Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > DJI Multirotor Support > Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

Spreading Wings Multirotor Support Spreading Wings Multirotor Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Lightbridge - s1000 HELP - "Please Connect to Main Controller"

Got my Lightbridge today and went to work getting it all hooked up. I've got an s1000 with a Z15-GH3. I've got a power source for the LB air, and I've got it running to X2 on A2 Flight Controller, AV port on GCU and Can Bus port on iOSD. Video link is up and running but I'm getting a red message over the video that says "please connect to main controller". I've got the ground LB connected to Samsung Galaxy S5 and then running to Futaba 14SG with the red plug connected to the trainer port. Any idea where I've messed up here?

I know in the directions it says to connect the can bus cable from the LB airside to can1 in A2 Flight Controller but the split can bus cable is the wrong size and fits only in iOSD can bus port.

Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
mjeagent is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-09-2014, 11:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

does it beep? check the pins on the cable that plugs into the radio
depeche__mode is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-10-2014, 09:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Yes, I have a strong video connection. Futaba beeps and turns on when the trainer plug is plugged into the back. Do you think it has something to do with plugging the can bus cable into the iOSD?
Old 06-10-2014, 10:33 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I would remove the IOSD.... You will not need it anyway.... At least it will eliminate it as a possible problem....

Also make sure you set the NAZA to accept D-Bus as receiver source....
Also make you run the lightbridge assistant and take care of all the channel assignments.
Pinion is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks. Quick question though, without the iOSD I have no open can bus ports. If I unplug the GPS from the iOSD and use that can bus port that works but results in the gimbal slowly panning by itself. Right now, I have iOSD connected to Z15-GH3 GCU and to GPS antenna. Where do I locate an empty can bus port for the LB?
Old 06-12-2014, 01:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You will need a hub or isd markII
blade strike is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 02:32 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default LightBridge Issue

To fix this issue is simple.

Uninstall the App from your phone, Then connect device to computer (instead of using WiFi) and then log in as an Admin and reinstall the newest app.

Regards
Team Empire
Old 08-08-2014, 07:52 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did the OP get this resolved? We have the same problem, with and without the iOSD.

JC: Not sure why an App on the phone would be causing this message. The message displays both on the phone and on Cinemizer goggles.
tutelarRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-08-2014, 09:26 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please ignore my post (above). We resolved the issue.

DJI would be a MUCH better system if the manual was written more clearly. Specifically, the blue colored cable identifiers should not be blue. Blue is supposed to mean "Mutually Exclusive"... which applies to the color code on the device connections, not the cables.

We had omitted the CAN connection thinking it was mutually exclusive to the DBus connection.
tutelarRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014, 09:13 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have also seen that notice when the connection from the PMU is not made to the controller. Plug the servo wire in and it went away.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014, 08:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default FUTABA 14SG will not Control A2 Flight Controller through Lightbridge

Hey Guys,

New to the forum here but definitely not the industry.

having some serious frustrations trying to connect my Futaba 14SG through the trainer port, red cable, to the Lightbridge TX and I am getting nothing from it. The RX & TX are linked up - getting video feed and everything. I have the RF OFF on the Futaba and all controllers, light bridge, etc has the latest firmware.

Any one have any ideas?

Any help greatly appreciated!
upintheairfilms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014, 10:31 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you calibrated the Tx and mapped your channels in the Lightbridge Assistant? That must be done first. Then move to the A2 to calibrate the flight channels there. Is the control link LED solid green on the Air unit? If not you need to bind the ground and air units.
AMA #844172 DJI S1000 Lightbridge Zen for 5D, S900 LB Zen for BMPCC, DJI Phantom 2 Vision +, P2Z2 with Data Link, P2Z3 with LB DJI Forum Support
Tahoe Ed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2014, 11:41 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default I GOT IT

TAHOE ED -- Thanks so much for the reply! It wasn't 10 minutes after i figured it out. I have been messing with it for a couple of weeks now and right when i make a post i get it...

SO here is what it was -- SO SIMPLE -- I did not change the Receiver type in the A2 software to D-Bus! WOW! I feel like an idiot.

But i got it! Thanks again.

Now I just need to know what DJI Marketed the s1000 with a 5d Gimbal system with the light bridge. BC It doesn't even have full HD ability without adding a special HDMI cable (which i do have) -- and then it pretty much makes the gimbal system worthless for 2nd Operator. SO i am furious about that

Maybe someone has a solution to that one lol!
upintheairfilms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in