Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > JR and Spektrum Radios and Electronics > 2.4G Spektrum Radios

2.4G Spektrum Radios Spektrum 2.4 Gigahertz Radios and Technology

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By flightengr

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-10-2021, 04:22 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX9 Sequence challenge

I a new to the sequencing buit looked at most of the video's and instructions. Still cannot figure out how to do the following:
I have a DX9 and an OMP M2V2
I want too simulate rescue (M2 has self leveling)
I can setup my bind button to the gear (100%). It will then self level, but does not give positive pitch.
Thought of using the sequencer to add pitch after 0.3 seconds.(and keeps that until the bind button is released)
Cannot figure out how to do it.
in short: when bind button activated 100% gear and after 0.3 sec add 70% pitch.
Can someone help me?
mmgbrouwers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-10-2021, 04:51 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think someone - maybe Smoggie? - had a thread on this or similar topic.
torpicaltrail is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2021, 06:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you really need the 0.3 second delay? If you don't need the delay, you could create an ON>PIT mix that's also activated by the button.
flightengr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2021, 09:35 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Do you really need the 0.3 second delay
Without a 1/3 second delay, what do you think would happen if he activated "pseudo-Rescue" while inverted?
Flight controllers that have a Rescue feature (like the Brain2 / iKON2) use their accelerometers to detect when it is within 5 or 10 degrees of horizontal before they apply the "positive" collective.

Personally, I think that even if you can find a sequencer recipe to get a "pseudo-Rescue", it will work under 80% of the "pseudo-Rescue" orientations and the 20% that don't work will be a disaster.
ticedoff8 is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2021, 01:15 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The delay of 0.3 is advised from other OMP M2 pilots that fly for example a TR16S. They tested it and works. I'd be happy if it works 9 out of 10 times. (but still do not want to have the need to activate resque 10 times...).
You are right that it cannot be mixed. The self-leveling needs some time to get the model upright. The FBL only supports self-leveling and not resque, so its a simulation. Normally fly with a 700, but this thing is hard to see (yes, I'm not that young any more....)
Old 03-11-2021, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I honestly didn't know if the delay was necessary or not. That's why I asked the question. I'm not familiar with that flight controller. I was just looking at a simpler setup on the transmitter if that was an option.

It can be done with a sequencer, but the sequencer won't feed one of the main control channels (such as pitch) directly. See below...

Last edited by flightengr; 03-11-2021 at 10:23 AM..
Old 03-11-2021, 10:23 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

More detail...

I set up the Gear channel on Switch I the usual way.

Then I set up a sequence on Switch I, with Forward being on position 1 (pressed) and Reverse on position 0. The duration of Forward should be as long as you may want the pitch up input to last; the sequencer will stop providing the input when you let go of the button or when the duration runs out, whichever comes first. So if the duration is only a couple of seconds, the pitch input would stop after that time even if you're still holding the button. (You can watch all this happen on the Monitor screen when everything is configured.) I set the duration of Reverse to be 1 second. The duration of reverse isn't very interesting, except that the sequence will have to reset and you can't press the button again before the Reverse sequence has completed. Therefore, Reverse should be pretty short.

For Name A, I called it "Pitch Up" and "(PUP)" for short. I don't really care about Name B but it cannot be blank, so I made that "S1B" for both the name and the channel (S1B). The input type is Step for both.

I found that you don't have to assign either Channel A or Channel B to real channels - they can both be set to "Inh" (Inhibit) and everything still works. However, you can't see the output from the sequencer on the Monitor screen if you don't associate the sequencer channel to a radio channel. If you don't have any radio channels free, you don't need one. If you aren't using Aux4, I'd recommend associating that with Channel A so you can see it on the Monitor.

On the NEXT screen for the Sequencer, you need press and hold the button while you setup the 5 time points for the pressed position (1). While holding the button, I went through points 0-4 this way:
Point 0: Time 3%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%
Point 1: Time 25%, PUP 70%, S1B 0%
Point 2: Time 50%, PUP 70%, S1B 0%
Point 3: Time 92%, PUP 70%, S1B 0%
Point 4: Time 95%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%

Then release the button and set up the five points for the unpressed position (0).
Point 0: Time 0%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%
Point 1: Time 25%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%
Point 2: Time 50%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%
Point 3: Time 75%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%
Point 4: Time 95%, PUP 0%, S1B 0%

Point 4 has the same values for both positions of the button. If you change it for one state (pressed or unpressed) it changes for the other one too. It's not a big deal in this situation.

The time for position 0 is the time you want the pitch input to start. 3% of 10 seconds (the total sequence) would be 0.3 seconds.

Next, go to the Mixing screen and add a mix. It's a normal mix (not a curve). Associate it with Switch I, position 1 only. The mix is PUP > PIT, with rates 100% and 0%, and offset 0%. By setting the rate to 100% only on the positive side, the mix will never allow any negative input by mistake. Also, with the mix only active when the button is pressed, it's another safeguard against the sequence doing something unexpected.

With the event time set at 3% of 10 seconds, it's very difficult to see the delay on the Monitor. For testing, I turned it up to 10% (or 1 second) to prove that the sequence is really starting with PUP at 0% and then goes up at the first step.
Xciler8 and mmgbrouwers like this.
Old 03-11-2021, 11:31 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by flightengr View Post
More detail...

I set up the Gear channel on Switch I the usual way...
This is a very clear story, even I can understand now what is going on. Very much appreciated !!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in