Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE


Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 600X


Blade 600X Blade 600X Helicopters Information and Help


Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-02-2015, 09:29 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Sep 2014
Default

Str8wing, http://bladehelis.blogspot.com/2013/...ld-series.html those video are great step by step built and tips. 550 are similar to 600
frenchusa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 04-03-2015, 12:46 AM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8wing View Post
I just got one of the last of these from A-main. I've had my eye on this one since it was introduced, so getting one for $300 is great. Any bugs to watch out for, or construction hints would be appreciated. I'm a long time glow heli flyer, but new to larger electrics. -Thanks
When you install the motor there is a set of screws that come with the motor and there's a set of screws in the bag for that step. You'll want to use the shorter screws that came with the motor. If you use the longer ones the screws go into the motor to far and hit the windings. It's a nice flying heli though, and other then that the build went really nice. I picked mine up on clearance in the late fall for a great price too and I'm loving it. What electronics are you thinking of running?
__________________
TSA 700n, Goblin 700 Comp, Trex 700x, Oxy 2, Oxy 3, Oxy 4, Synergy E5s, Synergy N7, Logo 800 Xxtreme
Vbar Neo, VControl
Team Oxy Heli
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 12:55 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Just curious what Headspeeds you guys are running?

I'm at 2400 and like it there quite a bit. Lots and lots of power lol
__________________
TSA 700n, Goblin 700 Comp, Trex 700x, Oxy 2, Oxy 3, Oxy 4, Synergy E5s, Synergy N7, Logo 800 Xxtreme
Vbar Neo, VControl
Team Oxy Heli
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 04:05 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.a View Post
Just curious what Headspeeds you guys are running?

I'm at 2400 and like it there quite a bit. Lots and lots of power lol
Even with a 20T pinion, governing to 2400RPM (assuming it's governed) seems a bit high for the stock drive train. What's your main gear, pinion, and governor setup? Stock motor, I assume?
__________________

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 06:51 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Default 600X w/ Pixhawk and GPS

Thank all of you for your comments!
Mark.a - Try this link for PID its great and easy to follow, the video lays it all out.
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/pid-basics.html
frenchusa - Ya ! your right , and its not so much the cold that can affect gyros and accelerometer's it is the temperature "change" that will.
It is not a given but it can, the greater the change the more a person may want to let the model sit outside for 10 min. or so to "acclimate".
dexterous - Thank you!!!! I will look into that, right now I'm using a variable thro. but it seems gov. mode is the way to go.....
Uriah - Thank you, I am almost there.....

I just checked amain's site and the 600's are now gone.....
When I ordered my kit about a month ago I ordered 2 kits, just in case parts got scarce.... glad I did!
Once again a big THANK YOU to all of you!
Tugman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 10:11 AM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
Even with a 20T pinion, governing to 2400RPM (assuming it's governed) seems a bit high for the stock drive train. What's your main gear, pinion, and governor setup? Stock motor, I assume?
I'm on the stock motor with lynx mod 1 gears, 16 tooth pinion and 133 tooth main. 8.31 ratio. I'm at right about 88% according to what the castle software says for my rpm.
__________________
TSA 700n, Goblin 700 Comp, Trex 700x, Oxy 2, Oxy 3, Oxy 4, Synergy E5s, Synergy N7, Logo 800 Xxtreme
Vbar Neo, VControl
Team Oxy Heli
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 11:22 AM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.a View Post
I'm on the stock motor with lynx mod 1 gears, 16 tooth pinion and 133 tooth main. 8.31 ratio. I'm at right about 88% according to what the castle software says for my rpm.
I'm using the 133T Lynx Gear with 16T pinion, as well. I'm governed to 2300RPM. Any higher and my cheap 3300mAH Haiyin batteries start revealing their "cheapness" (lolz), and my flight times would be too short. At 2300RPM with 2x3300mAH Haiyin batteries, I get 3:30-3:40 of hard 3D coming down at 3.75V/cell. My target time for all my birds is to be able to get 3:30 or more... I could probably try some bigger batteries if I wanted to bump up the headspeed a little more...

Training - 600X - 03/21/15 @ CRCF (3 min 55 sec)
__________________

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 12:06 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
I'm using the 133T Lynx Gear with 16T pinion, as well. I'm governed to 2300RPM. Any higher and my cheap 3300mAH Haiyin batteries start revealing their "cheapness" (lolz), and my flight times would be too short. At 2300RPM with 2x3300mAH Haiyin batteries, I get 3:30-3:40 of hard 3D coming down at 3.75V/cell. My target time for all my birds is to be able to get 3:30 or more... I could probably try some bigger batteries if I wanted to bump up the headspeed a little more...

Training - 600X - 03/21/15 @ CRCF - YouTube

I'm running glacier 4000mah batteries. I'm not as consistently doing 3d like that, but I fly pretty aggresive. And I'm putting around 2000-2400 back into them depending on how I fly after 5 minutes.
__________________
TSA 700n, Goblin 700 Comp, Trex 700x, Oxy 2, Oxy 3, Oxy 4, Synergy E5s, Synergy N7, Logo 800 Xxtreme
Vbar Neo, VControl
Team Oxy Heli
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 12:27 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

In putting 2300-2500mAH back into my 3300mAH packs after 3:40 (ish) of hard 3D. So I stop a few hundred mAH shy of the 80% rule. The 600X is a bit on the heavy side for a 600, so I'm a little hesitant to try bigger batteries. Maybe I could compromise and try some 3700mAH(ish) batteries from Pulse, GensAce, or Glacier.
__________________

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 12:47 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Nov 2014
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriah View Post
In putting 2300-2500mAH back into my 3300mAH packs after 3:40 (ish) of hard 3D. So I stop a few hundred mAH shy of the 80% rule. The 600X is a bit on the heavy side for a 600, so I'm a little hesitant to try bigger batteries. Maybe I could compromise and try some 3700mAH(ish) batteries from Pulse, GensAce, or Glacier.
That could be a decent compromise. I know mine is pretty decent even with the extra weight. It seems to handle the weight well. Just curious what your running for servos and such?
__________________
TSA 700n, Goblin 700 Comp, Trex 700x, Oxy 2, Oxy 3, Oxy 4, Synergy E5s, Synergy N7, Logo 800 Xxtreme
Vbar Neo, VControl
Team Oxy Heli
Mark.a is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 05:23 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark.a View Post
That could be a decent compromise. I know mine is pretty decent even with the extra weight. It seems to handle the weight well. Just curious what your running for servos and such?
I'm running the stock servos from the combo kit. Stock motor. Edge 120HV. Stock BEC. AR7200BX.
__________________

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 06:00 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users
 
Posts: 1,465
 

Join Date: Jan 2011
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dexterous View Post
You may want to increase your head speed. I had a similar issue and 150 RPM completely corrected it.
Just what I was thinking....I think the head speed is a little low.
__________________
Tom
Blade 150s..230s V2, mCPs, 360 and 480 Fusion, Losi 3xl-e and iX12
Nytro97 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-03-2015, 10:31 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Oct 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugman View Post
Thank all of you for your comments!
Mark.a - Try this link for PID its great and easy to follow, the video lays it all out.
http://www.rchelicopterfun.com/pid-basics.html
frenchusa - Ya ! your right , and its not so much the cold that can affect gyros and accelerometer's it is the temperature "change" that will.
It is not a given but it can, the greater the change the more a person may want to let the model sit outside for 10 min. or so to "acclimate".
dexterous - Thank you!!!! I will look into that, right now I'm using a variable thro. but it seems gov. mode is the way to go.....
Uriah - Thank you, I am almost there.....

I just checked amain's site and the 600's are now gone.....
When I ordered my kit about a month ago I ordered 2 kits, just in case parts got scarce.... glad I did!
Once again a big THANK YOU to all of you!
Hey tugman, i tried to respond to the PM you sent me a few weeks ago, but I got a message that you weren't or couldn't accept PM messages.
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 03:28 AM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugman View Post
Hi all,
I tried to post yesterday but must have wiped it out somehow, anyway it seams I can not post pictures yet (tried 3 times).
So all I have for now is this video from the other day working on PID tuning in my 600X. let see if it goes thru this time....
Looks like you're following John Salt's 10-day course on learning helis!? (rchelicopterfun.com) ?

As others have said - the head speed looks/sounds too low which is probably why you're getting those shakes. It's possibly also the training sticks too which can cause resonance vibes with modern flybarless controllers as opposed to older flybarred machines.

What throttle curve are you using - or have you setup a governor?
__________________
Tom
Synergy E7SE / SAB Goblin 630C / SAB Goblin 500 / Logo 550SX v2 / Blade 700X
Blade 180CFX
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 06:38 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Default The little checked box...

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog_taz View Post
Hey tugman, i tried to respond to the PM you sent me a few weeks ago, but I got a message that you weren't or couldn't accept PM messages.
Many apologies Taz!
There was a box checked that should not have been, were good now
Tugman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 09:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Default Head speeds

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatwalden View Post
Looks like you're following John Salt's 10-day course on learning helis!? (rchelicopterfun.com) ?

As others have said - the head speed looks/sounds too low which is probably why you're getting those shakes. It's possibly also the training sticks too which can cause resonance vibes with modern flybarless controllers as opposed to older flybarred machines.

What throttle curve are you using - or have you setup a governor?
To answer your first question- some of it, rchelicopterfun.com has been a great source of info and help as have many other sites and forums.
Most of the time I just lurk/read/study, trying to learn and understand the setting up process and what is done/needed to achieve flight.
I follow different forums and read about issues people are having and what was done to resolve it, and this method has been a huge help to me.
The setup guide for the pixhawk calls for "acro mode" on Tx (DX8 for me), it can be done in "heli mode" but it is much more complex so they advise "acro" to start with. (but I'll get there eventually)
Pitch is setup at -10 to +10 with -3 to +8 being used in stabilize mode (normal mode in blade setup guide) with the full collective pitch range used in "acro flight mode" used in 3d flight. It is also used by the controller to get your butt out of a very bad situation (a bail out feature).
So throttle: at mid stick the motor is getting 50% (or "0" on monitor screen), for pitch she is at +3.3 and this is the hover point.
No governor setup yet but I think that makes more sense and can used with the pixhawk.
Two other flight modes depend on the -3 to +8 and mid stick thro. position or "0" in order to work properly (loiter and altitude hold).
Setup guide here: http://copter.ardupilot.com/wiki/tra...configuration/

And for a real mind bender but huge help for me go here: http://ardupilot.com/forum/viewforum...eba4144fc96bcd

So the question is: for just plain old flyin around and no 3d what would be my target speed for the head??
If I'm understanding this correctly more head speed = more stability?
I really need to update my byline , but for now a picture is worth a thousand words....
Many, many thanks for everyone's input.... big time!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2759.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	105.7 KB
ID:	578188   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2757.jpg
Views:	104
Size:	118.7 KB
ID:	578189  
Tugman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 11:45 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

More headspeed will give you a crisper collective and cyclic response, but it's something only 3D guys will want or appreciate. For sport flying on the 600X, I would recommend governing to about 1900RPM using the stock dampers (Lynx dampers will want more headspeed). Anything upwards of 2000RPM is going to be a waste of energy for sport flying, and will simply reduce your flight times. However, don't feel like you absolutely must use a governor. Fixed endpoints (i.e. regular throttle curves) are perfectly OK; just adjust them until you figure out your desired headspeed.

Also, when you're flying around, I always recommend you fly in IU (idle up), even if you're just sport flying. I setup all my birds to use stunt pitch curves on all three modes (usually linear, but sometimes an S-curve for more pop around center). My throttle curves or governor is usually setup for "stunt" on all three modes, with one exception - mode 1 (i.e. normal mode) has a 0% throttle at bottom stick for an extra fail safe, in case I bump throttle hold on my way to the flight line. Otherwise, I spool-up in IU1/IU2 by flipping throttle hold off while I'm just slightly below mid-stick (slightly negative pitch). Having all three modes with stunt pitch curves is all personal preference, and a lot of really good pilots still like having a "normal" mode. Regardless of whether you have a normal mode or not, I always recommend you switch to stunt mode once your birdie is safely airborne, regardless of your skill level. When you're ready to land, you can go back to normal mode if it makes you more comfortable (I always do an auto at the end of my flights, so that's a mute point for me). Flying in stunt mode all the time, even when you're just sport flying, will give you the basic muscle memory you need for more advanced flying down the road. It will also teach you to use your throttle hold if you lose orientation or feel you're going to crash (instead of slamming your collective all the way down). Sooner or later you're going to be trying some basic flips and rolls, even if you have no aspirations for learning "3D", and you'll thank me later.

__________________

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-04-2015, 02:34 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tugman View Post
...
So the question is: for just plain old flyin around and no 3d what would be my target speed for the head??
If I'm understanding this correctly more head speed = more stability?
...!
Yes, more head speed = more stability. In particular that wobble you see on your 600x is probably caused by a mixture of :-
  • Low head speed
  • resonance vibrations caused by training sticks.
  • Cyclic gains in the FBL you're using.
__________________
Tom
Synergy E7SE / SAB Goblin 630C / SAB Goblin 500 / Logo 550SX v2 / Blade 700X
Blade 180CFX
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-06-2015, 08:31 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Default What about bob?

As you guys know I've been fighting a tail bob for countless days, well I wish bob would leave... I wish bob would go away forever....
Thanks to the advise of puppydog_taz, I found bob.
This can't be good..... (1 min 12 sec)


How that happened I don't know, I do remember banging the tail on the ceiling on the way up the steps from my basement but no ground strikes or tail collisions...
Also found the torque tube had a bow in it, so I pulled the "new" tube from my 2nd kit and it was worse than the original one!!!
I trued the original torque tube and it is far better than the new one.
So as soon as weather permits I can finish my setup and actually go fly.... minus the training gear....

Thank you Uriah for the info on head speed!!! and your excellent tips,
I AM thanking you already!!!
So I am pretty sure bob is gone, never to return.....
Tugman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2015, 07:33 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users
 

Join Date: Feb 2013
Default 600x Build w/Pixhawk

Blade 600X with Pixhawk FBL (5 min 14 sec)
Now she fly's.....
If you read the description on youtube you will see the issue, it was also many "little" corrections and my happiness is very evident 3 times at the end.....
Head speed still the same and pitch still the same, now its on to gov. mode thanks to Uriah...
tomatwalden: you were soooo close to the correct answer's, it was your post that really got me thinking and put me onto the corrections needed..many thanks
If anyone would really like to know pm me and I'll tell you....
Thank you guys.
And a big THANKS to the flying Finn of the north!
Tugman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply




Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Location
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On




Copyright © Website Acquisitions Inc. All rights reserved.
vBulletin Security provided by vBSecurity v2.2.2 (Pro) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2020 DragonByte Technologies Ltd.

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.1