Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2014, 12:02 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsntme View Post
Are you flying this unit or are you flying an original miniV like Fabians other bird? Do you have any flight video? I like to see how others have been able to set up their machines. I really like watching BMC76 tool around with the zyx-s.

Fabian; what are you using for bluetooth programming? I really need to order something since running inside to my PC is not terribly convenient or portable, perhaps you could point me in the right direction.
I will have video once it warms up some.....it's still cold here in Detroit. Also, yes, have two GY-280's one on Microheli frame and one on Rakon frame. (was running a beastx clone). Neither of them are fully built right now because I refuse to fly in the cold and therefore it's not a priority for me to finish them. I got started and I was thinking (why, I can't even fly them right now) So a good portion of the parts are in bags and if I get the itch to work on them I do little things. like soldering on the connectors for the lipos, motors, esc......etc.

Once it warms up I will be putting my pivothead glasses to good use.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-29-2014, 10:07 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Did some more testing today, it looks like the head dampeners mod I did helped with the wobble issue. Here's a short indoor test with the cyclic gain cranked up to 65, when I was doing this same maneuver before the heli would wobble so bad that I almost crashed it and that was with the cyclic gain value at 35.

GY280 cyclic test (1 min 32 sec)

Kevin, this is the bluetooth adapter I'm using for programming I got it from ebay and the connector that you see is the one that came with the unit, I'm using this adapter to program my vstabi and GY280 with no issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20140329_195615.jpg
Views:	302
Size:	63.3 KB
ID:	498752   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140329_195625.jpg
Views:	268
Size:	65.1 KB
ID:	498753  
Old 03-30-2014, 01:08 AM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian1675 View Post
...Kevin, this is the bluetooth adapter I'm using for programming I got it from ebay and the connector that you see is the one that came with the unit, I'm using this adapter to program my vstabi and GY280 with no issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Thanks for the pictures and info. Too bad it looks like I'll have to wait on shipping from China to get that device you have....bummer! Good news it's $10 with free shipping.
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 01:25 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Test Flight Update

Day off today, so that means more test flight, here's the summary of my test flight so far:

- Fast forward flight good no bobbing straight
- Fast backward flight good no bobbing straight
- Figure 8 going between inverted/upright good
- Hurricanes good it tracks nicely
- Funnels I'm really liking how this thing tracks when I'm doing funnels, it's at least as good if not better than my other 130X with vstabi on it... not sure if that's a fair comparison because I'm almost comparing apples and oranges here, The GY280 has different frame, servo, motor and esc, head and swash
- Tic/Tocs elevator, I notice a slight kick of the tail, not sure if it's due to my headspeed being lower? the battery I'm using is old and has been through many cycles. Aileron is good no kicks stays horizontal
- Piro flip (I'm still trying to learn this maneuver so it's not the prettiest), I notice a difference on this too, it seems to track much better when I'm stirring the stick, I mainly notice this when going from inverted to upright, again this might be due to having different components on this bird.

All in all I think this thing i worth the money, the flying characteristics between this and my other 130X is very very similar if not the same,

with this bird though I had to changed out the stock head dampeners to a vitone o-ring I'm not sure if that's due to the fact that I'm using a different head (microheli DFC) the other is lynx. I did this because the cyclic gain was a little lower (30) than I wanted it to be, with the o-ring mod I was able to raise the cyclic gain to 50.
Old 03-31-2014, 01:40 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's some pics of the o-ring mod I did, I just wanted to share this because it's been good for me so far, it has completely eliminated the head wobble. In the following pics you'll noticed the brass spacer O.D. is smaller I ground it down so it clears the dampeners housing and butted up against the dampener instead of being butted-up against the lip of the housing, I guess this would not be a problem as long as your dampener protrudes out from the housing, if not then it's a problem.

Again I'm only sharing this because it has worked good for me, it does not guarantee the same result for others, but if you still have the head wobble issue and you've exhausted all your option this may be worth a shot. I've also attached the part # and where I got it from.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	20140331_104959.jpg
Views:	280
Size:	76.5 KB
ID:	499145   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331_105127.jpg
Views:	239
Size:	70.2 KB
ID:	499146   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331_105304.jpg
Views:	218
Size:	42.8 KB
ID:	499147   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331_105314.jpg
Views:	225
Size:	43.4 KB
ID:	499148   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140331_105457.jpg
Views:	228
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	499149  

Name:	20140331_105932.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	499150   Click image for larger version

Name:	20140328_211938.jpg
Views:	215
Size:	51.3 KB
ID:	499151  

Last edited by fabian1675; 04-01-2014 at 12:30 AM..
fabian1675 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2014, 11:06 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 130X

I fly with fabian and was blown away Saturday when he was flying it. Tick Tocks were really solid, smooth, lot's of power.
Awesome heli.
Calmair is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 03:56 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

get us a nice video!!! ;-)

looks promising so far!
MrTal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 03:50 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130X with GY280RX

I pulled the trigger and ordered a gy280rx!

Gotta hurry up n wait for shipping from China now.

Are you guys running 2S or 3S?

What esc's. CC Phoenix 10 or Talon 15? Or BL heli?

Question about the connectors, are you using the standard 130x servo connectors or are they a different size?

Really looking forward to messing with the setup. If I like it, it might make me more inclined to buy a mini vbar. I think this clone helps sales not take them away.
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-09-2014, 07:54 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
I pulled the trigger and ordered a gy280rx!

Gotta hurry up n wait for shipping from China now.

Are you guys running 2S or 3S?

What esc's. CC Phoenix 10 or Talon 15? Or BL heli?

Question about the connectors, are you using the standard 130x servo connectors or are they a different size?

Really looking forward to messing with the setup. If I like it, it might make me more inclined to buy a mini vbar. I think this clone helps sales not take them away.
It doesn't even make sense to buy the CC10 anymore as it retails higher than the Talon15.
The connectors are Walkera style connectors. I went 3s but some are flying 2s also....Just depends on what you want and how heavy your bird is. I know both of mine are going to be on the heavy side because they are both completely blinged out and have fiberglass canopies.
Old 04-09-2014, 12:46 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130X with GY280RX

I have a cc10 ready to go, but I think ill use it on a 3S stretched 130.

Im dreaming of 4 rotor fully stretched 3S heavyweight for my gy280rx 130. So I'll get a talon 15 for that one.

So does everyone swap connectors for their servo wires?
Old 04-09-2014, 02:03 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

So does everyone swap connectors for their servo wires?
I'm sure not everyone does. Some people prefer ready-made adapters for a plug-n-play type setup.

I used These Connectors and These Terminals and just soldered them.

Old 04-09-2014, 03:17 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I'm sure not everyone does. Some people prefer ready-made adapters for a plug-n-play type setup.

I used These Connectors and These Terminals and just soldered them.
Thanks for sharing the info, I'm going to order some for later use.
Old 04-09-2014, 03:40 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Make it even easier and use these:

http://hansenhobbies.com/products/co...clite_28-01_fu

or

http://hansenhobbies.com/products/co...clite_28-03_fu
Old 04-09-2014, 05:33 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
A little easier to make the connection, sure, but now you've got a 3-wire-splice times 5...that's 15 connections that now need wrapped/heatshrink or other protection.... a lot easier in the long run to just put the correct plug.
Old 04-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Silly question, but, the regular 130X female terminals (removed from the connector) donít fit the bigger gy280rx (futaba) connector housing do they?

Thanks for the link, I will probably get some of those. I am glad it not like hot dogs and buns where you cant get a matching amount, 30 terminals for 10 connectors, perfect.
Old 04-09-2014, 08:22 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Silly question, but, the regular 130X female terminals (removed from the connector) donít fit the bigger gy280rx (futaba) connector housing do they?

Thanks for the link, I will probably get some of those. I am glad it not like hot dogs and buns where you cant get a matching amount, 30 terminals for 10 connectors, perfect.

Nope, stock 130x connectors will not work, they are the wrong pitch. 1.00x3 instead of 1.25x3 I believe.
Old 04-13-2014, 11:27 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fabian, how is your heli doing? I finally got a half dozen decent flights in on mine and am LOVING IT! The GY280rx just makes it soo stable! Taking me some getting used to flying with a governed headspeed but it is awesome for sure.

Get us all some video of yours, some smack 3d please since I can't
Old 04-14-2014, 02:01 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Fabian, how is your heli doing? I finally got a half dozen decent flights in on mine and am LOVING IT! The GY280rx just makes it soo stable! Taking me some getting used to flying with a governed headspeed but it is awesome for sure.

Get us all some video of yours, some smack 3d please since I can't
Hey Kevin, mine is flying great. I had to change the gear ratio in an attemp to get more headspeed, I went with a 10T pinion vice 9T and changed the main gear from 116T to stock which I think has 112T, so far I'm pretty happy with the result, I had to drop both cyclic and tail gain. Cyclic is now 45 vice 52 and tail 44 vice 50, I'll see if I can convince my girl to take a video with my camera phone, I don't have one of those fancy gopro camera. I'm glad to hear that you're finally enjoying yours, nice flying
Old 04-14-2014, 04:49 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Damn, just what I said months ago LOL!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 05:53 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by scott s View Post
Damn, just what I said months ago LOL!
LOL, YUP!

Thank you scott

I actually thinking of slowing my HS down a bit (max achievable) since 4500 flies great and 5000 is just a little too much for me currently..it's fast!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in