Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 500X

Blade 500X Blade 500X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2014, 10:28 AM   #201 (permalink)
Registered Users

Take a Pic
Advertisement

Old 09-06-2014, 12:36 AM   #202 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rebuilt the tail with some ceramic bearings,cf blades,new belt,jr servo,just preventive cause flight count was getting up there. More locked in than ever!! Put over 70 more flights on her,love this heli cant put it down.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00274.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	101.2 KB
ID:	534164   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00276.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	92.6 KB
ID:	534165   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00275.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	96.9 KB
ID:	534166   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00277.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	99.0 KB
ID:	534167  
d423,150x,300x,500x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 03:54 PM   #203 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default bound to happen...

Well was bound to happen, ended up putting it into the ground and now need a new main gear main shaft, canopy mounts, main blade grips, tail servo mount maybe the tail servo, swash link rods and blades

45 flights and this happens, went inverted and the tail kicked out so trying to get back over and the tail starts kicking out more, nice thing was hit the TH with in time so didn't go into the ground under power
Dx6i/Dx6
Sash31 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2014, 06:37 PM   #204 (permalink)
Registered Users

Nice pics...Great 500X & Trex.
What's your thoughts on the AL tail case? I just replaced my plastic tail case with the aluminum unit from Blade, as well as the tail rotor grips. I was having terrible luck with the tail case bearings. I re-lubricated the thrust bearings in the tail rotor's and put everything back together. Then when I went to spooled up to test, one of the thrust bearing retaining bolts broke off and flung the rotor blade to who knows where. I found out that I torqued down the bolt too tight and I must have partially sheared it off and then when I spooled it up, the centrifugal force popped it the rest of the way off. So lucky that happened on the ground and not up in the air. It actually spun the tail case counterclockwise about a sixth of a turn. One thing I really need to do when I re-build the tail is balance the blades and also the whole assembly to check for vibrations. Also going to ground the tailboom assembly to the motor mount.
Old 09-08-2014, 12:21 PM   #205 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well parts are ordered, and should be here friday but boy talk about a nice bill!

But should hopefully have her back together within 3 hours I hope. and I think I'm gonna spend a bit more time on the sim and try to prevent this happening again!
Dx6i/Dx6
Old 09-09-2014, 12:05 AM   #206 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail case is great,i put good bearings in it and loctite them in place. No need to over torque thrust bearings just use some loctite n u should be good.its important that the blade grips move freely not notchy. But with no play,i also had to add shims to spindel shaft to get rid of the play that the brass shim in the kit dident take care of. Its important that the 500 tail is compleatly vibe free!! Cf tail blades help out alot. Good luck, this can be a great heli i have enjoyed hundreds of hard 3d flites on mine n still goin.
d423,150x,300x,500x is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-11-2014, 01:11 PM   #207 (permalink)
Registered Users

Successful test hover yesterday with my new Blade 500X. Now I need to get that tail bounce back sorted out.
Old 09-11-2014, 01:53 PM   #208 (permalink)
Registered Users

Not to sound trivial, but did you make sure you're set-up properly mechanically? Mine was not out of the box, it required a few turns on the tail pushrod.

To test, switch to an appropriate gain in rate mode, if the heli piro's on its own, some adjustment will be needed. Getting the tail set-up properly goes a long way to help make tuning a much less frustrating experience..
Old 09-13-2014, 09:56 AM   #209 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted2112 View Post
Not to sound trivial, but did you make sure you're set-up properly mechanically? Mine was not out of the box, it required a few turns on the tail pushrod.

To test, switch to an appropriate gain in rate mode, if the heli piro's on its own, some adjustment will be needed. Getting the tail set-up properly goes a long way to help make tuning a much less frustrating experience..

Thanks for the tip. I took your advice and sure enough...it needed the same adjustment. A couple of CW turns kept the heli from rotating. Switching back to HH mode, I needed to reduce my previous gyro setting ...now near stock settings and solid tail. I'm going to try this technique on my 450X since I had similar issues.
Old 09-13-2014, 11:10 AM   #210 (permalink)
Registered Users

Glad to hear it helped!

It makes the electronic tuning much easier for sure.
Old 09-13-2014, 02:28 PM   #211 (permalink)
Registered Users

I flew it... maiden flight of newly traded for 5003d.
She is smooth as butter, gentle lady in the sky as compared to my 450x, and 300x.
Quite pleased with my first ever "flybar" flights.
Old 09-14-2014, 11:10 AM   #212 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crashed it.
myvrodrocks1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 04:57 PM   #213 (permalink)
Registered Users

Crashed it yesterday last pack...go figure.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 06:40 PM   #214 (permalink)
Registered Users

Three flights after 2 months off.
hoverfun is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2014, 08:14 PM   #215 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would stink after two months off! How did it go?..
Old 09-14-2014, 08:17 PM   #216 (permalink)
Registered Users

Myvrod & Lubeman:
Have you surveyed the crash damage? Hopefully it's not toothpicks....
Old 09-15-2014, 08:44 AM   #217 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well got the parts I needed to fix her, but as we're taking out the main gear my dad and I find that the owb is shot!

And since the lhs isn't open on sunday we have to wait till today to get the part and then start again this coming weekend oh well at least it's a long weekend for me, so plenty of time to go flying!
Dx6i/Dx6
Old 09-15-2014, 10:18 AM   #218 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBrom View Post
Myvrod & Lubeman:
Have you surveyed the crash damage? Hopefully it's not toothpicks....
Already fixed...had everything I needed in spares, just have to test hover today sometime.

Team Flybar & "Less" now
LubeMan1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-15-2014, 08:16 PM   #219 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey, I can join your ranks as well!
Just crashed the 500X. (Again).
Practicing backward flight loops etc. Brain fart and gave wrong input trying to climb out! :-(
Nice tall bean field softened blow, but still stripped OWB, both blades of course, lost the whole TR because the tail shaft cracked off just outside the tail case. (would have loved to find that thing because at least I could've saved the tail blades maybe, thrust bearings possibly, tail hub?) Who knows.
Main gear stripped off some teeth. Replacing the main shaft, it looks pretty decent but it's been through a couple crashes so I'm just going to replace it to eliminate possible vibrations.
One broken main grip (good time to replace those 80 dampers).
Left side cyclic servo gears stripped and pushrod broke.
My New aluminum tail case is intact except the inboard flanged bearing broke out.
Looks like I've got all the parts to get her back in the air again. There goes my last set of 14.99 blades! Dang.
Old 09-15-2014, 08:24 PM   #220 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Almost turned it over Sunday

The 500 3D was the last bird to fly Sunday and on the last packed I almost creamed it.

Planker was about to go up and hollowed, "how much longer you got", I replied that my timer was about to go off. He walked over and we were talking as I was landing. There was a gust of wind when I got it almost landed and I don't know if it was that or my lack of full attention that caused it from coming inches away from a blade strike.

I thought o s&%t this is going to be bad, but kept flying in hopes of recovery. Well there was quit a bit of blade farting and some quick reaction but I got it stable and leveled out. It was close.

My planker buddy told me, "Man that was impressive and a awesome save, with I had a video of that".

It was a close call. I have been considering converting to FBL for a while and had I destroyed some head parts the upgrade oppurtunity would have been caused no mor delay in conversion. Well today I decided to convert anyway, and with good 3D head parts maybe I can pick up a few bucks for them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in