Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 200SRX

200SRX Blade 200SRX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2014, 05:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Blade 200SRX and the Spektrum DX6i

The Spektrum Dx6i transmitter can be used with the Blade 200 SRX, but for a couple reasons (no 3 position switch, and no assignable momentary switch) the set up is a bit more complicated, and mixes are required for full functionality.

Please see the attached set up sheet.

***Please note that on all other transmitters the "panic" switch is a momentary switch. On the DX6i, it is a two position "flaps" switch. This means that when the user uses the "panic" switch, the user has extremely limited control while the model is in this mode, and that the switch must be toggled back to it's original position in order for the pilot to regain control.***
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 45441 BLH 200SRX DX6i addendum_EN.pdf (42.8 KB, 4095 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-21-2014, 07:07 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks Brian.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:09 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian James View Post
***Please note that on all other transmitters the "panic" switch is a momentary switch. On the DX6i, it is a two position "flaps" switch. This means that when the user uses the "panic" switch, the user has extremely limited control while the model is in this mode, and that the switch must be toggled back to it's original position in order for the pilot to regain control.***
Hi Brian,

According to this post: https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=307

the training/bind switch is used for panic mode? That would make much more since.. Is that true?

Thanks.

-TheChad
TheChad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 10:26 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheChad View Post
Hi Brian,

According to this post: https://www.helifreak.com/showpost.p...&postcount=307

the training/bind switch is used for panic mode? That would make much more since.. Is that true?

Thanks.

-TheChad
The trainer/bind switch is not assignable, and does not work panic. The author of that post is incorrect.
Old 05-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX18

Quote:
The trainer/bind switch is not assignable, and does not work panic. The author of that post is incorrect.
How would this work with the DX18 if I wanted to use the DX18 as the master transmitter with the trainer feature. The bind switch IS the panic switch so would this work properly to transfer control to the slave transmitter as well?
Thanks!
puppydog_taz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 10:53 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog_taz View Post
How would this work with the DX18 if I wanted to use the DX18 as the master transmitter with the trainer feature. The bind switch IS the panic switch so would this work properly to transfer control to the slave transmitter as well?
Thanks!
Page 6 in the manual
http://www.horizonhobby.com/pdf/BLH2000-Manual_EN.pdf
Old 05-22-2014, 11:13 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Maybe I am over thinking this. Everything is setup per manual. Everything is working properly. I now want to connect a slave transmitter and use the DX18 as the master. When I press the bind/trainer button to give control to the slave transmitter will that still work properly or will it just put the heli into the recovery mode.
Thanks!
Old 05-22-2014, 01:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by puppydog_taz View Post
Maybe I am over thinking this. Everything is setup per manual. Everything is working properly. I now want to connect a slave transmitter and use the DX18 as the master. When I press the bind/trainer button to give control to the slave transmitter will that still work properly or will it just put the heli into the recovery mode.
Thanks!
To use the DX18 (or DX9, or any other transmitter with channel assign-ability) as a trainer master on the Blade 200 SR X you would have to reassign either the trainer function or the panic function to a different switch to avoid activating both functions at the same time. The exact functionality of the flight mode switch and panic recovery switch would depend on the master / slave elections made within the master transmitter.

The other very real (and perhaps easier) option if you're flying in either low bank angle, or high bank angle limited modes is to simply release the right stick, and let the model self level. If you're flying in AS3x mode, you can click the flight mode switch back to low bank angle, or high bank angle mode and get exactly the same "self leveling" as you would by pulling the "panic" switch.
Old 05-22-2014, 01:23 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To use the DX18 (or DX9, or any other transmitter with channel assign-ability) as a trainer master on the Blade 200 SR X you would have to reassign either the trainer function or the panic function to a different switch to avoid activating both functions at the same time. The exact functionality of the flight mode switch and panic recovery switch would depend on the master / slave elections made within the master transmitter.

The other very real (and perhaps easier) option if you're flying in either low bank angle, or high bank angle limited modes is to simply release the right stick, and let the model self level. If you're flying in AS3x mode, you can click the flight mode switch back to low bank angle, or high bank angle mode and get exactly the same "self leveling" as you would by pulling the "panic" switch.
Thank you for the clarification!! I am going to try to teach some "Plankers" to fly this thing!!
Old 05-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

just got my 200 srx today had a few flights round garden then in open field i must say i love it i am still a novice and after my bad experience with the align 150 dfc (kept stripping gears ) this is a breeze nose in and circuits ,i have been using a dx6i and used the mix previously mentioned works a treat ,have now put a panic button in on right side wired it in parrallell with the gyro switch that also works a treat as your finger is right by it ( i fly with thumbs )
cholmondely is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2014, 05:34 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
The Spektrum Dx6i transmitter can be used with the Blade 200 SRX, but for a couple reasons (no 3 position switch, and no assignable momentary switch) the set up is a bit more complicated, and mixes are required for full functionality.
Can you clarify the first two lines of the Setup/Channel Assignments box? Are those the switch-up & switch-down settings for the Gear switch in travel adjustment? The first line says "Travel Adj" and "Gear" while the second line says "Gear/F-Mode".

Thanks.
tanstaafl is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-25-2014, 06:33 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6i Set Up Clarity

I realized Blade expects beginners to buy the RTF version but some of us were advised to buy something to take us forward. So I have a DX6i and these instructions are a bit confusing. Any chance of a video to help us out?
Lawfive is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-26-2014, 09:17 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would also like clarification to the DX 6i setup
nshc262 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 06:39 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi,

Happy to tell you that a video is available here:
Blade 200 SR X DX6i settings (2 min 10 sec)

Have fun!
Lacdenand is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-29-2014, 11:27 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey everyone,

the video was really helpful!

But I'm litte bit confused about the DR Settings. In the settings PDF it says
"ELEV-AIL D/R" to 70% (in low)
What's with Rudder D/R? I can remember in the settings of my Nano CP X the D/R was also set for Rudder.
Khaz_Katan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Beginner woes

Hi. Bought my son a 200srx recently . Was told my dx5e would work. It did for while until the mode switch got flipped and the heli went from beginner to expert to hole in the ground in seconds. We were not told there were two flavours of dx5e - we have the old one it seems. Anyhoo, result is stripped teeth from the main gear.

Nice while it lasted.

I've decide to upgrade the transmitter to a dx6i,at least I'll be able to use it on my quad too. I've seen the howto setup video. It seems complicated, it'll be my first programmable transmitter, am I biting off more than I can chew?

I'm hoping I can disable expert mode until we have more flight hours. Perhaps expert mode setup as a separate model. Is this doable?
Peterkins is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Now the new DX6 is out and there is no programming info for that but was told to use the settings for the DX9....
BR289 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 03:55 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterkins View Post
Hi. Bought my son a 200srx recently . Was told my dx5e would work. It did for while until the mode switch got flipped and the heli went from beginner to expert to hole in the ground in seconds. We were not told there were two flavours of dx5e - we have the old one it seems. Anyhoo, result is stripped teeth from the main gear.

Nice while it lasted.

I've decide to upgrade the transmitter to a dx6i,at least I'll be able to use it on my quad too. I've seen the howto setup video. It seems complicated, it'll be my first programmable transmitter, am I biting off more than I can chew?

I'm hoping I can disable expert mode until we have more flight hours. Perhaps expert mode setup as a separate model. Is this doable?
Peterkins the video above shows exactly how to setup the DX6i. You can find the screens shown in the video in the manual and easily program the transmitter

To prevent entering advanced mode you could tape the mix switch so it stays in the 0 (zero) position as both self level modes require it to be in the 0 position

I had to figure out: my heli mode DX 7 with basically. No help in the 200 Not one response on the forums and it was frustrating and I'm no beginner. I bought the Dx7 when the MSR came out for bind and fly stuff but I was already flying 600 size helis ans soon after 700's but I use Futaba transmitters and Sbus receivers on all but my many BnF. Stuff. Which I enjoy flying as much as anything

I would replace the DX7 but a soon as I got it me and my flying buddy added full ball bearings to the gimbals which they needed IMO and an upgrade voltage regulator so we could use lipo and lifepo4 batteries in them and fly a month on a chg
TT E-620 SE x 2: Scorpion 4025-740 200srx, nano qx JR Parkmites x 2
Jamesppp is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2014, 05:28 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default custom settings?

is it possible to use a "heli" set up instead of "acro"? lets say.. i don't want 3 flight modes or panic button?... i want to use my throttle hold switch , and i don't think it works in "acro"...has anyone experimented with custom settings?
M.T. pockets is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2014, 07:10 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thx for the setup video. I just order this bird with the dx6i, this will really help!
F>T>R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in