Mini CP is garbage - Page 3 - HeliFreak
Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Mini CP

Mini CP Walkera Mini CP Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 05:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Yeah... it's pretty bad :(

Every week this helicopter has another issue, I haven't flown it in about 5 months because i was too lazy to fix it and was enjoying the V120. My main motor broke, my bl conversion doesn't work, my new motor died out, my feathering shaft was being replaced constantly, and finally my receiver broke.

I decided to finally buy a new receiver and get the bird back in the air (took a month to get here from China) but I can't seem to get the screws in tight enough. The receiver is pretty loose and I can move it with my finger very easily. I know tis causes the FBL unit to go crazy so I was wondering if there is a certain way I'm suppose to get these in... Sounds like a stupid question but The screw really will not go any further. Also, can I just glue the board to the screws? To eliminate flight shaking at least...

My next purchases are gonna be: Metal Rotor Head, Better charger (been using stock for the whole year I've been in this hobby), a few nano techs, and KDBB blades. A little after I get use to flying the mini again, eventually I'll try a brushless upgrade for the second time. Which reminds me... Anyone have a solid BL setup they'd like to share + where you bought it from? I'm kinda looking to spend about 50 bucks, but share yours even if its more.

Thanks a ton!
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 06:29 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Re: Mini CP is garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiniCPflyer0110 View Post
Every week this helicopter has another issue, I haven't flown it in about 5 months because i was too lazy to fix it and was enjoying the V120. My main motor broke, my bl conversion doesn't work, my new motor died out, my feathering shaft was being replaced constantly, and finally my receiver broke.

I decided to finally buy a new receiver and get the bird back in the air (took a month to get here from China) but I can't seem to get the screws in tight enough. The receiver is pretty loose and I can move it with my finger very easily. I know tis causes the FBL unit to go crazy so I was wondering if there is a certain way I'm suppose to get these in... Sounds like a stupid question but The screw really will not go any further. Also, can I just glue the board to the screws? To eliminate flight shaking at least...

My next purchases are gonna be: Metal Rotor Head, Better charger (been using stock for the whole year I've been in this hobby), a few nano techs, and KDBB blades. A little after I get use to flying the mini again, eventually I'll try a brushless upgrade for the second time. Which reminds me... Anyone have a solid BL setup they'd like to share + where you bought it from? I'm kinda looking to spend about 50 bucks, but share yours even if its more.

Thanks a ton!
As far as the screws, I recently replaced my Rx and if you don't get the screws in straight they may have trouble going in all the way. So I'd make sure they're straight. If they are I would check the length of them as well to make sure they aren't too long. If your Rx came with screws, try those. If you're using those then try the ones that originally came with the mini cp.

As far as the metal head, I wouldn't get it. It will just add weight to your heli and more weight makes it more sluggish, less battery life, and crashes are more likely to cause damage. Plus an aluminum head will bend where plastic may have survived, and if it didn't it would have broken one piece that absorbed all the force instead of breaking multiple parts like metal will.

As far as a brushless kit, wowhobbies has one for $55 that I have heard good things about. I would get the one that comes with a main gear.

Honestly if you have a v120 then I wouldn't put too much into the mini cp. The v120 seems better than the mini cp and your money would be better spent upgrading that IMO. Not to mention a brushless upgrade on the mini will probably require a better tail motor as well to keep the tail authority. Where the v120 has a shaft driven tail so only requires one motor and doesn't seem to have many problems with tail authority.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
tstivers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 06:32 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I got the parts to get this thing running again today (finally). I cannot believe how stable it is. Night and day difference. It goes through a whole pack now and never tries to pull in any direction. I can let go of the sticks and it will literally hover in place moving very slightly. Its amazing. It was definitely a defective receiver causing it to pull to the right.

The parts couldn't have arrived on a better day either. I took it outside and there was zero wind at all. It hovered just as stable as it did inside, and required no collective correction at all.

The 3DPro blades I got from rc711 made a huge difference in smoothness as well. I can't feel any noticeable vibration at all. Perfectly balanced, and they look awesome too. Haven't tried the upgraded tail motor/blades I bought yet because I figure I'll kill the stock one then install the upgraded one, but I'm sure that will make a huge difference too.

Now I just need to build this 250 I got the new airframe for today as well.

I'm a happy camper.

Sent from my XT1028 using Tapatalk
tstivers is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2014, 10:17 AM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Coming from motor trouble with my (returned) nCPX, I purchased my Mini CP & Devo 8S from Helipal. Flew great and stable out of the box. There is a sense of quality with this set, in my opinion. I like this little bird so much, that I will also upgrade my "old" V120D02-V2 with the more solid V120D02S canopy, new blades...and maybe a new 6-axis receiver in the future.
Old 08-27-2014, 11:59 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

sometime its not the heli to blame ,sometime its the pilot

Walkera Mini Cp indoor 3d flight (3 min 51 sec)
jamichx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.