Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Blade Multirotor Support > 180QX

180QX Blade 180QX Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-24-2014, 11:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 180QX HD setup with new Spektrum DX6 radio

Can anyone give any help on programming the new DX6 to control the functions of the 180QX (like switching between flight modes, operating the camera remotely, mixes, etc)? The book only covers the DX6i. They have made a lot of upgrades with the new radio and I want to make sure I have it set up correctly. For instance, can you set it up to take pics/switch video modes on the camera using the Button (I think it's switch "I")? Thanks very much for any help you can give!
DiggyStyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-25-2014, 08:29 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, I can't help specifically as I have the RTF transmitter. But I will say that on mine, while I can take pics and vid remotely, I can not change the camera mode. It doesn't work as it says it would. So to change modes I need to do that manually on the camera.

When in doubt, I just do video, as I have found that just screen capturing the video produces pictures that are as good of quality as the pics I take with the camera in picture mode.
MB604 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiggyStyle View Post
Can anyone give any help on programming the new DX6 to control the functions of the 180QX (like switching between flight modes, operating the camera remotely, mixes, etc)? The book only covers the DX6i. They have made a lot of upgrades with the new radio and I want to make sure I have it set up correctly. For instance, can you set it up to take pics/switch video modes on the camera using the Button (I think it's switch "I")? Thanks very much for any help you can give!
I do not have the DX6. Why don't you program it as per book for the DX6i and see how it works? Another thought, google your question, I am sure you will find plenty of info.
Glaucon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glaucon View Post
I do not have the DX6. Why don't you program it as per book for the DX6i and see how it works? Another thought, google your question, I am sure you will find plenty of info.
Thanks guys. I got it figured out.
To answer your question Glaucon, I didn't do it that way because the programming parameters and features of the new DX6 are quite different from the DX6i.The radio is actually more like the DX9 (only minus 3 channels) so I used the programming instructions for the DX9 and it works perfectly. I re-assigned the channel 5 (Gear) functions to the "B" switch and assigned the Ch 6 (Aux) functions to the "I" switch (which is a momentary button) for control of the camera and now I have a button to press when I want to take a pic or start/stop video. I then programmed the voice alerts to say "Stability Low Angle", "Stability High Angle" and "Agility Mode" when I change the positions of the B switch to choose the flight modes so I never have to take my eyes off the model. The DX6 had the mode names as voice options already in its memory! I have to say I am very impressed with the new DX6 radio. I am super happy I went with it over the DX6i.
DiggyStyle is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-26-2014, 03:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
To answer your question Glaucon, I didn't do it that way because the programming parameters and features of the new DX6 are quite different from the DX6i.The radio is actually more like the DX9 (only minus 3 channels) so I used the programming instructions for the DX9 and it works perfectly. I re-assigned the channel 5 (Gear) functions to the "B" switch and assigned the Ch 6 (Aux) functions to the "I" switch (which is a momentary button) for control of the camera and now I have a button to press when I want to take a pic or start/stop video. I then programmed the voice alerts to say "Stability Low Angle", "Stability High Angle" and "Agility Mode" when I change the positions of the B switch to choose the flight modes so I never have to take my eyes off the model. The DX6 had the mode names as voice options already in its memory! I have to say I am very impressed with the new DX6 radio. I am super happy I went with it over the DX6i.
Thanks for sharing your findings, good to know.
Glaucon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Let us share in your success!

Hey diggy,

Care to upload your model file so we can all share in the joy?

TBF
Teambluefalcon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-19-2014, 05:18 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default DX6 programming for Blade 180QX

Spektrum RC have a setup file for the 180QX that can be downloaded. However, when I installed it the flight modes did not appear to change. I will be using the DX9 settings to modify the settings.

The DX6 manual tells you how to program the timer to a switch or auto-start at a throttle percentage; but doesn't inform how to reset the timer. I found a video on YouTube that showed the "Clear" button being used to reset it.
MJA1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2015, 09:39 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thank you

Quote:

Thanks Diggy! your instructions helped me very much with my DX6. The only question I have is with the "I" switch for photo/video. How did you program it to switch from still photo to video? Can that be done? Or, do I still have to manually switch the camera on, and then to either still photo or video before the flight, Then use the switch to start / stop either function?
crazyhor8e is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2015, 10:22 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Read you manuals. All the info you request are in the manuals.
Attached Files
File Type: spm BLH_180QX.SPM (22.0 KB, 87 views)

USAF RETIRED 1968-1988 Vietnam Veteran
Pfloyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in