Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-13-2021, 11:15 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default help goblin,ikon,kontronic

I have a few(alot) of questions .hopefully someone has or had same setup or good knowledge of kontronic and ikon

I have a gaui x3 with dx9,HW esc i set all endpoints in tx so ikon software to read +100 -100 on panel
after ikon software is right then calibrate esc endpoints .(when using the ikon govener)i set my headspeeds
and gearing in ikon software and headspeeds seem correct.im farily new to helis but the gaui setup was easy using ikon gov.

now the questions

purchased a used goblin 570,6 cell battery 1100kv scorpion ,kontronic heli jive 120hv
i do have progdisk to program it..dx9,ikon2 fbl

i have read for hours on google and this forum and other ones and find all sorts of answers but none definite enough to feel comfortable not pile driving a 1000.00 helicopter in the dirt.

(1)do i set all travels in ikon software to read +100-100 EXEPT the throttle?i have read to leave it as factory tx throttle travel to use the jive govener.or do i set throttle +100-100 in ikon software then set kontronic throttle endpoints which will be -128+128 in tx.is this correct or tx -100+100 and use like that.
i know to use linier curve to set endpoints, just didnt know if tx stays factory throttle
or adjust to get ikon panel to show +100-100 then set kontronic endpointsI have read if set ikon to read correct which will be around -128+128 in dx9 it messes with kontronic gov.

(2) can or should i use ikon govener or stay with kontronic?

(3) on the MELs headspeed calculator.i read 3 different places on multiple forums,,,

use 162 main and whatever pinion i assume this is only for goblin 500???
use 206 main (for 2stage gear) and whatever pinion
the MELS site has UPdated goblin main (204)tooth and then whatever pinion
Which is correct for the 570?

(4) i am not getting 6 beeps for 6 cell battery is this normal.
im getting 3 beeps then 1 beep like it wanting to go into setup mode
my HW esc beeps 6 times then 1 time for 6 cell
this is with jumper plug in.what am i doing wrong or is this correct

(5) once heli and esc is setup do you leave jumper plug in or take out and keep in safe place.seems like it could fall out.(BUT) i have read where on forums its necessary to fly and others say its not and to leave it out.which is correct or does it matter.

(6) on kontronic gov....read to put at zero pitch when spooling up for the 12 second acceeleration of blades till reach full speed and hear speed stop increasing.do this EVERY time i fly???
is this correct ,does it matter what percentage im on in tx to do the 12 seconds ?

0,50,50,50,50 N
65,65,65,65,65,IU 1
85,85,85,85,85 IU2

If i do the 12 seconds and wait till full speed at zero pitch with all 3 flight
modes will i have 3 different head speeds?

is there a way to set it one time and be done ?

Like the hobby wing esc i plug battery in take off in normal flip to IU1 or 2 and go .no waiting or sitting on ground with blades full speed for 12 seconds or is the 12 seconds something else ive read wrong?

(7)i have read to put esc to mode one then mode 4 also mode 10(mode 1 sets throttle endpoints and resets esc)when doing stick programming,
how do i do this with progdisk?
it only has heli and airplane ,expert programming.
it has heli mode and high and low stick setting on progdisk
I hi low throttle endpoints with progdisk (but it is with tx set to -128+128 on throttle to match ikon software which may be wrong.

saw good reviews on rail 556 blades on the goblin so i got some(didnt come with blades) whats a good headspeed for these to start with and 22 tooth (or) whats best pinion size?
1100kv scorpion ,6cell pulse 70c

i have researched all this so much i dont know whats correct ,if someone with experience can chime in its greatly appreciated,
orangeota is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-13-2021, 11:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeota View Post
(1)do i set all travels in ikon software to read +100-100 EXEPT the throttle?i have read to leave it as factory tx throttle travel to use the jive govener.or do i set throttle +100-100 in ikon software then set kontronic throttle endpoints which will be -128+128 in tx.is this correct or tx -100+100 and use like that.
i know to use linier curve to set endpoints, just didnt know if tx stays factory throttle
or adjust to get ikon panel to show +100-100 then set kontronic endpointsI have read if set ikon to read correct which will be around -128+128 in dx9 it messes with kontronic gov.
You set up the TX endpoints so that in the Ikon setup Wizard, all the travels go to +/-100% and in the case of the throttle, 0-100%. Standard for all Setups.

Comment: The throttle command from the radio is scaled by the Ikon before it is sent to the ESC.

Quote:
(2) can or should i use ikon govener or stay with kontronic?
This is your personal preference. If you liked the Ikon Governor, then use it again.

Quote:
(3) on the MELs headspeed calculator.i read 3 different places on multiple forums,,,

use 162 main and whatever pinion i assume this is only for goblin 500???
use 206 main (for 2stage gear) and whatever pinion
the MELS site has UPdated goblin main (204)tooth and then whatever pinion
Which is correct for the 570?
Did you look at the 560 manual? (it says 206T for the equivalent main gear tooth count)
Old 04-14-2021, 04:51 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

By 0 to 100 means leave the tx
Alone as far as throttle settings correct? (For kontronic governor)is there anything special to do to run ikon governor. Just set throttle endpoints to ikon then esc to
Airplane mode.is that all other than checking use governor in ikon panel and putting in headspeeds.thanks
Old 04-14-2021, 07:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
By 0 to 100 means leave the tx
Alone as far as throttle settings correct? (For kontronic governor)is there anything special to do to run ikon governor. Just set throttle endpoints to ikon then esc to
Airplane mode.is that all other than checking use governor in ikon panel and putting in headspeeds.thanks
0-100% means that the throttle moves from 0-100 on the ‘Transmitter Setup’ panel of the Wizard. The throttle curve needs to be temporarily setup as a linear curve on the transmitter to do so. You will like need to adjust the TX endpoints to achieve this.

Click image for larger version

Name:	D765DC7A-7CF0-47EC-B1FC-FFEBDC1C405C_1618398108702.jpeg
Views:	12
Size:	281.6 KB
ID:	913077

This is exactly the same way that it should be done regardless of the ESC used, and regardless of which governor you choose. (The only exception is when the Throttle is plugged directly into the receiver itself like in the case of using an SRXL2 ESC with the Ikon2/Brain2)

On the ‘Governor Setup’ tab, you’ll set up the ESC endpoints to whatever you need to get the behavior described in the Ikon instructions. (You still need a linear throttle curve at this point)

After the setup is completed on the Governor Tab, then you can switch to the flat curves at the Transmitter.

Don’t make it out to be harder than it is. The Kontronic operates very similarly to the Hobbywing you already have. (The exception being when using the ESC Governor and how Autorotation bailout is controlled)
Old 04-14-2021, 07:44 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks!
Old 04-14-2021, 08:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any idea or suggestions on other questions ?
Old 04-14-2021, 10:53 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As you have the HJive which can be programmed to use FBL governor, suggest you use Kontronik governor as it works really well. Do the Mode 1 then mode 4 stick programming with endpoints set as per iKon recommendations.

Do not run your normal curve starting at 0%, the Kontronik have an excellent softstart and you need to set 0 deg pitch and then flick hold off and let the ESC spoolup till the governor engages. So even your NORMAL flight mode should be a straight line of 50%.

The Kontronik governor can only be run between 50-65% TC values.

https://www.kontronik.com/fileadmin/.../HELI-JIVE.pdf
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2021, 11:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks
Old 04-15-2021, 05:47 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
0,50,50,50,50 N
65,65,65,65,65,IU 1
85,85,85,85,85 IU2
1) I do not recommend using 0% on the low point on your "Normal Mode/Bank 1".

2) Like Vinger mentioned, the previous generation HELI JIVE uses different throttle % range for proper governing. The HELI JIVE manual states, "KONTRONIK recommends a value of 65-70% of full throttle setting set on TX for optimal governor control.". This is different than the throttle curves used on the later generation Kosmik, Jive Pro, and Kolibri ESC series.
Amain Field Representative
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2021, 07:57 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Esc is jive pro 120 hv
Old 04-15-2021, 09:03 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I messed up on post on esc model
Old 04-15-2021, 10:07 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Esc is jive pro 120 hv
Here you can use throttle percentages up to 85% and no less than 50%. It does not support FBL governor, so you have to use the excellent Kontronik governor.

Manual
https://www.kontronik.com/fileadmin/...n/JIVE_Pro.pdf

Firmware update
https://www.kontronik.com/en/downloads.html
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 04-15-2021, 10:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks for the help
Old 04-16-2021, 12:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Should i be hearing 6 beep for 6 cell lipo,do i need to use stick programming to mode 9?(lipo)before it recognizes amount of cells or is it always the 3 beep regardless of mode?i assumed mode 4 would be lipo anyway. Does jumper plug need in or out for flying or does it matter?i read both keep and and fly without it.thanks guys for the help
Old 04-16-2021, 09:09 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Any info?
Old 04-16-2021, 10:01 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Should i be hearing 6 beep for 6 cell lipo,do i need to use stick programming to mode 9?(lipo)before it recognizes amount of cells or is it always the 3 beep regardless of mode?i assumed mode 4 would be lipo anyway. Does jumper plug need in or out for flying or does it matter?i read both keep and and fly without it.thanks guys for the help
JivePro is set to LiPo detect from factory. You can only stick program mode 1 to 6 and then 10, there are no mode 9 to stick program, this was for the older PowerJive series. You sure you have identified the ESC you have correctly? Please post a pic of the ESC.

Makes no difference if the jumper is in or out for normal operations.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Old 04-17-2021, 01:10 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is the jive pro 120 hv.100 % double checked.i did stick programming mode 1,then 4 last night.and this morning
To make sure its correct..when i hook fully charged 6 cell i get the 3 original beeps and 3 different beeps then inilization, nothing after that and no red led .do these added up 6 beeps total make up it recognizing 6 cells? Or will should there be more,led ok off or should it be illuminated all the time.this setup was done with linear throttle curve 0,25,50,75,100 in tx and ikon (reading 0-100 in ikon travel page for throttle )which is 129 over 129 in dx9 servo travel page on throttle travel.as of now to fly (i havent flew yet)(1)throttle hold on , (2)hook battery up,(3)3 beeps then 3 different beeps and inilization.
(4)throttle hold off at zero pitch wait till rpm stops rising at selected
Throttle position then fly..
Does it matter what position
To start(50N)(60iu1)(80iu2)
Just want to make sure
(1) the 6 beeps total are 6 cells recognized
(2) lipo mode is on and not going to shut down mid flight thing wrong cells or life/nimh battery
(3) led is off ok?or should it stay on after inilization
Old 04-17-2021, 05:35 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

The JIVE Pro manual can be found here:

https://www.kontronik.com/fileadmin/...n/JIVE_Pro.pdf

Section 4.1 - Properties:

Battery detection: when connecting a battery, automatic recognition of cell count begins. The number of the tones is equal to the number of recognised Cells.

long signal tone: 4 Cells recognized
short signal tone: 1 Cell recognized

As for example:
1 short + 1 long tone: 5 Cells
2 long + 2 short tones: 10 Cells

For troubleshooting purposes I recommend eliminating the FBL unit and connecting the ESC directly to the RX throttle output. Once everything is confirmed working then then try going through the FBL unit.
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2021, 08:55 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

All i have other than ikon is 2 spektrum satellite
Old 04-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
All i have other than ikon is 2 spektrum satellite
That will do. It appears all your questions have bee answered. Have you tried spooling it up?
Ace Dude is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in