Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 250 Class Electric Helicopters

250 Class Electric Helicopters 250 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-06-2014, 03:30 PM   #381 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
How is the 180 and 250 for that?
250 with the stock servo... pretty bad. With the mks one - perfect. 180 pretty much perfect out of the box.
Advertisement

Old 11-29-2014, 07:47 PM   #382 (permalink)
Registered Users

bmc76, how does your 250 compare with your 180 now that you have the 1.53 firmware update?
gauchopuro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-29-2014, 09:56 PM   #383 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

250 is still better for the field, 180 is still better in the street. they aren't really in the same class so it's not an apples to apples comparison. Today there was some really brutal wind at the field and the 180 didn't to well at all, it was beating up the 250 but I was able to fly it where all I was doing was fighting the wind with the 180.
Old 11-30-2014, 03:19 AM   #384 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I think we've got some really great choices now in small helis. I'm having to resist sending money as I want to get me a Gaui X3, but there are some excellent models in each size now:

- Indoor micro: nCPX or nQX
- Backyard flier: 180CFX
- Small park flier: Trex 250 / Gaui X2 (both can work well, but there's room for improvement here)
- 3D smack park flier: Oxy 3
- Large 450: Gaui X3

In most of those categories there's at least one model that's hit the ball out of the park.

The 250 size is probably in the weakest class right now. With all the mods the Trex 250 is right up there in capabilities, but I don't think there's a stock model in the 250 class that's as good as the others.
Other: Team rep for Lynx/Oxy, working on NightWave Systems
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-30-2014, 10:07 AM   #385 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by myxiplx View Post
Yeah, I think we've got some really great choices now in small helis. I'm having to resist sending money as I want to get me a Gaui X3, but there are some excellent models in each size now
I have been resisting as well, starting back when the brushless, higher power version of the mCPx came out. The last thing I need is yet another heli and the box of spare parts to support it (and it has taken years just to exorcise the various demons from my T-Rex 250 and get it flying the way I want, so I have a big investment in that problem child). But technology to make small helis perform really well has advanced by leaps and bounds over the past few years, and small helis don't cost all that much, so it's tempting... The integrated RX/FBL for the 180 is amazing at only 2 grams. The sockets are 1/3 of the entire device!
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #386 (permalink)
Registered Users

If we can just get a proper FBL program similar to VStabi from Blade. Doesn't even need to be that detailed. Blade should get into the Micro standalone FBL game. The GY280 proves there is a market.
Old 12-01-2014, 10:05 PM   #387 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToddMcF2002 View Post
If we can just get a proper FBL program similar to VStabi from Blade. Doesn't even need to be that detailed. Blade should get into the Micro standalone FBL game. The GY280 proves there is a market.
I'll bet the next vstabi units will have integrated receivers, at least as an option.
Harbormaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2015, 04:03 PM   #388 (permalink)
Registered Users

As son as I can get the servo adapters I am going to try an AR6335 in my 250.
By the way, where I can get the adapters cheap ?
Old 06-05-2015, 03:25 PM   #389 (permalink)
Registered Users

you can get the JST ZH connector (1.5mm pitch) in Digikey, but I doubt if these connectors can be used with the original servos of the 250 (Align DS 415/416) and other micro servos.... If anyone knows if these connectors has specs compatible with micro servos (Amp, Voltage, AWG), please inform.

If possible, I will try this servos with uBrain (6g + sat)......
MaGooRc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #390 (permalink)
Registered Users

AlvaSpeed check out tmkarc1 hobbies, I think the adapters he has for the micro brain/ikon should work and they aren't that expensive.
tigger69 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in