Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 180QX

180QX Blade 180QX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Overcast and very cloudy, but very light winds and 60 degrees. Used my 808#16 Keycam,,,only captured a little bit before the camera battery died.

[ame]http://youtu.be/lmpL0gNNFqQ[/ame]

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-04-2014, 05:28 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default what didnt i do with my 180QX today

practice lots of flips, doubles and even a triple. inverted plummets toward the ground with last minute adjustments. got stuck in a tree about 20 feet or so. retrieved from tree. lost it in aprox. 20 MPH gust of wind......
Vtek0623 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2014, 08:54 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Practiced Tight Quarters Maneuvering!!!

Flew it in the bathroom
also moved it into the kitchen all and all if i can fly this beast in a 15 - 20 sqft area and not crash im pretty sure ill kill it outside lol
rotorhead13 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2014, 11:02 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just got an 180QX FC board and frame. I'm going to convert my mQX into an 180QX. My only question is how to determine the polarity of the motor plugs. There's no nice green color paint on my 180QX FC board and so I can't tell which way the plugs are supposed to go in there. Anybody have a really good close-up shot of their wiring that they can share?

thanks!
RoboHeli is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2014, 12:12 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hope this helps a bit!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg uploadfromtaptalk1385646775667.jpg (131.5 KB, 45 views)

Old 07-05-2014, 12:54 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you, Pfloyd. I got all my motors turning the right directions.

Next question...can anyone measure the length of the boom on their (stock) 180QX? I'd like to get all 4 of my booms to be the same length. I just need the length of the exposed part of the carbon fiber boom. I'm having troubles pushing the booms into the frame the same amount and so I think I'll probably take up the rest of the slack by adjusting the motor mounts as much as possible.

I just need to get the stock lengths so I know how far to go.

Thanks!!!
Old 07-05-2014, 08:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Seems like the stock lengths are around 1.75" or so (according to someone at RCGroups). After some very vigorous pushing, I got mine in at around 1.85" and called it quits. :p

A quick maiden hover and it looks good! I dialed the different flight modes into channel 5 on my Devo10 and now am charging up some batts for a real indoor flight test.

I'm going to mount the servo-controlled LED kit on my 180QX rather than buying the camera.
Old 07-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Align landing gear

I broke while landing the left part of the landing gear. I CA it back but it did not last long. My LHS did not have it stock. I went back home took out from my 120SR the Align landing gear and through a velcro mod I attached it to 180 QX. She flies and takes video great.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 2FCE0800-F60E-4F7B-9E30-4EF054F01588.jpg (152.3 KB, 47 views)
Glaucon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 08:17 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
I broke while landing the left part of the landing gear. I CA it back but it did not last long. My LHS did not have it stock. I went back home took out from my 120SR the Align landing gear and through a velcro mod I attached it to 180 QX. She flies and takes video great.
Some nice "Field Expediency"! good job!
Old 07-12-2014, 09:51 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 180 QX 2 Great flights

I took my 180 QX out in the back yard today and had 2 really good flights (well 1 1/2) . The first flight lasted about 10 minutes and was intended to take video of the surrounding countryside. Unfortunately I had a reoccurring problem with the camera shutting off. I believe this is connected to the memory card and how it is inserted into the camera. This is disappointing as I had gotten up about 150 to 175 feet and there was no wind whatsoever so I had a real stable flight. The second flight lasted even longer and got so high I couldn't tell which props were orange and which were black. Again the camera shut off and I got no video. I have had some minor probs with the 721 camera since I got it and removing and reinserting the memory card seems to help.... Sometimes. I love this quad and hope that I will figure out the camera issues soon. I have made successful videos before and have a dozen or so successful flights but this was the first truly wind free morning so I went higher than ever before. I am recharging my battery packs and will try again later today. Any suggestions on the camera issues would be appreciated.
Rlherrick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 11:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rlherrick View Post
I took my 180 QX out in the back yard today and had 2 really good flights (well 1 1/2) . The first flight lasted about 10 minutes and was intended to take video of the surrounding countryside. Unfortunately I had a reoccurring problem with the camera shutting off. I believe this is connected to the memory card and how it is inserted into the camera. This is disappointing as I had gotten up about 150 to 175 feet and there was no wind whatsoever so I had a real stable flight. The second flight lasted even longer and got so high I couldn't tell which props were orange and which were black. Again the camera shut off and I got no video. I have had some minor probs with the 721 camera since I got it and removing and reinserting the memory card seems to help.... Sometimes. I love this quad and hope that I will figure out the camera issues soon. I have made successful videos before and have a dozen or so successful flights but this was the first truly wind free morning so I went higher than ever before. I am recharging my battery packs and will try again later today. Any suggestions on the camera issues would be appreciated.
Did you have the chance to read this thread?
https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=628952
Old 07-12-2014, 12:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
That's excellent....I like the looks of it too!
In all actuality though, the landing gear seems unnecessary on this quad. It lands just fine on it's motor mounts (better actually), same as its predecessor the MQX. I guess it's just supposed to be more of a protective cage for the camera.

Hey did you try using thread with the CA? That's always worked well for me with broken struts.
Heli-cat is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-12-2014, 12:45 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
Some nice "Field Expediency"! good job!
Thanks
Old 07-12-2014, 12:49 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heli-cat View Post
That's excellent....I like the looks of it too!
In all actuality though, the landing gear seems unnecessary on this quad. It lands just fine on it's motor mounts (better actually), same as its predecessor the MQX. I guess it's just supposed to be more of a protective cage for the camera.

Hey did you try using thread with the CA? That's always worked well for me with broken struts.
Thanks. I did the CA route twice. Did not hold. I agree the clearance vs motor mounts is minimal but more stable upon landing on hard surfaces and it does not turn over.
Old 07-15-2014, 07:36 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Taped up the canopy getting her ready for a new look! Will post pics when its done
Old 07-16-2014, 05:22 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks. I did the CA route twice. Did not hold. I agree the clearance vs motor mounts is minimal but more stable upon landing on hard surfaces and it does not turn over.
The trick is to wrap the break with thread then cover it in CA, it holds pretty darn well.
Old 07-16-2014, 06:20 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubbin1 View Post
The trick is to wrap the break with thread then cover it in CA, it holds pretty darn well.
Yeah, dental floss and then CA. I like the looks more though with the Align landing gear plus more foot print and no roll overs when landing on hard surfaces.
Old 07-16-2014, 09:39 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here it is all painted up. I like the way it turned out! Word to the wise....Don't use scotch tape to tape up before a paint job... What a pain that was to get off. It was all I had at the time. Yup, I'm impatient.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 180qx painted.jpg (662.8 KB, 57 views)
Old 07-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

That is one super job....awesome!

Old 07-17-2014, 01:04 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks! I think that gave it at least 5 more horsepower!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in