Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Mikado V-BAR

Mikado V-BAR Mikado V-Stabi/V-BAR Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2013, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default mini vbar gov soft start problem

Hello fellow enthusiasts. I have a goblin 700 with mini vbar blue pro( bank switching and gov), hobbywing platinum pro 120 ESC with hobbywing phase sensor, align 750MX motor, align DS610 and 650. The heli flies fine on 1820 headspeed (idle 1 in dx7), and 2040 (idle 2). The problem is the soft start will work when switching from normal mode(I don't believe in running gov in norm mode for safety reasons and setup) with the blades off. but with blades on, if I switch from norm to idle 1 or 2, the motor does two turns and stops. Because I have a norm mode for testing, I have to have soft start in the hobbywing esc, otherwise I'll strip everything. the only way I can get it to spool up into idle (idle 1 and 2 have gov enabled) is if I start the soft start in norm mode half way, and then click over into the idles. Also, the motor likes to come to a dead stop when I go from high speed idle 2 over to low idle 1, the heli just quits and falls outta the sky, and it sounds like its trying to do a soft start all over again, but takes too long. I tried different gov run up times like 3 and 4, no difference. I can't set the hobbywing softg start to the faster setting cuz then it starts way too fast. I suspect this may be a motor timing problem or ESC gov cutoff issue. My HW 120 is set to 15 degrees and 12 hertz switching freq, nobody recommends setting any lower with this esc, even with scorpion motors. I'm running 21T pinion, max rpm is set to 2200, flat curve of 96% in radio(2040 rpm), phase count is set to 5 as instructed, and motor "off) gov range is -98 to 94%. this is really bugging me because one day I'll switch rpms in mid air and it will quite on me again, and I won't be so fortunate. I have the same ESC with a scorpion on a logo 500 and switch between idles all the time in mid air, with soft start enabled, no problem!!

Any suggestions will be dearly appreciated.
NGC1672 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-14-2013, 08:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

How is your Normal throttle curve set?
Old 10-15-2013, 12:49 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

0 80 80 80 80

thanks
Old 10-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

It could be the two soft starts not working with eachother and the esc or the vbar stopping the motor because it does not get the result it is asking for. You only need to run one of the soft start or spool up programs. Just use the one on the vbar and disable the one on the esc and see if that solves the issue. The vbar will smoothly switch between idle speeds. One other thought is it could be the curve you are using and the transition points. The dropoff in RPM can be really steep with small percentage changes in the vbar software. It might be triggering some failure mode or possibly even a respool and softstart sequence.
jgrog76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2013, 01:02 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah that makes sense. Norm is 0 80 flat, idle 1 is 91 flat, and 2 is 96% flat curve. I tired disabling the soft start in the esc, but vbar soft start is extremely rough even with run up time at 2 or 3. Norm mode has vbar gov disabled since its a test mode, so you would need esc soft start for norm. No soft start in norm is disaster lol. Everyone at the field says vbar soft start is kinda shitty with some setups and motor combs.
Old 10-15-2013, 11:28 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Interesting. I used the same setup and curves but never disabled gov in normal. Worked ok, but i found soft worked better than very soft hw startup speed.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:48 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Never heard of this problem before.

How did you disable the gov in normal, via bankswitching?
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-16-2013, 03:04 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

yup turned off vbar gov in that norm bank. I'll try to turn on gov on all banks and turn off HW soft start see if that solves it
Old 10-16-2013, 04:05 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Seems like a good starting pointm but keep in mind, the initial kick with the HW 120 could be a bit harsh. Check the HW forums for some fixes with the HW firmware...
JR XG14 PL8 v2
mverhorst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
goblin 700, vbar, wtf!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in