Magic Cube (MTC-01) and Spektrum - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Master CP

Master CP Walkera Master CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2013, 07:37 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Magic Cube (MTC-01) and Spektrum

I looked a bit on this forum but didn't see anything on this. So pardon me if I'm posting something that's been said before.

I got my son a Master CP for Christmas, but since he already has a Spectrum DX7, I bought the bind and fly version from Xheli. I also bought a "Magic Cube MTC-01" that is intended to work with older Walkera transmitters. But I read on Hobby King's site that it works with Spektrum (and others) too. So I decided to chance it.

It all came, and of course I had to try it before putting it under the tree. Powering up with the magic cube is a bit funky. You don't even turn the transmitter on. When you plug it into the trainer port, the radio comes on. And you plug in the heli battery first. But it worked! My only problem was that the gyro didn't have any gain. I figured out that tail gyro gain had to be placed on the aux2 channel instead of the gear channel as Spektrum does it. Once i put the gain on aux2, she flew great.

Again, I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, so thought I'd share.
rotorsup is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-22-2013, 04:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ah.. good to know! Thanks for posting!

rojack is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-13-2015, 10:03 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi there, I am posting in this thread just to explain my case.
I started in the rc helis world through Walkera. Now I feel I can go one step further, and instead of keeping my small Devo6 or buying a bigger and better Devo radio, I wanted to try a Spektrum DX8 and try Align, for an example. But before that, I feel the need of complicating my life and flying my Walkera helis with this new DX8, so I get used to it, and so I face another passionate problem to solve.

About the damned Walkera MTC-01 Magic Cube, it is true that works with a Spektrum tx, but it has very poor range, and the battery is too small. And what is more, Walkera wants to sell their radios and does not offer us a good link module like the anylink i.a.e., neither let us the chance to easily improve the Magic Cube, as they ridiculously encrypt its code...

I have been doing research in several forums on how to get more transmitting range, how to power it up from a different source, even how to get the code and make a new magic cube with different hardware, etc.
So there are lots of good ideas out there, but the fact is that nobody has tried it, or at least I haven't found anybody who has got it.

And you know, I just wanted to fly my Walkera fleet with my brand new DX8 before moving to better stuff. And I wanted to fly with all the guarantee.
So, given the fact that I am not an electronics expert anymore (my field is mechanics), modding the magic cube is going to be my long term project. I will try and learn, and I will let you know.

But then suddenly, I have come up with a good cheap solution for my will to fly my MasterCP and my V450D01v2 with the DX8!! (be 'pious' please...): The name is buddy boxing!

I am working on it and it looks really promising: I am ruling my walkeras with the DX8 being the slave, and my Devo6 (with last 100mw updated software and transmitting module also updated) being the master. The only difference with a regular buddy box is the master is flying with the student radio, and there is no switching between roles.

I know it's total nerdy, but I am very happy. My silent master buddy acts as a satellite transmitter, and 'he' gives me full battery and full range control with the walkera's receivers. Besides, I have full control of the four sticks movements in my DX8, plus pitch, throttle cut, dual rates, stunt modes and gyro values.

How about that Walkera guys??
calsonbroda is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.