Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Airtronics Radios

Airtronics Radios Airtronics Radios Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-19-2014, 04:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sanwa gets it. Airtronics gets it. Do they?

"Exactly. Sanwa gets it. Airtronics gets it. Customers need more value, and they need more functions, and we are delivering it."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...X8xvZ9NSac#t=5

Would you agree with this statement made by Mike Greenshields? I'm thinking more about the "new" SD-10GS. Do Sanwa and Airtronics really get what heli pilots really want or need?

Last edited by 3Dmuse; 01-24-2014 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: trasmitter name correction
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-19-2014, 06:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

They might get it. But, I don't see a small SBus rcvr , in their," Full receiver lineup ", which is what I need,for my FBL's......
LotechGreg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 05:54 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well it's a start...the pricing is very attractive much cheaper than Futaba and JR.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKingPhisher View Post
Well it's a start...the pricing is very attractive much cheaper than Futaba and JR.
The new Futaba 10J has telemetry and SBUS2 for $349. The "new" Airtronics SD-10GS is more expensive at $379 and does not have telemetry or SBUS, which is a must for flybarless helicopters nowadays. The SD-10GS is a very capable radio, but it is just a minor revision of the older SD-10G. Considering the release of the Futaba 10J, the airtronics SD-10GS is not even competitive from a pricing point of view.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=exHHNhDLUmc

Last edited by 3Dmuse; 01-24-2014 at 07:55 AM.. Reason: price correction & trasmitter name correction
Old 01-23-2014, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

That Futaba was just recently announced so yeah it has the upper hand but before that there was no 10ch Futaba that was price competitive with the Sanwa. If Sanwa responds great, if not go with whatever suits you.
TheKingPhisher is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-23-2014, 11:43 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I am a Airtronics fan so this is hard to say ,but was the SD10GS not just announced also. It just became available to purchase about 1 month ago .It is there new flagship even though it really is no different than the SD10G.
Old 01-24-2014, 07:52 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
I am a Airtronics fan so this is hard to say ,but was the SD10GS not just announced also. It just became available to purchase about 1 month ago .It is there new flagship even though it really is no different than the SD10G.
The video in my first post is about the ''new'' SD-10G(S). I really meant SD-10GS in all my posts in this thread, corrected now. I too like Airtronics transmitters and have been using one for 5 years now, but they are a little outdated for helicopter use. I am hopeful though that they will address this sooner rather than later.
Old 02-10-2014, 11:33 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
The video in my first post is about the ''new'' SD-10G(S). I really meant SD-10GS in all my posts in this thread, corrected now. I too like Airtronics transmitters and have been using one for 5 years now, but they are a little outdated for helicopter use. I am hopeful though that they will address this sooner rather than later.
Yes I was being sarcastic as I do not feel that this new great SD10GS has really any changes what so ever except it costs more. I really like my SD10G also but as you say it needs to support the new FBL systems with a S bus or satellite system so we can use the features. There are several other updates it could use also like a vibration alarm and zero in trim rates to totally shut them off would be a good start. So two Canadians flying there helis with SD10G radios ,we are a rare bread for sure.
Old 03-25-2014, 06:54 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Airtronics Sbuss

Why do you need Sbuss we are almost to the point were we do not fly our heli's , but program them for the entire flight take off to landing. You can then sit down, have beer, and watch your machine do perfect "Smack Down"
slickporsche is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 07:21 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Airtronics SD-10

It might be better if Sanwa/Airtronics went to a "open source" TX. In addition more capable receivers at a better price than the current ones that I feel are expensive. Most of our electronics is made in China, so it should be much cheaper.

Now comes a real "game changer" ! Fr Sky Taranus, high quality, Open source, telemetry, and a good selection of receivers, and sensors for telemetry.

Sanwa needs to get busy, or be on the outside looking in
slickporsche is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2014, 12:39 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

3 Canadian Airtronics pilots
MAAC #85462
Down Low is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by slickporsche View Post
Why do you need Sbuss we are almost to the point were we do not fly our heli's , but program them for the entire flight take off to landing. You can then sit down, have beer, and watch your machine do perfect "Smack Down"
We need S Bus or satellites so we can use the new flybarless controllers . Lots of them cannot use a standard receiver and still support governor features due to the standard receiver wiring filling in all the ports. As for flying themselves, I do not have or want any buttons to correct or auto level . I just want the standard features of a FBL unit to be supported by my radio. I have been flying R/C since the late 70s and do not want anything besides myself flying my heli or plane . I have bought a new JR radio for my helis but still have my SD10G for my planes. I really do like Airtronics and will most likely go back to them once they start to support the heli side a bit better and get a few simple updates done. I could care less about telemetry and would just as soon not have it in my radio ,but simple things like a louder timer and or vibration (little deaf) , trims that shut off to zero ( why would they go to 1 and not zero? ) . The radio has some great features in it but just a little updating and it could be a real contender again.

Two more SD10G heli flyers here also so we are up to 5 Canucks now !!
Old 04-03-2014, 11:46 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis P View Post
We need S Bus or satellites so we can use the new flybarless controllers . Lots of them cannot use a standard receiver and still support governor features due to the standard receiver wiring filling in all the ports.
That's where I'm at currently on my Atom 500. I cant use the VBar gov due to the ports being full in the mini VBar.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2014, 10:56 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah same here. I'd really like to try my SK540's gov feature but can not...

That 10J is seriously calling my name.
MAAC #85462
Down Low is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 01:25 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Terry said that something is in the works so lets just wait and see before we go jumping ship.
dankcincy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2014, 06:50 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I was checking out the 10J also. One heck of a price on it. I do not think it will run the FASTTEST RX tho.
Mr.HillBilly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2014, 11:44 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankcincy View Post
Terry said that something is in the works so lets just wait and see before we go jumping ship.

Any info you can let us in on Terry . An update to fix a few things like the trims being able to shut off would seem fairly simple to do online ?
Old 03-27-2015, 04:11 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankcincy View Post
Another year has passed. Yet nothing new from Sanwa/Airtronics.
Old 09-17-2015, 04:33 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3Dmuse View Post
Another year has passed. Yet nothing new from Sanwa/Airtronics.
Another 6 months and still no news from Sanwa/Airtronics. Only if they release something similar to the VControl will I forgive them. Maybe they are working on a flybarless system too? Wishful thinking...
Old 09-17-2015, 04:36 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

TORCHS member, AMA 64878, Citizen 690
Mattinfla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in