Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2015, 06:49 PM   #541 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
i never had to mess with the pid on either one of my helis. maybe your gain is too high. you know, the gain in the gy280 and the gain in your transmitter is additive.
I don't think the gain is additive.

I use the gyro gain levels in the TX to change banks.
Now I can have each bank the same, except for gain levels, but that is different and definitely not additive.

I'm not sure if the gy280rx can be configured any other way, but I don't think the Radio can effect the gain levels in the gyro in any way. (other than switch banks).

The gain numbers set in v-stabi are fixed. The main slider is a blend.
SkyKraken is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-02-2015, 08:04 PM   #542 (permalink)
Registered Users

maybe it was the expo then....one of the two IS additive for sure.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2015, 08:21 PM   #543 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default need help

I just bought a heli with a gy280rx that is supposed to be all set up and ready to go I just have to set up my transmitter. I can't seem to get my computer to recognize my heli. I have the vstabi on my computer, It says no connection when my heli is connected to my computer. I tried it on 2 different computers. When I find the usb port in my computer it says my driver for vstabi is bad. So I go to mikada and try to get a new driver, but can't seem to get an account there. I think I need a new driver?? I'm lost for what to do. I looked at the videos and I can't even get stated
benddg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-03-2015, 10:44 PM   #544 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

i am trying to figure out which servo goes to which port on the GY280RX (Right servo, Left servo, Pitch vs. # 2, 3, 4 etc. on the RX).

Really hoping someone can let me know, I am sure it is in this super long post ... but it is already some 28 pages long

thank you in advance
karma4u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-04-2015, 05:54 PM   #545 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have not used a GY280, but it is based on the Vbar.
Maybe this will help.......

VBar 101 - Episode 11 Part 1 - Swashplate servo setup (4 min 44 sec)

HW.
Old 09-05-2015, 03:32 PM   #546 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thank you very much
karma4u is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2018, 04:31 PM   #547 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi fellas, Couple of questions. I just inherited a 130x from my friend who gave up on it. I have a 200srx and a 230s that I fly both well but not in non self leveling at all. Not gonna try either. I get dis oriented to quick and would just dumb thumb and crash. Not into 3d or crashing as down time and cost. The 130x I got has Micro Heli alunminum head and tail. It also has a rotory tail servo. The main frame is stock and has the linear stock servos. Ok, in modern times there are flybarless units that self level without limiting bank angles. Ive seen the GY280rx, but no info on self leveling. Is there a cheap FBL unit, (clone) that will work for the 130x that features self level, safe, bailout etc. The other question I have is the MH aluminum tail box no good. Should that be back to stock. He did get the metal gears, still new in pack. Not sure whether to scrap it or what. Also, I wonder if it could simply be turned into the newer 130s with a motorized tail, which would be a lot simpler on a heli this small. I disassembled it, and the stock frame with TT tail is where all the problems associated with the 130x came from. So, had he known what we all know now, instead of the bling, he should have gotten the MH x airframe, rotory servos, and just upgraded the TT gears. Now the bearings issue still remains, I'm assuming that upgrade would also have to be done. Whats, the best, cheapest route, buy another heli and throw away $400 worth of already bought stuff? I think it would be fun with some, well mechanical and electronic corrections .Any help appreciated. Cheers
Old 01-29-2018, 09:10 PM   #548 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you are not ready for flying without SAFE and bailout I would not recommend the 130X. As you stated you don’t want to spend a lot on repairs and down time. I can tell you the 130X is a little tricky to work on and can sometimes be tedious. Rather than invest your $ into a 130X project to make it fly with self level why not just get a used 130S. I don’t believe you would be able to create a 130S from a 130X. They are two completely different styles of helis and have very different electronics.
Chris1683 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-30-2018, 11:43 AM   #549 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gotya, the 130x is shelved after tinkering with the micro heli tail, what a nightmare. Thanks
Old 03-27-2019, 07:18 PM   #550 (permalink)
Registered Users

Long story short, I received a 130X which had been converted to a MH rotary frame and GY280RX FBL/Receiver combo and some kind of ESC that I cannot identify. Lynx 3S motor; I don't think there is a single stock part left on this copter. Cyclical servos are Blue Arrow; not sure what the tail servo is. This copter came with a spare FBL unit and a little "SangyuRC" box for programming, which appears to be the programming box that normally came with it.

This is what I have:

https://guide.alibaba.com/shop/flyba..._74967803.html

1. I cannot get program the FBL unit. I can get the heli to turn on and bind and take off, but the programming box appears blank, no matter what I do. The box is sealed with a little paper seal, so I don't think it takes a battery.

Any idea where to start? Keep in mind that I know less than nothing about programming FBLs or ESCs. Programming a standard 130X gyro is about as far as I have gone.

2. As mentioned, I can get the little guy to take off, but I cannot get the tail to hold at all; it spins clockwise as if it had a blown c gear but the gear train appears fine. There is a fair amount of slop in the gears, but they do hold.

Any suggestions where the problem might be? The only other thing I can think of is a problem in the servo or the FBL unit or its programming.

Whoever built this copter spent a lot of time and cash and love on it, so I'd like to salvage it if I can.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	heli2_1553732416279.jpg
Views:	40
Size:	882.0 KB
ID:	784811   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli4_1553732426332.jpg
Views:	36
Size:	899.1 KB
ID:	784813   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli3_1553732435124.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	803.1 KB
ID:	784815   Click image for larger version

Name:	heli1_1553732445306.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	928.8 KB
ID:	784817  
Old 03-28-2019, 05:43 AM   #551 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you do a search for gy280 in the 130x forum you should find some info.
I have not had one of these yet but have seen them mentioned before. The esc I believe is a blheli.

Sent from my LGL63BL using Tapatalk
inganeer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2019, 10:15 AM   #552 (permalink)
Registered Users

I've been searching the GY280 in this forum and on the internet but getting no love.

Actually, a GY280 owner's manual would probably be as helpful as anything right now.
Old 03-28-2019, 07:42 PM   #553 (permalink)
Registered Users

Maybe this will help.

GY280RX support direct bind with DSM2/DSMX transmitter, as follows: 1, Turn off the transmitter, put the ESC in THR port to supply power for the GY280RX;
2, Wait approximately 12 seconds or more, "Status" lights flash once about one second, flash more than 12 times;
3, Pull the ESC battery, back to GY280RX, then see "RX" light flashes, the receiver start on the frequency mode;
4, Press and hold the BIND button to turn on the transmitter (View the specified operation on the transmitter instruction on frequency), the "RX" light received a signal into a slow flash until the "RX" light stay lit, then loose the BIND button of the transmitter. Bind successfully!
5, After binding, you need to give GY280RX the power to make it work properly;
6, After the first successful bind, you need turn on the transmitter at first in the future to give GY280RX power, wait until gyro self-test completed and "Status" light stay lit into normal flight. Do not move the aircraft during the gyro self-test, nor in your hand or placed on the vibrating place.

Mrowka likes this.
Old 03-28-2019, 08:09 PM   #554 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here is some more info.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ds-info-thread

Mrowka likes this.
Old 03-29-2019, 10:59 AM   #555 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inganeer View Post
Here is some more info.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...ds-info-thread

Thanks, I've read that thread. I am going to cross post my question over there however, so thank you once more.

Last edited by Mrowka; 04-01-2019 at 11:35 AM..
Mrowka is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-01-2019, 11:40 AM   #556 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by inganeer View Post
Maybe this will help.

GY280RX support direct bind with DSM2/DSMX transmitter, as follows: 1, Turn off the transmitter, put the ESC in THR port to supply power for the GY280RX;
2, Wait approximately 12 seconds or more, "Status" lights flash once about one second, flash more than 12 times;
3, Pull the ESC battery, back to GY280RX, then see "RX" light flashes, the receiver start on the frequency mode;
4, Press and hold the BIND button to turn on the transmitter (View the specified operation on the transmitter instruction on frequency), the "RX" light received a signal into a slow flash until the "RX" light stay lit, then loose the BIND button of the transmitter. Bind successfully!
5, After binding, you need to give GY280RX the power to make it work properly;
6, After the first successful bind, you need turn on the transmitter at first in the future to give GY280RX power, wait until gyro self-test completed and "Status" light stay lit into normal flight. Do not move the aircraft during the gyro self-test, nor in your hand or placed on the vibrating place.

For those of you who are keeping score at home, I had been able to bind to the GY280RX. I followed the protocol above and again was able to bind but I still can't get the programming box to come on. I do not know whether this is a fault in the box, the cable, or something else.

I have since noticed that the rudder and aileron controls seem reversed. Reversing the servos on the Tx reverses servo travels but doesn't seem to help controllability, so I am thinking that the gyros for these two channels are also reversed. (I understand that these gyro functions can be reversed in the GY280).

So, assuming that all of the above is correct, if I can get the programming box to come on, I can reverse the rudder and aileron gyros and everything will be copacetic.

Does any of this make any sense, and does my logic make any sense?
Old 04-03-2019, 04:05 PM   #557 (permalink)
Registered Users

Double check your tail gear mech.

I had your symptoms on a bone stock bird and the tail boom or tail box was not adjusted correctly and the gears would slip in flight.

This eventually killed the C gear which lead me to finding the problem.
Mrowka likes this.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in