for the recommendation!

But, they don't have a lot of parts listed for the 450X, though. Not a single tail part, boom, belt, etc. No frame or skids listed, either.
Old 06-30-2013, 10:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helifanatic99 View Post
I signed up for an account earlier and checked. $17.49 for the head block. Not bat at all, and free shipping over $99. It adds up fast and $10 isn't that much anyway if you have a good sized order. Thanks for the recommendation!

But, they don't have a lot of parts listed for the 450X, though. Not a single tail part, boom, belt, etc. No frame or skids listed, either.
Don't the 450 3D & 450x share some the same parts try that. They also good prices on heli like 500X & 550X. Most the time I was ordering for 300X parts.
Old 06-30-2013, 11:53 PM   #12 (permalink)

Quote:
Don't the 450 3D & 450x share some the same parts try that.
Ah, yes. Excellent point and they share much more than just "some of the same parts". The 450 3D and 450X are EXACTLY the same heli, mechanically, from the swashplate (including the swashplate) down. Only the mainshaft and head assembly are different. All of the rest of the mechanics, frame, skids, etc are exactly the same. Even the canopies are interchangeable.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in