Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2014, 09:16 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130X with GY280RX

I have all of the parts needed to complete my new build using the GY280RX, I'm having issue with the GY280's blue LED indicator it will not go solid, just keeps on blinking. Here's a video of what I'm trying to explain.

GY280RX Issues (1 min 33 sec)

anybody else seen this problem before?

Last edited by fabian1675; 03-17-2014 at 10:03 AM..
fabian1675 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2014, 09:19 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

when you program it, it should already be bound to your transmitter.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 09:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
when you program it, it should already be bound to your transmitter.
Yap tried all that, even tried different rx type still the same.

I pulled up the log and it said the the sate is out of synch? I'm wondering if it's due to my radio I'm using a futaba 8FG with spektrum module, but my radio works just fine with the rest of my heli(s) that has a spektrum rx it in.
Attached Images
File Type: bmp untitled.bmp (1,016.3 KB, 422 views)
Old 03-14-2014, 10:00 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

make sure the transmitter is in dsm2 mode?
Old 03-14-2014, 12:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still not flying this Gyro as my project seems to be two steps forward, 3 steps back....but from what I've experienced with my setup is that the blue light flashes until I take TH off and spool up.
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-14-2014, 12:56 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsntme View Post
I'm still not flying this Gyro as my project seems to be two steps forward, 3 steps back....but from what I've experienced with my setup is that the blue light flashes until I take TH off and spool up.

I posted this same question in the walkera V120, TR2N gave me the answer, I had to select the normal rx in the rx menu and it worked like a champ. Hooking up the rest of the components and I should have this bad boy ready for test flight soon.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian1675 View Post
I posted this same question in the walkera V120, TR2N gave me the answer, I had to select the normal rx in the rx menu and it worked like a champ. Hooking up the rest of the components and I should have this bad boy ready for test flight soon.
Sweet. Once you get it tuned it's going to be awesome! I just got mine GY280 build back together after I had Dylwad repair it. Now I just need a new AR guide and I'll be back in business and can get on with tuning.
Old 03-14-2014, 11:50 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Build Progress

Here's some pics of my progress so far. I've taken out the casing of the GY280 and replaced it with heat shrink, because I did not like how the sides and top just "floats" around the unit and can possibly cause unnecessary vibration.

This are the components I'm using for this build

GY280RX (case removed)
RKH frame
Microheli DFC head
Xtreme V2 Swash
Xtreme Tail case
Blue Arrow D03013MG for cyclic
DS76T for tail
Quantum motor
YGE12S ESC
Lynx 116T one way assembly
4mm round boom
Lynx tail rotor assembly

by the way, the bluetooth works on the GY280 using the same bluetooth adapter I got from ebay, nothing like programming your little heli using your cell phone...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00008.jpg
Views:	1029
Size:	46.4 KB
ID:	494595   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00009.jpg
Views:	1132
Size:	60.0 KB
ID:	494596   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00010.jpg
Views:	994
Size:	64.7 KB
ID:	494597   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00011.jpg
Views:	840
Size:	46.1 KB
ID:	494598   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00012.jpg
Views:	1288
Size:	66.6 KB
ID:	494599  

Old 03-15-2014, 11:26 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looking good there, I like how you mounted the esc and elevator servo......Tidy build you've got going there.
Old 03-16-2014, 03:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks man,

I made some more progress today, hooked up and shortened the wires for the cyclic servo, still waiting for my tail servo. Here's a short test video testing out the servo, GY280 and motor and ESC.

130X with GY280 (1 min 12 sec)

and some more pics, some side comparison between my other 130X with mini Vbar, and here's also a pic of the blue arrow DO3013 servo for those who are curious about it's dimension, the dimension it's pretty accurate with a variance of 0.2mm to 0.4mm from all 4 servo's I've got.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00004.jpg
Views:	728
Size:	73.8 KB
ID:	494975   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00005.jpg
Views:	619
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	494976   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00006.jpg
Views:	1159
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	494977   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00006~2.jpg
Views:	607
Size:	69.1 KB
ID:	494978   Click image for larger version

Name:	CAM00014.jpg
Views:	574
Size:	74.4 KB
ID:	494979  

Old 03-17-2014, 10:26 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

That looks awesome and runs so smooth. Great work !!

Could you please share some info on those servo-to-swash push rods? I really like them and I'd like to copy them if possible.

Your RKH frame looks like the one designed for DS35. Is it a drop-in fit for D03013's? I have the Hitec 5035 one and I need to elongate the mounting hole in the servo tab and file the servo case a little to get those D03013's to fit. Also, does the DSS35 frame accept 116T gear without modification? My 5035 one certainly don't have room for 116T.

Thanks.

Alden
aldenyuan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2014, 10:58 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

the DS-35 frame has a slightly different geometry than the hitec frame. The upper portion is taller but the lower portion is shorter. You end up with the same exact overall height not sure why it had to be like this for those servos but it is what it is. It's a slight nuisance to convert it to hitec too. I personally have done it because I wanted a green hitec style frame before they offered it. Little did I know they would end up releasing it two days after I had ordered the parts.
Old 03-17-2014, 08:02 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by aldenyuan View Post
That looks awesome and runs so smooth. Great work !!

Could you please share some info on those servo-to-swash push rods? I really like them and I'd like to copy them if possible.

Your RKH frame looks like the one designed for DS35. Is it a drop-in fit for D03013's? I have the Hitec 5035 one and I need to elongate the mounting hole in the servo tab and file the servo case a little to get those D03013's to fit. Also, does the DSS35 frame accept 116T gear without modification? My 5035 one certainly don't have room for 116T.

Thanks.

Alden
Thanks,

The push rods that I'm using is from T-rex 250DFC and you'll need to either drill or tap the stock ball links in order for the rod to work.

Yes, this RKH frame was designed for DS35, I had to order the hitec servo mount to use it with the DO3013, because the mount that came with the frame will not work. I did have to slightly elongate the servo tab for ail/pitch servo, the elevator servo is mounted using a home made servo mount.

I had to mill down the rear aluminum support (~ 1mm) to use the 116T main gear.
Old 03-23-2014, 08:49 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

A couple of weeks ago I purchased a DS76T servo from (RCG) that I was going to use for the tail, but for whatever reason it never showed up, the guy who sold it to me felt really bad and refund me my money without even me asking for a refund.

I'm anxious to get this bird flying so I guess I'm just going to try the DO3013 see how it holds up.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:34 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks,

The push rods that I'm using is from T-rex 250DFC and you'll need to either drill or tap the stock ball links in order for the rod to work.

Yes, this RKH frame was designed for DS35, I had to order the hitec servo mount to use it with the DO3013, because the mount that came with the frame will not work. I did have to slightly elongate the servo tab for ail/pitch servo, the elevator servo is mounted using a home made servo mount.

I had to mill down the rear aluminum support (~ 1mm) to use the 116T main gear.
If you ever want to setup the servo like stock, you will need the carbon fiber plate from the red bull hitec frame. When you get it, it will be just a bit long on the lower part (i trimmed it with some scissors) the next thing i found was that the upper holes for the mount are tapped but, to my dismay, the lower ones weren't so I purchased a 1mm tap bit and tapped the holes after that.....everything lined up well and it's all good.

Hehe, a bit of a pain for something that was released two days after I got the frame.
Old 03-23-2014, 10:36 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
A couple of weeks ago I purchased a DS76T servo from (RCG) that I was going to use for the tail, but for whatever reason it never showed up, the guy who sold it to me felt really bad and refund me my money without even me asking for a refund.

I'm anxious to get this bird flying so I guess I'm just going to try the DO3013 see how it holds up.
No hobby shops local to you? Because I would think you could get that quite easily since it's the servo for a 300x. Even if you ordered it from someplace local it'd probably be there in a day or two.
Old 03-25-2014, 07:37 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

You don't need a Spektrum satellite receiver with the GY280RX do you? It already works with a DSMX/DSM2 transmitter.

Is anybody actually flying one of these yet? I am waiting a little longer before I pull the trigger on one.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-25-2014, 08:39 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
You don't need a Spektrum satellite receiver with the GY280RX do you? It already works with a DSMX/DSM2 transmitter.

Is anybody actually flying one of these yet? I am waiting a little longer before I pull the trigger on one.

Funny you ask, I JUST declared my gy280rx build a success . I'm uploading my video I just took out front at the moment. I still get just a little bobble sometimes but I think the majority of my tuning is done, just gotta get it real dialed in now. I only just started flying around with this FBL but from my experience today, I'm very happy with it.

Oh, and no you don't need a sat receiver, just bind it right to your spektrum radio.
Old 03-26-2014, 08:12 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

OK tell us and SHOW us more!

I was gonna ask if the gyro gains can be adjusted like with the stock 3n1, they I was like oh ya, vbar!

Has everyone used the vbar, or does anyone use the regular firmware?
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-26-2014, 08:20 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
OK tell us and SHOW us more!

I was gonna ask if the gyro gains can be adjusted like with the stock 3n1, they I was like oh ya, vbar!

Has everyone used the vbar, or does anyone use the regular firmware?
mine so far
https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=139

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in