Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X


Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2013, 09:46 PM   #21 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1S View Post
Kilo Xray, that is an awesome canopy, where did you get it?

Direct from Canomod.
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.

Last edited by KiloXray; 09-22-2013 at 10:28 PM..
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 09-18-2013, 12:31 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 290
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Temptation View Post
Have you had any problems with slop with the lynx dampers? I'm running them but don't like the slop they have.
Dont know how you all have that slop? The dampers are to have NO slope and to be ridgid.
Do you use the stock washers?
__________________
full 2s/3s mcpx , 450x 4s BLHeli, Rex500/550 stretch BLHeli TARANIS
Diablol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 08:44 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Hey Lynx... any ETA on the stretch? How did the test flight go?
__________________
450x- w/ sk3 4300 motor, Yep 100
X7- iKon, 850MX 12s, Yep 180
X7f- iKon, Xnova 4535-460 14s, YGE 320
Gaui x7 14s yge320 072515 (2 min 5 sec)
fastblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 05:00 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,308
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade View Post
Hey Lynx... any ETA on the stretch? How did the test flight go?
Still in development right now. Luca will have to give you the ETA of production. There are still many other 450X upgrades in the making right now.
__________________
OXY Heli and Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
SilentDRC.net -The Order of Brushless Witnesses

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2013, 05:34 PM   #25 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSPI View Post
Still in development right now. Luca will have to give you the ETA of production. There are still many other 450X upgrades in the making right now.
I'd like to see a Lynx frame before a stretch kit. I can make a stretch kit. I can't make a frame.
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 07:18 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I'd like to see a Lynx frame before a stretch kit. I can make a stretch kit. I can't make a frame.
That is more than less a whole redesign.... I've been thinking about doing it over winter (full access to cad) just for fun (maybe more) and have a local shop CNC router it for me (see how many frames I get out of a sheet)...... Then again I've been thinking about that for my other 2 birds also... Just gotta pick one now....... but since I just pancaked my X5 into concrete.. That might be the one... Finally 20+ years of automotive engineering might come in handy....
__________________
450x- w/ sk3 4300 motor, Yep 100
X7- iKon, 850MX 12s, Yep 180
X7f- iKon, Xnova 4535-460 14s, YGE 320
Gaui x7 14s yge320 072515 (2 min 5 sec)
fastblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 08:07 PM   #27 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade View Post
That is more than less a whole redesign.... I've been thinking about doing it over winter (full access to cad) just for fun (maybe more) and have a local shop CNC router it for me (see how many frames I get out of a sheet)...... Then again I've been thinking about that for my other 2 birds also... Just gotta pick one now....... but since I just pancaked my X5 into concrete.. That might be the one... Finally 20+ years of automotive engineering might come in handy....
Good luck with that. I dont have the skills or the tools to do that. Well. maybe the ingenuity.

Lynx has already put together a 300x frame. I would think that that basic design would work perectly for the 450x also. Just would have to make size adjustments and a few minor details. Overall though, I don't think it is a far stretch to do the 450x frame now that he 300x is done.
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 08:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Didn't know they had one... I'll check it out... Laying out a carbon fiber frame in Cad is really just time consuming... Doing the X5 wouldn't be that tough.. It has basically all the cross supports done. Just redesign the areas that need it the most.. I'm sure there is a Blade 450X V2 coming soon... It's about that time.... Same for the 130X.... Right now I just want the stretch kit for the 450x... After seeing the video of the stretch.. I'm ready to do it. It's just getting the right length belt for it and cutt'in some tubing and drill it for holes... Only a few more weeks before it gets to cold for me.. MIght have to do it myself if they don't hurry UP!.... (just kidding)... setting up manufactoring takes a little time.....
__________________
450x- w/ sk3 4300 motor, Yep 100
X7- iKon, 850MX 12s, Yep 180
X7f- iKon, Xnova 4535-460 14s, YGE 320
Gaui x7 14s yge320 072515 (2 min 5 sec)
fastblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 09:14 PM   #29 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastblade View Post
Didn't know they had one... I'll check it out... Laying out a carbon fiber frame in Cad is really just time consuming... Doing the X5 wouldn't be that tough.. It has basically all the cross supports done. Just redesign the areas that need it the most.. I'm sure there is a Blade 450X V2 coming soon... It's about that time.... Same for the 130X.... Right now I just want the stretch kit for the 450x... After seeing the video of the stretch.. I'm ready to do it. It's just getting the right length belt for it and cutt'in some tubing and drill it for holes... Only a few more weeks before it gets to cold for me.. MIght have to do it myself if they don't hurry UP!.... (just kidding)... setting up manufactoring takes a little time.....
Yeh the Lynx 300 frame looks like it is going to be great. Luca said that we should see it for sale in mid october.

The tarot 450L belt is the one that Diabol is using. I am still considering doing the stretch. I am hesitant though because I am not sure if it really worth the extra 5-7cm of rotor span. Seems negligible, especially with the limited blade selection at that length.

I'm not unhappy with my 450x's performance, so part of me thinks that why mess with what works well for me.
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,308
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I'd like to see a Lynx frame before a stretch kit. I can make a stretch kit. I can't make a frame.
Request is noted.
__________________
OXY Heli and Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
SilentDRC.net -The Order of Brushless Witnesses

GSPI is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 12:40 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Mar 2013
Default

Just took a look... It's nice for the 300x... For the 450X though it would have to accept 6s and be the stretch at the same time.... That would be nice... Basically a new heli.....
__________________
450x- w/ sk3 4300 motor, Yep 100
X7- iKon, 850MX 12s, Yep 180
X7f- iKon, Xnova 4535-460 14s, YGE 320
Gaui x7 14s yge320 072515 (2 min 5 sec)
fastblade is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 02:16 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 2,017
 

Join Date: Jan 2008
Default Re: STRETCHING the Blade 450 X

X the 450 we already start the concept design and will be completly different of 300x. I know very well the power we will load on a ultra 450 stretch 350mm mb.. than concept need be little strong compare 300x.
I used already this new concept design in the past for t rex 450 but I never go to production. Luckly I never show before than no one already get similar idea.. now is time to give that design the push to be release.
I dont wont rush too much but will the frame you looking for .. different.. nice.. lightweight.. strong.. 3 and 6s compatible std lenght or stretch...


Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
Luca Invernizzi
Lynx Heli Innovations
OXY HELI
ininverno is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 06:33 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 7,634
 
My HF Map location
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default



Sounds good ininverno. Sounds like a few issue points have been fixed. bet the skid mounts are stronger also. Nothing more aggravating than a frame swop just for a busted skid mount. I know there are mods and cheats to fix it but you shouldn't have to.

RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-27-2013, 09:32 AM   #34 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ininverno View Post
X the 450 we already start the concept design and will be completly different of 300x. I know very well the power we will load on a ultra 450 stretch 350mm mb.. than concept need be little strong compare 300x.
I used already this new concept design in the past for t rex 450 but I never go to production. Luckly I never show before than no one already get similar idea.. now is time to give that design the push to be release.
I dont wont rush too much but will the frame you looking for .. different.. nice.. lightweight.. strong.. 3 and 6s compatible std lenght or stretch...


Sent from my GT-I9500 using Tapatalk 2
This is awsome news! You guys are doing great work. Take your time, but likely count me in when it does come out.
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-30-2013, 07:31 PM   #35 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Diabol, what head speeds are you running with the stretch kit. I assume you are running a governor. Seems like we could lower the head speed with the stretch kit.
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 03:08 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 290
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

1700 rpm are still easy to fly but adrenalin raises from 3000 rpm
Stretch Blade 450 XM (4 min 35 sec)
__________________
full 2s/3s mcpx , 450x 4s BLHeli, Rex500/550 stretch BLHeli TARANIS
Diablol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 05:00 AM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 3,502
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Please produce the 450X stretch kit first!!

Boom, belt and pitch rod. All we need to run the new breed of 360mm blades from Align!

__________________
12S 4035-500 Gaui X5 Formula VBar, 6S 2520-1880 Gaui X3 AR7200BX, Phantom 3 Professional
FailureToFly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2013, 05:08 AM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 290
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

Quote:
Please produce the 450X stretch kit first!!
What do you mean? Who wants to produce it?

Quote:
Boom, belt and pitch rod. All we need to run the new breed of 360mm blades from Align!
Thats what we all wait for, isnt it? But dont tell your motor^^

__________________
full 2s/3s mcpx , 450x 4s BLHeli, Rex500/550 stretch BLHeli TARANIS
Diablol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 12:29 AM   #39 (permalink)
The Airetic
 
Posts: 9,372
 

Join Date: Nov 2012
Default

Well, I stretched this puppy tonight. Everything went together easy as pie. Thanks to Diabol for good boom lengths and ideas. I made mine from carbon, and I am running the Lynx 350mm mains. That Tarot 453T tail belt works perfectly.

Hopefully I will get to fly this weekend. Ill probably do a little hover work tomorrow, but wont get to stretch her legs until the weekend.

First world problems that I had not considered. Now my 450x does not fit in it's case! Shit!
__________________
Free Agent....With standalone opinions.
KiloXray is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-17-2013, 12:57 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 290
Thread Starter Thread Starter
 

Join Date: Mar 2012
Default

nice to hear

btw I currently run the real 360mm blades from Align 450 L Rex

Just pop unlimited
__________________
full 2s/3s mcpx , 450x 4s BLHeli, Rex500/550 stretch BLHeli TARANIS
Diablol is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Tags
450x, radix, stretch




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2021 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1