Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Props-Duration, Performance, Stability

Props-Duration, Performance, Stability Props-Duration, Performance, Stability

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2014, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default prop Question

I'm running The Red DJI 920KV motors on 4s mounted on my Disco and they don't seem to perform like the 95s I used on my fly away. Although I had different motors ( TBS 900kv's) these motors have a bit more pop when mounted on my F450. This disco has a bit more weight indeed ,what do you recommend I buy to get my disco to fly better using these motors. Finding the right prop with the flat spots in the mounting hole is a bitch. Everything I find won't fit these motors.
Advertisement

Old 06-17-2014, 05:23 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try the DJI 10x38 they work real good on my Y6. and they fit those motors.
jim treg is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just drill mine out and don't worry about the flat spot, I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me they are now unbalanced and my quad will fly like but I don't know any better and have a blast doing it.
Tesla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 06:22 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

450 size quads up to around 2kg go well on that spec motor on Graupner 9x5's, I am using them on my TBS Disco Pro with similar 2212 900kv motors on 4S, very happy with the performance.

Pete
petedee is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 07:36 PM   #5 (permalink)

http://1uas.com/Cat-Multicopter/Cat-...ed-Nuts-To-Fix

Those are the 9.4x4.3 props for DJI platforms that can't use the self tightening props. They are notched for the DJI motor shafts.

I have the self tightening version on all my gals and 3s or 4s give excellent performance. Although using 4s gives a lot more pep to your step.
setishock is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2014, 10:27 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default props

Quote:
Originally Posted by petedee View Post
450 size quads up to around 2kg go well on that spec motor on Graupner 9x5's, I am using them on my TBS Disco Pro with similar 2212 900kv motors on 4S, very happy with the performance.

Pete
Do they have those that fit the notched DJI motors? But then again I was checking out my motors tonight and one of them is not sounding well at all. Second time I put bearings in it too. I think I'll just order 2 T motors to match my My 2 good TBS motors and get a set of 95s so I can get back to flying with confidence. Dam I hate using my CC but oh well.
Old 06-17-2014, 10:34 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default using those now

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim treg View Post
Try the DJI 10x38 they work real good on my Y6. and they fit those motors.
Thats what I'm using now. There o.k but not as nice as the ones that came with my Disco . (Graupners 95 ) . They are a prefect match for this rig, like I said one up I think I'll just bite the bullet and order a couple of new motors and Graupners and get stop messing around with these DJI motors. Then I will replace the bad DJI motor and get a K2 board so I can re build my F450 for my back yard basher.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in