One way bearing removal - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > AHF Aeolus

AHF Aeolus AHF Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2013, 01:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default One way bearing removal

Has anyone of you guys removed the one way bearing from the main gear?

it has 3 bearings. Two bearings on both ends of the main gear case, and the one way in the middle.

Thanks.
Phil79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-04-2013, 01:18 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tools

Xelas,

There are simply tools to remove the one-way-bearings for little money.

If the one-w-b. was fixed by use of thread-lock, e.g bearing-glue, it might be required to apply some heat first to make it removable.

Best Regards,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2013, 07:16 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I actually have a tool to remove the bearing. But my doubt is if the 2 bearings that are on the outer sides of the housing, are seated on a counterbore (or box, i dont know the exact term in english).

If so, i cant use my tool to push the 3 bearings from one side to make them go out from the other side.

I want to change them with a new and better ones and oil them, just to help with the blocking issue of the one way.
Phil79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2013, 01:14 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default hello again

Hello Phil,

Sometimes heating up the part with more extension, helps. As the o-w-b is made out of steel and the other part made of alumina, I guess you will need to heat up locally the alumina part.

When green threadlock was applied, you really need to destroy the 'glue' first, as the green thread-lock is more like a glue then a normal threadlock.

Sometimes I heat up the part which has more extension, when heat is applied and then using some bold (diameter wider than the o-w-b) you might be able to stroke against, until the bearing falls out.

Sometimes o-w-b are not bad, then just having accumulated some dirt and needs to be cleaned and greased again. In order to greese the inside, use some oil or low-viscosity grease, the only important thing is, to use some non-acid lubricant and it should not build some resin after time.

Best Regards,
Oliver
Raptor30_V1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.