Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2013, 02:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Unstable rpm vBar Nitro-Gov;

Hi. I am on my first Nitro (Rex 600 Pro) and am having problems setting up the Gov Once I got my head around how to setup Nitro-Gov I believe the setup is basically fine. The problem is it will not keep steady rpm during hovering.
Started up with default Gov-gain at 60 and ended up with severe throttle-pumping (appr 6 seconds interval). After backing off gain to 55 it was better but not steady. Tried lower gain but no improvement. Still the same throttle-pumping frequence but with less amplitude.
Now, What about the P, I and D-settings? What do these parameters actually do?
What do you guys recommend?
MatteJ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-18-2013, 04:57 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Any sensor glitch errors in the log?
If so, power the governor sensor from another port.
Some sensors do not work correctly from the governor port as it only supplies 3.3v.
Move the red and black wires from the governor sensor to another port.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4 Beta
Old 07-18-2013, 11:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

No sensor glitches, Gov is working "OK" but overshoots on both acceleration and deceleration hence the pumping rpm. I Think some PID-tweaking might be what's needed here but dont know where to start.....
Old 07-18-2013, 01:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

(I posted on this earlier, If you want a little more information check my previous post) I have an Align sensor and experienced the same trouble you are having. If you wire the positive lead of the sensor to a spare servo port (as long as everything else is OK) your governor will function correctly. Also you had better check your clutch liner. After the throttle pumping incident mine was completely gone.
mdz12345 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2013, 02:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great tip!
I don't know what sensor is installed as I bought the heli second hand. I will try moving the positive lead anyway, can't hurt (can it)?
Old 07-19-2013, 08:50 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

No, it shouldn't make any difference. Most sensors have a voltage range that includes standard receiver voltage ranges (4.8-6 volts). The Align sensor's voltage range as specified in the manual is 3.5 to 8.4 volts. As mentioned in the previous post the Vbar only puts out 3.3v, .2 volts under the Align specification. Although many people report the Align sensor functions correctly using 3.3 volts, I can confirm this is not true in all cases. I think one should consider that although the sensor may work on 3.3 volts, it will work on 4.8 or 6 volts (all things being set up properly). The only lead you need to reroute is the center (positive) lead of the sensor. I removed the center lead from the sensor connector, inserted it into a new servo connector, and plugged it into the servo port just above the sensor II port. (My Vbar is a full size Silverline.)
Old 07-29-2013, 01:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI guys,I am just about to set up the Gov. on my nitro and I was wondering if a really need to swap the red and black wires as recommended in the Manual?? I will though connect the positive lead to one of the available channels in the unit.I read about the difference in voltage could be a problem.Please let me know.Thanks.BTW the colors on the sensor connector matched the colors on the v bar unit thats why i am asking..
NAFEAR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-29-2013, 02:53 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are using an Align magnetic sensor than definitely yes. The Align sensor's color code is backwards. If you measure the voltage on the Gov port on the 3GX controller you will find the black lead is the positive feed for the sensor and red is ground (negative).
Old 07-29-2013, 03:37 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

I see.Thanks a bunch for the info.
NAFEAR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
gov, nitro, vbar

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in