Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > KDS Multirotor Support > Spyder Multirotor Support

Spyder Multirotor Support Spyder Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2014, 10:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thank you Juan. First night back wasn't so bad. Thank you for the complement. I have having a heck of a time fitting the canopy, did you have any trouble?
Almondsaz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-11-2014, 10:54 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Almost There

Just need to mount the FC and then program. Can't wait to get the first flight in.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (76.2 KB, 239 views)
Old 04-11-2014, 10:58 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

David, First time I also had some trouble adjusting it, too bad it ain't built for a better fit.

What I did was open a hole up front on the bottom side, here is a couple of pics what I did with mine and it worked perfectly, it avoids the canopy to move sideways.

As you can see here, I opened a small hole beneath for the lower tray screw to fit in:

Then using the big plastic nuts I can tight up the canopy.

Goblin 280 - Goblin 380 - Goblin 500 Classic - Goblin Black Nitro 700 - Goblin Urukay.
JPSika is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-11-2014, 11:00 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect...thank you Juan!
Old 04-12-2014, 04:51 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Power On!!!

So today I got to do power on and I have to say I am really glad I got the BTU, allows me to hook up to my iPad and make adjustments. I ran the motor test and had them all backwards so gave me a chance to fix that. Need to hook up my transmitter and get that fixed. Anyone else using a DX9 and able to share their set up process?

Thanks. Hope people are finding elements of this build thread useful - especially mistakes to avoid.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:32 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Good thing the build is coming fine.

Here is my DX9 controller setup:

Pressing the Setup button and turning on the controller for the first level of configuration:

Model Type: HELI
Swash type: Normal
Flight mode setup: Switch 1: Switch B
Switch 2: INH
Hold Switch: Switch H

Channel Assign (Page 2: Channel Input Config): Gear: B (I configured Gear Channel as I have the U channel from the FC connected here, if you have something else as AUX 1 or AUX 2 connected to the U channel, then you have to assign Switch B or whatever switch you intend to use to switch modes to the channel connected on your Rx)

// Press Back to exit this menu and press menu again to go into Normal Configuration for the selected model

Servo Setup, you'll use this to configure Switch B on top in order to access GPS Atti,Atti or Manual mode (Or Failsafe depending on what you want during the Assistant Configuration). You'll be playing with the GEAR channel Travel adjustment, I have mine +85% / -85% so I can access these three modes.

Throttle Cut: 40% and Select Switch H (Which we selected for Hold mode on above inst.)
Throttle Curve, leave it 0 - 25% - 50% - 75% - 100% on all three curves
Pitch Curve:
Normal Mode: 10% - 10% - 10% - 10% - 10%
Idle Up 1 Mode: 52% - 52% - 52% - 52% - 52%
Idle Up 2 Mode: 95% - 95% - 95% - 95% - 95%

That's all I have into my DX9 and the Quad has already more than 15 flights with no problems.

Goblin 280 - Goblin 380 - Goblin 500 Classic - Goblin Black Nitro 700 - Goblin Urukay.
Old 04-12-2014, 09:44 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bound the receiver to the transmitter an want to keep moving, anxious to fly but not until I know it is really ready to go.
Old 04-14-2014, 05:29 AM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's great. Will I be able to use some of the adjustment for my Futaba 14sgh?

Btw, I really hate putting on es5 connector. Just snapping on to the plugs was a pain, I destroy 4 male housing before I can get one in. I also had to change my power cable from the gryphon pdb from 8awg to 10awg due to ec5 connector.

This week I was working on soldering a server power suppu to use with the icharger 4010. Still have a lot of work to do.

But I bought a ladybird v2 to practice on flying so I don't totally destroy the sky hero. Too had if rash into a tree and crack the main frame. Back to amazon to get parts.
Benc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 06:07 AM   #49 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPSika View Post
David, First time I also had some trouble adjusting it, too bad it ain't built for a better fit.

What I did was open a hole up front on the bottom side, here is a couple of pics what I did with mine and it worked perfectly, it avoids the canopy to move sideways.

As you can see here, I opened a small hole beneath for the lower tray screw to fit in:

Then using the big plastic nuts I can tight up the canopy.

Would you take a shot of the front close enough to see the camera looking out the cover?
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-14-2014, 12:19 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by setishock View Post
Would you take a shot of the front close enough to see the camera looking out the cover?
Setishock, Here is the pic, as of now, the only modification I made was to cut a little more the hole on the upper side as the camera was facing slightly down, problem I had was that the artificial horizon on the iOSD was not where it was supposed to be, no that I opened the hole a little more, the camera is looking straight forward.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:06 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

So finished the FC install and think I am ready to go, this weekend will be the first maiden flight (fingers crossed) which means this will be a long week, waiting until then.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_00000059.jpg (75.8 KB, 212 views)
Old 04-15-2014, 10:28 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondsaz View Post
So finished the FC install and think I am ready to go, this weekend will be the first maiden flight (fingers crossed) which means this will be a long week, waiting until then.
Have you guys seen the Rctimer copy if this Skyhero quads the cost is abous $250 bucks looks equal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
FLIP FPV
SAMUELPINONFLORES is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2014, 10:51 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Trooper Q700 seems identical, but never in stock. For me, I like having the real thing - not a knock off.
Old 04-15-2014, 10:55 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow I just did and pretty the same frame, would love to see actual quality of the model.

Old 04-15-2014, 10:58 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Almondsaz View Post
David,
The attached pic on your last post is where the FC final place will be? It is too up front and not over the frame's C.G.

Old 04-16-2014, 12:09 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Juan:

When I checked with the company I purchased my quad from they said it was good to go. I am about 2 1/2 inches back from the front frame edge.
Old 04-16-2014, 12:56 AM   #57 (permalink)

I've been reading this thread with a mild interest. I say mild because I'm up to my kidneys in models as it is. But I'm real interested in why you picked this airframe over others. What about it captured your attention?
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2014, 04:52 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the the final position where all your electronics going to be? Did u put a wire guard where the opening is ?
Old 04-16-2014, 04:54 AM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought this because the look, the way the wire is hidden inside the arms. It just overall looks very well engineer.
Old 04-16-2014, 05:24 AM   #60 (permalink)
HF MR Support

Default Sky Hero Spyder 700 Kit build

I like the style and unique look of the model too and I will soon be ordering one to the fleet.
Any negatives ?
Is it too heavy?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in