Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2013, 11:53 AM   #61 (permalink)
The Airetic

After having done some research, it turns out that Castle recommends that (when installed on a heli) you set the Current Limiting to "Insensitive". On the Edge 50, that is the 80A setting. Apparently sometimes with heli you can get super high spikes that are so short, that the data logger does not even pick them up.

I'm going to go ahead and do that. Should solve the issue.
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2013, 03:07 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great tread, thx guys!
DX8, Phoenix
SHYguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2013, 07:17 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

hey kilo any links for the cf and belt please, thinking about stretching it. its the only thing left to do, thanks
pert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2013, 07:23 PM   #64 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pert View Post
hey kilo any links for the cf and belt please, thinking about stretching it. its the only thing left to do, thanks
Ask and ye shall receive:

14mmOD x 12mm ID CF Tube

I used this Tarot 453T Tail Belt. I got it from the place in the link, but I'm sure you could find it in other places.

Good luck!! I still haven't gotten a chance to really fly it with the stretch. I'm hoping for tomorrow.
Old 10-20-2013, 02:40 PM   #65 (permalink)
The Airetic

I got a handful of flights in on the 450X-L today. I must say it's

I absolutely love it. The heli feels more direct to me now. I'm not that good at explaining this, but it feels like there is less lag from command to execution. I like that very much. I am really very happy with this right now.

I did most of my flying at 3000rpm governed. I do need to adjust Parameters Step D though. My tail was stalling at the 9 o clock position and then whipping around while doing CW FFF piros. It was not as bad with CCW FFF piros.

Other than that, this thing is MONEY.
Old 10-20-2013, 07:41 PM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Thumbs up

thanks. going to order now.
Old 11-04-2013, 02:04 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just ordered stretch stuff... found this boom material, it's woven which should be good for a boom:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/14mm-12mm-Ca...item3ccc17f682

best belt price I found w/shipping:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Tarot-453T-L...item3f2453b26d
Centurian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-04-2013, 07:57 AM   #68 (permalink)
The Airetic

That stuff does look nice, but its SUPER expensive. You will only get one boom out of that 500mm tube, so $23 plus shipping for one? eek. If you can settle for the plain grey graphite look, you can get a 1000mm tube for $18 at RC Foam, and have 2 of them for less money.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:38 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
That stuff does look nice, but its SUPER expensive. You will only get one boom out of that 500mm tube, so $23 plus shipping for one? eek. If you can settle for the plain grey graphite look, you can get a 1000mm tube for $18 at RC Foam, and have 2 of them for less money.
the priced is shipped for 2 pcs 500mm long.. not sure what the rc foam stuff is shipped. Woven material is much better for a boom, so we'll see.

Really looking fwd to the strech. The 450x is light and floaty stock, the stretch should fly waaaay awesome. Ordered a 6s motor and esc for my NIB 450 and stretch stuff from my 300x last night as well.

Any recommendations on cutting the slots in the front of the boom? Looks like it's gonna be a bit fussy.
Old 11-04-2013, 01:43 PM   #70 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Centurian View Post
the priced is shipped for 2 pcs 500mm long.. not sure what the rc foam stuff is shipped. Woven material is much better for a boom, so we'll see.

Really looking fwd to the strech. The 450x is light and floaty stock, the stretch should fly waaaay awesome. Ordered a 6s motor and esc for my NIB 450 and stretch stuff from my 300x last night as well.

Any recommendations on cutting the slots in the front of the boom? Looks like it's gonna be a bit fussy.
Ah, 2 pieces. Thats a decent deal then. And the weave does look swanky. I love flying mine strecthed. I did dial down the headspeed by about 200 rpm. Im flying it governed at 3000 most of the time now. The feel is great.

Checkout this thread about how I made my boom.
Old 11-17-2013, 03:09 PM   #71 (permalink)
The Airetic

Well, as my move draws nearer, I really had to start thinking about getting the 450X-L into her case.

I trimmed out some foam and with the canopy off I can still get her in the Blade case. The canopies fit under the heli in the radio recess. I carry my radio in its own box anyway, so this is just fine. Crisis averted!

Old 11-17-2013, 09:08 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was wondering if these " L's " would still fit the 450 case.
There you have it, nice !

Canno canopy cover maybe in order ?
Old 11-21-2013, 06:54 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Cool

I flew with 1300 rpm today..with a 450X L...1300rpm.. crazy hah.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:37 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question

can you swing 353 mm blades with the setup you have kilo? I know there as hard to find as hens teeth. but found some edge 353 mm in canada, seems this size blades are hard to find instock,with the sale of helis that can swing them. and reading lynx site makes me think they are pushing there blades with there kits, just wonderig if the 353 mm will work or the sab 360? thanks for any input
Old 11-21-2013, 07:48 AM   #75 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by pert View Post
can you swing 353 mm blades with the setup you have kilo? I know there as hard to find as hens teeth. but found some edge 353 mm in canada, seems this size blades are hard to find instock,with the sale of helis that can swing them. and reading lynx site makes me think they are pushing there blades with there kits, just wonderig if the 353 mm will work or the sab 360? thanks for any input
Definitely. I think you could run up to probably 375mm with the tail at this length with no issue. I added 5cm to the tail, so adding 5cm worth of blade length should be fine as well.

FWIW, I am pretty sure the Lynx stretch kits that will be out one of these days are using a boom length that is 2-3cm longer than stock. They made them just big enough to clear their 350mm blades.
Old 11-21-2013, 08:33 AM   #76 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diablol View Post
I flew with 1300 rpm today..with a 450X L...1300rpm.. crazy hah.
Thats actually really cool. I was thinking about starting to flight test with lower and lower headspeeds.

Seems there is a whole movement of guys on the bigger 12S helis that run them on 6S and drop the headspeed down and are getting insanely long flight times. I recently became interested in this as a possibility for my next build.

There are guys that are running 600 class machines as low as 1000rpm, and getting like 15+ min flight times! Matt Botos (Synergy/Rail Blades) is one of them. You should check out some of the videos he has made. There was a guy a couple years ago who was doing research on this and got over 30 mins on a Logo 600. I think he called it the Efficient Flight Project (EFP).

Interesting reading: http://rc.runryder.com/helicopter/t596284p1/

Slow Motion 101 (10 min 22 sec)
Old 11-21-2013, 10:43 AM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thats what it looks like . you would have to use 50 mm blades. with there kit if it ever comes. you would of thought they would have started upgrades on the 450x first. being its been out for a while, time wasted upgrading that 130x guess thats a money maker for all after market company .& the 300x
Old 11-25-2013, 08:32 AM   #78 (permalink)
The Airetic

For those of you who don't want to make your own, there is now an alternative.

Check out the Lynx 450X Stretch Kit thread.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:23 AM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
For those of you who don't want to make your own, there is now an alternative.

Check out the Lynx 450X Stretch Kit thread.
Great for guys like me also. People that want to, but don't have the correct style workspace, tools or resources. I have to check into this for the mod monster.
RichKnapp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-28-2013, 06:12 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 450xXL dominaTRIX

Welp, stuck thousands of miles from home for the holiday, what's a boy to do? I decided to stretch & stuff a bird, in this case a NIB 450x.

Parts are listed above, Ebay woven carbon boom, Tarot belt & blades. Stuck a HK 6s AE-45A ESC & NTM Rotor Drive 450 Series 1700KV / 930W set up in it while I was at it. Only other mod was to put a diode in the t/r servo lead. Didn't take too long, the toughest part was fitting the boom. Boom with the Tarot belt is 55.5mm longer than stock, at least thats what I came up with. The CF tube was a bit oversized and it took me a while to figure out how to file it down a bit. All the cuts were done with a cut off wheel & a carbide burr. Didn't weigh it, but even with the 1mm wall thickness I think the boom is lighter than stock. I'm running the same power system in my "stock" 450 and love it, total cost is about 40bucks for 6s and gov. I put a 13t pinion on it as that's what I had laying around. The 13 is intended for the stocker which has a 12 in it. I need to swap them around some day.

Got 3 packs thru it, loving it. Great power and it flies deLIGHTfully. Real floater. Cut about 30secs off my stocker flight time but I think the pinion swap will fix that. Works really well and what seems ridiculously slow headspeeds, under 2k I'd guess. I really like the blades, they fly really well. Now to source some decent blades for the 300x stretch

Have had everything but the stretch parts for months. Got distracted with the 300x, but I'm sure the 450's will be getting a bunch more love. Just ordered 4 more packs @20% off. Waiting on a 600 fusion 50 I picked up off the classifieds, I think my infatuation with the little birds is about over.

I have yet to go into beast set up, everything was perfect out of a box!! I hope I didn't void the warranty on the 450 :evil grin:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	450xXL.jpg
Views:	1268
Size:	97.5 KB
ID:	468317  

Tags
450x, radix, stretch

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in