Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2013, 09:07 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Newbie question

Very new to multi's but have flown single rotors for years. I'm looking to buy a Phantom, but I came upon a "new" version that has the NAZA V2 + GPS V1.1.2:, instead of the NAZA M. Is there a huge difference between the two? Confused, any help is appreciated. Btw, this is not the camera model. Thank you.
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-22-2013, 09:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

The new version will support Futaba Fasst Tx. The Naza is V2 verses V1 but that is a minor change. It has the self tightening props which may be an advantage to you or not. It also includes the lever for channel 7 support of camera tilt. for the price it is a great product.
Empire Support 2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 10:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nice info thank you. Would I gain anything if I wanted to fly a Phantom with my Spektrum DX7 with a matching rx with sat.? I'm more than willing to leave it as is with its own tx, (just wondering).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empire Support 2 View Post
The new version will support Futaba Fasst Tx. The Naza is V2 verses V1 but that is a minor change. It has the self tightening props which may be an advantage to you or not. It also includes the lever for channel 7 support of camera tilt. for the price it is a great product.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

No not really, Except only having to bring one transmitter to the field.
Empire Support 3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 11:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is a part number available for the updated version? This will help when I place my order.
Old 11-22-2013, 02:37 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by reALIGNed View Post
Would I gain anything if I wanted to fly a Phantom with my Spektrum DX7 with a matching rx with sat.? I'm more than willing to leave it as is with its own tx, (just wondering).
You might prefer your DX7 to the fisher price transmitter it comes with, it works fine, but is pretty tacky, and has no timer or adjustments, I am much happier flying the phantom with DX8.

The old phantom with Naza lite is stuck with old Naza Assistant, given there is no price difference to get the new phantom which also has the new self tightening props, as well as the Naza V2, and the gimbal control transmitter with centre sprung throttle, I think you'd be mad to buy the old version unless you got an amazing price on it.

I'm guessing the Naza Lite is going to be discontinued, why would they continue to support the cut down version, when even the phantom is coming with the V2, I suspect the price drops we are seeing with combo's are to clear out the old stock.

I bought the phantom v1.1.1 (UK versions seem to be different) which has the latest upgrades and am very happy with it, there are youtube video's showing the V2 has much better position hold, so not sure why everyone says the Lite is the same - the controller is less than half the price of the V2 on its own, so I am sure there must be significant improvements in the V2.

To check your getting the new version, description should state v number (v1.1.1 or v1.2.1 seem to be interchangable) and will state Naza V2, sprung throttle stick etc, if it doesn't say, I'd assume its old stock and find another retailer.
jamesb72 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 06:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesb72 View Post
You might prefer your DX7 to the fisher price transmitter it comes with, it works fine, but is pretty tacky, and has no timer or adjustments, I am much happier flying the phantom with DX8.

The old phantom with Naza lite is stuck with old Naza Assistant, given there is no price difference to get the new phantom which also has the new self tightening props, as well as the Naza V2, and the gimbal control transmitter with centre sprung throttle, I think you'd be mad to buy the old version unless you got an amazing price on it.

I'm guessing the Naza Lite is going to be discontinued, why would they continue to support the cut down version, when even the phantom is coming with the V2, I suspect the price drops we are seeing with combo's are to clear out the old stock.

I bought the phantom v1.1.1 (UK versions seem to be different) which has the latest upgrades and am very happy with it, there are youtube video's showing the V2 has much better position hold, so not sure why everyone says the Lite is the same - the controller is less than half the price of the V2 on its own, so I am sure there must be significant improvements in the V2.

To check your getting the new version, description should state v number (v1.1.1 or v1.2.1 seem to be interchangable) and will state Naza V2, sprung throttle stick etc, if it doesn't say, I'd assume its old stock and find another retailer.
http://www.helidirect.com/dji-phanto...er-p-29007.hdx

http://www.ebay.com/itm/321225545608...84.m1438.l2649

Are either of these two the upgraded version?
Old 11-22-2013, 08:06 PM   #8 (permalink)

I have 1.2 with single antenna and the props held on with self tightening nuts. It does have NAZA M v2. I got mine from Atlanta hobby.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2013, 09:31 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
I have 1.2 with single antenna and the props held on with self tightening nuts. It does have NAZA M v2. I got mine from Atlanta hobby.
Thank you......free shipping too.
Old 11-22-2013, 10:05 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

The v1.1.1 has two antennas, the Naza V2 and self tightening props not just nuts. You can open the shell and see if the Naza V2 is present.
Empire Support 2 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-23-2013, 02:25 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: Newbie question

Quote:
Originally Posted by reALIGNed View Post
Are either of these two the upgraded version?
They both are, you're looking for:

- naza v2
- self tightening props with integrated nuts
- FASST compatible receiver with 2 aerials (old version has one aerial)
- transmitter with sprung throttle and gimbal lever on back

If they mention naza v2 and integrated prop nuts you should be fine, helidirect specifies version v1.1.1 so is crystal clear its the new one.
Old 12-10-2013, 04:17 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi guys,

Quote:
I am new to this. I take it the Phantom can fly out of the box with Spektrum transmitters with just binding, no mods or other receivers necessary? Is there a "bind" connection (or button) inside?

Also, how would I assign Tx buttins to orientation mode and GPS/ATTI mode buttons?

Can someone please post a link to where I can learn more about this?
brunobl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2013, 04:25 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by brunobl View Post
I take it the Phantom can fly out of the box with Spektrum transmitters with just binding, no mods or other receivers necessary? Is there a "bind" connection (or button) inside?
Also, how would I assign Tx buttins to orientation mode and GPS/ATTI mode buttons?
Phantom cannot bind to a spektrum transmitter out of the box, its not a Horizon product.

The latest version has a FASST compatible receiver I believe so could bind to a futaba transmitter, you need to remove the top of the phantom to access bind button underneath the receiver board.

For Spektrum/DSM you can just unscrew the receiver board and fit a 6+ channel receiver you need some 10cm male to male servo leads to connect up the channels (the included receiver is S-bus/single connection).

6 channels are 4 for flight controls, one for flight mode/failsafe and another for IOC. If you use a 7/8/9 channel receiver you can use extra channels for gimbal control, video switch, or to adjust Naza gains in flight for tuning.

You setup the flight modes.IOC positions in the Naza assistant software you can download that and manuals from DJI website, also there are a ton of DHI how to video's on youtube which will cover everything you could possibly need to know, they are very well made.

Last edited by jamesb72; 12-10-2013 at 07:41 AM..
Old 12-10-2013, 07:05 AM   #14 (permalink)

I WISH! I got a small fortune tied up in my DX7s transmitter.
I wouldn't use anything smaller than a AR7010. It has the satellite receiver which gives better reception.
If you don't have the transmitter yet shop carefully. Think ahead of what channels you need right now. Get an 8 or 9 channel then you have it when you want to expand your capabilities.

As for how to hook up and program, there's all kinds of YouTube vids showing how.

DJI Phantom Spektrum AR8000/TM1000 Installation (21 min 51 sec)
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-12-2013, 05:57 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great info.
Thanks, guys, this is all starting to make sense now.
brunobl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in