Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 450X

Blade 450X Blade 450X Helicopters Information and Help

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-09-2014, 12:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 450X CF frame by Lynx.

Follow along on my first thoughts and review in "And It Starts" thread.

Pic's posted.

Last edited by RichKnapp; 05-10-2014 at 12:56 PM..
RichKnapp is offline        Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-09-2014, 01:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
The Airetic

Deleted.

Last edited by KiloXray; 05-09-2014 at 01:11 PM.. Reason: Unecessary
KiloXray is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 06:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your thoughts and review will be lost in the pages of your ,"And it starts"thread This separate Thread would be the "place" for people looking at the Lynx 450X CF frame Build IMHO!
Old 05-09-2014, 06:58 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Right on! Its finally ready. Can't wait for that write up Rich.
FlynHaYin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 07:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by night wolf d View Post
Your thoughts and review will be lost in the pages of your ,"And it starts"thread This separate Thread would be the "place" for people looking at the Lynx 450X CF frame Build IMHO!
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlynHaYin View Post
Right on! Its finally ready. Can't wait for that write up Rich.
I got a warning PM by the HF admin about posting Lynx stuff in the 450X main forum. As long as I post Lynx stuff in my personal thread I'm ok.
Other wise I can ONLY post Lynx stuff in the main LYNX sub forum.

And they wonder why some company reps hide that they are a rep, it's so they aren't restricted on were they post.

Sorry I can be more flexible. It's NOT me. It's forum rules.
Old 05-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just imagine this forum if vendors were allowed spam at will. Can You see how that undercuts the paid sponsor's relationship?

I'm not a thread reporter, but it was explained to me that way by another, unrelated vendor.
Crakin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 08:39 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fare enough its not technically a Blade 450X.
I'll check out the Main Lynx sub forum for your review
Old 05-09-2014, 08:58 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I guess that old rule applies that if you do not own the toy you might not be able to play with it applies. I personally enjoy your stuff Rich, I also feel that some people that "rep" products are a little over the top. I kinda think that if you rep a product it would be better for transparency if it were in a dedicated area. It would be very easy to find the information and lessens the instance of skewed opinions.
stablehover is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-09-2014, 09:20 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thank you stablehover.

I will follow the rules and post in my personal thread and the Lynx original thread.

I am enjoying doing what I do all the way around. I'm no pro or "Bill the Science Guy" just a average Joe that has some time to put the info out for others.

I am honored people like the fact I don't sacrifice my reputation for honesty by brag up something I personally don't like or even have.

I was the same way when I was a pro bodybuilder and had supplement sponsors.

I will keep doing my best to get info out and be honest while also following the rules.
Old 05-10-2014, 08:44 AM   #10 (permalink)
The Airetic

I originally posted in this thread with what I am about to say and then thought better of it because I did not want to start any drama. Then, you Rich, went ahead and aired the below info out so now I feel like it is fair game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post
I got a warning PM by the HF admin about posting Lynx stuff in the 450X main forum. As long as I post Lynx stuff in my personal thread I'm ok.
Other wise I can ONLY post Lynx stuff in the main LYNX sub forum.

And they wonder why some company reps hide that they are a rep, it's so they aren't restricted on were they post.
If reps are hiding the fact that they are affiliated with a specific company they are directly violating HF rules.

I have also had conversations with Mods on this subject and I fully understand where they are coming from. Crakin hit the nail on the head on this one. There are companies that pay HF to advertise their products here. They actually play by the rules and do not constantly post product updates in the sub forums of the helis that the part applies to. It is not fair to them for you to constantly do just that, under the guise that you are a rep or team pilot.

What you do makes it more difficult for the rest of us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichKnapp View Post

I will follow the rules and post in my personal thread and the Lynx original thread.

I will keep doing my best to get info out and be honest while also following the rules.
You keep saying that you "will follow the rules". This thread is yet another example of you trying to find, what you think is, a clever way to circumvent those rules.

Starting a thread with the product name and just saying "follow along in this other thread"? Really? The thread that is your "personal thread", so that is makes it "ok"? That is about as blatant as it gets. This is the kind of stuff that makes it harder on all of us.

Just to keep things fair, I have, in the past (last fall), started threads with a product release as the title. It was pointed out to me that I was in violation as well, and I immediately stopped, and it has not happened since. That is exactly what the Lynx Forum is for and rightfully so.

I have not seen anyone on HF push their sponsor's stuff as hard as you do, and frankly I do think it is very excessive, especially when you constantly claim to "follow the rules".

I get it. You are excited about the parts. Believe me, I am as well. Lynx makes great stuff, and that is exactly why I am happy to add my name in with theirs and promote their products in the proper manner. I think you should take a step back and reevaluate what that means to you.
Old 05-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I originally posted in this thread with what I am about to say and then thought better of it because I did not want to start any drama. Then, you Rich, went ahead and aired the below info out so now I feel like it is fair game.

If reps are hiding the fact that they are affiliated with a specific company they are directly violating HF rules.

I have also had conversations with Mods on this subject and I fully understand where they are coming from. Crakin hit the nail on the head on this one. There are companies that pay HF to advertise their products here. They actually play by the rules and do not constantly post product updates in the sub forums of the helis that the part applies to. It is not fair to them for you to constantly do just that, under the guise that you are a rep or team pilot.

What you do makes it more difficult for the rest of us.

You keep saying that you "will follow the rules". This thread is yet another example of you trying to find, what you think is, a clever way to circumvent those rules.

Starting a thread with the product name and just saying "follow along in this other thread"? Really? The thread that is your "personal thread", so that is makes it "ok"? That is about as blatant as it gets. This is the kind of stuff that makes it harder on all of us.

Just to keep things fair, I have, in the past (last fall), started threads with a product release as the title. It was pointed out to me that I was in violation as well, and I immediately stopped, and it has not happened since. That is exactly what the Lynx Forum is for and rightfully so.

I have not seen anyone on HF push their sponsor's stuff as hard as you do, and frankly I do think it is very excessive, especially when you constantly claim to "follow the rules".

I get it. You are excited about the parts. Believe me, I am as well. Lynx makes great stuff, and that is exactly why I am happy to add my name in with theirs and promote their products in the proper manner. I think you should take a step back and reevaluate what that means to you.

wow

I think you have made some pretty aggressive, over thought accusations here especially with the "clever way to circumvent those rules" , come on...............
raisinjack is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 10:07 AM   #12 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by raisinjack View Post
wow

I think you have made some pretty aggressive, over thought accusations here especially with the "clever way to circumvent those rules" , come on...............
I expected some "no, KX, you are the bad guy" posts. Obviously those who either do not know the rules or do not understand the implications will fall on that side of the fence. That's fine. Think what you want. I stand by what I said.

Last edited by KiloXray; 05-10-2014 at 11:52 AM..
KiloXray is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 11:49 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
I expected some "no, KX, you are the bad guy" posts. Obviously those who either do not know the rules or understand the implications will fall on that side of the fence. That's fine. Think what you want. I stand by what I said.

I actually agree with a lot of what you posted(especially following the rules) but to suggest that he is using a "clever way" is just plain wrong,imho.
raisinjack is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 12:02 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is true that Lynx reps get a bad rap because of this type of thing. Not all Lynx reps misuse the forums, and they should self police.
Crakin is offline        Quick reply to this message
Old 05-10-2014, 12:21 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I started the post to let people I was making posts in my personal thread on the subject not just daily things.

Then I posted thanking a person for them complementing me and why I post in my personal thread only about my sponsors products.

Then I get slammed for doing something for doing something "clever way to circumvent those rules" and from my own team, member? Holly crap.

From this point on you find me ONLY in my personal thread. You know were to find me.
Closed Thread

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in