Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 130X

130X Blade 130X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree3Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-14-2014, 05:58 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by fabian1675 View Post
... I don't have one of those fancy gopro camera. I'm glad to hear that you're finally enjoying yours, nice flying
Thanks! Glad to hear yours is flying well also.

I do not have one of those fancy go pros either....I don't even have one of the ever popular key-chain style cams... You know what I do? Realy hill-billy like but I just stick my phone to my hat using some styrofoam and rubber bands. Works pretty well and you can uploaed to youtube right away and delete from your phones memory.
wsntme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-16-2014, 07:20 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

My package came from China today!

I might try to load new firmware on it tonight, well see. Not sure if I need seperate power of not, dont have any servos for it yet either.

I might be needing help from you guys soon, well see. I hope its as easy as it seems.

For the Vbar software are you guys using the regular mini vbar software of the sillverline version?
jaybyrd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

Are you guys using vstabi? Application or something else?
Old 04-16-2014, 08:58 PM   #64 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaybyrd View Post
Are you guys using vstabi? Application or something else?
yes, we're using the Vstabi software from Mikado. You have to register on their site and then you can log-in and download it. No cost, you just have to register.

This unit is a clone and therefore using Mikado firmware most likely without proper licensing or approval from Mikado so I personally would not attempt to update it. It works as is and is running 5.3.4b pro already. An update *could* leave you with a brick....I'm no expert so this is mostly speculation. Risk it if you want.

To program the unit it does need to be powered up and hooked to your USB connection.
Old 04-16-2014, 09:01 PM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 130X with GY280RX

Ya that was my issue, no esc battery power yet.

I downloaded it n messed with the simulator part.
Old 04-17-2014, 04:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
Registered Users

HI,
I have a 130x with MH rotary servos and quantum motor. I am very interesting by this GY280RX (I have a DX9 radio) with a CC talon 15A. The problem is the servos plugs. How can I do with the MH rotary servos ? is it OK with the GY280RX plugs ?
sorry for my bad english language, I am french !!!!
derailleur is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

you simply have to put some new ones on. You can solder on leads with the connectors already attached or you can actually place just the connectors on. Both of the methods are listed on the previous page well as links to the parts.
pmerritt is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2014, 06:38 AM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oh yes, in page 3, I didn't saw. Thank's a lot pmerritt. I think it's the next upgrade for my 130 X
derailleur is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 01:41 PM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmerritt View Post
you simply have to put some new ones on. You can solder on leads with the connectors already attached or you can actually place just the connectors on. Both of the methods are listed on the previous page well as links to the parts.
Isn't one of the MH rotary servos reversed for the 130X original board? Does that matter, or can that be reversed again in the vstabi software?
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 01:54 PM   #70 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomatwalden View Post
Isn't one of the MH rotary servos reversed for the 130X original board? Does that matter, or can that be reversed again in the vstabi software?
You can reverse the servo in any good fbl unit software. Not an issue!
scott s is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 02:19 PM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Like scott said, not an issue. I thought I answered this question with my last pm to you an hour before you ask it here...

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsntme View Post
With the gy280 or any fully adjustable FBL you won't need to worry about having one of your servos reversed since you can do this within your setup. If using the AS3x board then you would indeed need to reverse one of your servos since the stock board gives you no adjustability other than gain settings.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:35 PM   #72 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Like scott said, not an issue. I thought I answered this question with my last pm to you an hour before you ask it here...
You did. I'm just reading a lot and asking a lot of questions. Afraid not all the information is soaking into my brain quite as quickly as it should ... Information overload!
tomatwalden is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2014, 02:39 PM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You did. I'm just reading a lot and asking a lot of questions. Afraid not all the information is soaking into my brain quite as quickly as it should ... Information overload!
Understandable! Kind of why I haven't taken the dive into FPV...just a whole 'nother bunch of stuff i gotta learn/read/research
Old 05-08-2014, 07:53 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

Has anyone experimented using the GY280RX and suitable ESC, but with the standard servos? l was thinking of trying this initially - more while I wait to see what the lynx frame may offer - so interested to know if the standard servo's have the resolution/mechanical gain to work?

TEAM LYNX/OXY
MinskUK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2014, 01:28 PM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Some Video

I had a nasty crash last week, inverted tail in, broke the boom and cracked the case of my tail servo (DO3013). Got the boom replaced and servo with (D05010). Did a couple of flight, noticed my tail is wagging. The difference with this set-up compared to before is the servo and tail blade now KBDD vs stock and I'm also getting some slight friction on my tail push rod. I'm sure the friction has something to do with the wag and I'm assuming this servo does not like the tail settings I had from the previous servo, anyways I finally was able to take some video. Here's the first flight after repair.
130X with GY280 (3 min 36 sec)

and here's the second flight

130X -GY280 test (3 min 41 sec)
Old 05-08-2014, 01:43 PM   #76 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet, nice flying! Thank you for sharing. iIm still not good enough at the inverted tailfirst circles to try them IRL but I'm working on it since I think they're cool, good work.

It looks like whatever mount you went with works well at holding your phone . Something I've started doing to help with recording quality is to fix the focus once I start recording, on my S4 I hit record and then tap the center of the screen to focus on my heli while I'm a few feet away.
Old 05-08-2014, 08:27 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
It looks like whatever mount you went with works well at holding your phone . Something I've started doing to help with recording quality is to fix the focus once I start recording, on my S4 I hit record and then tap the center of the screen to focus on my heli while I'm a few feet away.
Thanks for the tips I was wondering on how to focus the camera to heli. I'll try that next time.
Old 05-10-2014, 03:17 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MinskUK View Post
Has anyone experimented using the GY280RX and suitable ESC, but with the standard servos? l was thinking of trying this initially - more while I wait to see what the lynx frame may offer - so interested to know if the standard servo's have the resolution/mechanical gain to work?

Yes can anyone give feedback who is running stock servos? Do you have to change the servo plugs on the stock servos or do they plug right in?

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 03:24 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vertico View Post
Yes can anyone give feedback who is running stock servos? Do you have to change the servo plugs on the stock servos or do they plug right in?
You would have to change the plugs, they are different. Why anyone would upgrade to a full function FBL and stick with the stock servos is beyond me though . You don't have to get $30/ea hitecs (I have 5 blue arrow 3013's that all together cost less than one of my Hitecs)
Old 05-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
You would have to change the plugs, they are different. Why anyone would upgrade to a full function FBL and stick with the stock servos is beyond me though . You don't have to get $30/ea hitecs (I have 5 blue arrow 3013's that all together cost less than one of my Hitecs)

Good to know. I only want full function fbl so i can get some piro comp and run gov off the esc. i prefer to keep things simple without upgraded frame, servos blah blah blah. I fly the snot out of my 130 and i doubt tiny servos are going to be durable for me where the stock servos are quite durable in crashes. Not saying i dont have upgrades because i do. I just like moderate modification only where needed. My 130 flys great with the stock servos but if i could get piro comp it would be dreamy.

Lynx Heli Innovations Team Pilot
vertico is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in